SeraTaru

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

When will my posts be allowed without approval from a moderator?

Am I earning brownie points? At which point am I deemed ok to post and have banked enough points?

I can simply create a new account with an IP filter to bypass this nonsense so what's the point?

When I come here on the back of an apology and ask forgiveness and still have to sit at "the back of the church" until I'm approved it's hard to take. Doesn't forgiveness mean a fresh start?

I guess the apostle Paul wouldn't have been able to post either for quite a while given that he slaughtered the early church?

So seriously should I wait weeks for man's approval, or just create a new account and post away?

Thanks

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,805
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

You have a total of 3 posts.  If you've already posted up something that we had to take down because it was really objectionable ... then you've broken trust.  With a total of 3 posts ... you've not given us faith to remove your moderator review.  Besides ... it's not a BAN ... it's a precautionary measure we use to avoid problems.  Post away ... show that you are indeed here to fellowship and be part of a community.  

Moderator Review is not a time issue ... it's when you've posted away and we've lose the reason to review your posts any longer.  Clearly, you've not given us any reason not to remove your Mod Review.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 9/21/2019 at 7:36 AM, Godismyloveforever said:

Yes, it's Friday night. Déjà vu.

:35::cry_smile:

Thanks for your post - yes I was down and struggling with things that I can't seem to overcome.

I'm glad you don't have this struggle - it's a horrible feeling waking up, checking emails and posts and then realising "O no....another bad post or email".

You're so fortunate - maybe one day you may be able to respond with grace and mercy instead of....well - something else. Did you spend more time choosing funny emoticons or praying for me or others that struggle with substance abuse?

Always remember Christ came to call the sick, the healthy don't need a doctor. 

Luke 18 But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

19 hours ago, SeraTaru said:

Thanks for your post - yes I was down and struggling with things that I can't seem to overcome.

I'm glad you don't have this struggle - it's a horrible feeling waking up, checking emails and posts and then realising "O no....another bad post or email".

You're so fortunate - maybe one day you may be able to respond with grace and mercy instead of....well - something else. Did you spend more time choosing funny emoticons or praying for me or others that struggle with substance abuse?

Always remember Christ came to call the sick, the healthy don't need a doctor. 

Luke 18 But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

SeraTeru, 

I read the the trail of your posts.  May Jesus lift you up, my brother. 

I see the tracks of a man in the grips of an issue larger than his ability to restrain.  We are all there, if we have the wisdom to see it.

I have no right to speak into your life - none at all.  But I feel compelled to, so please read my post here in the tone in which it is sent: Love and Compassion.

As I said above, we all have the opportunity to face our own failures before God.  I strongly believe that each of us has areas that are not in compliance with the rules God has introduced.  Unfortunately, for many people their areas are socially acceptable, and their doctrines build a custom set of rules that allow them to judge themselves approved on their own strength. 

Many in that situation can interact reasonably well with other people while they are in the grips of their weakness. 

In situations like yours, struggles with alcohol and other substances, the restraint from saying and doing mean things is removed to a large extent.

Your anger you express in your post I quoted above is a natural result of the hopelessness of being caught in a cycle that hurts others around you while in the grips of the weakness, then feeling the shame and embarassment of realizing your public display of weakness when you awaken from the episode.

You desparately need love from people and so you keep reaching out.  Only to viciously rip at those who are brave enough to reach out.

Here on the forum, you could realize that moderator review may be helpful.  When caught in the weakness, you will post things that will drive people away.  I don't know how long the moderators will allow, but at least for a time you can continue to communicate with people during your times of relative strength.

Your real life is much more difficult, there is no-one sitting ready to filter out the destruction that comes from the weakness.  But there could be.  My prayer is that you find some people who love other people and help them fight these terrible weaknesses that a person alone cannot overcome.  There are some of us online, but that won't work for your real life.

Your real life is precious to God.  You are no more a piece of trash than I am.  You are worth fighting for.  Make the choice during the time of less weakness to take steps towards freedom. Real steps in your real life that is really loved by the real Jesus.

You noted above who Jesus identified as accepted by God in Luke.  Now gather your faith and believe it.  In the real Kingdom of Heaven, you stand among those redeemed at the Cross of the Christ.  Nothing can remove that standing.  Now believe it and feel His love.  And let his Love fill your needs.  

Then you will be able to start fighting your way out of the pit that not only destroys you but the people around you. As all of our weaknesses do, just some faster and more obvious than others.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

When Jesus came, he gave up his rights in order to be wronged. He was wronged plenty. Jesus said they hated him for no reason---but he took it. I cannot, in good conscience, claim that. I do not think anyone here hates me without reason, but I do not think people hate me with reason because we serve the same God, who is full of love and compassion. Therefore, I do not condemn you. I must examine my own heart first, and if I am honest, I will find so much more about myself to look at than I will find about you.

When Jesus spoke to the wayward woman brought to him,  John 8:10-11 (NIV)
10  Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
11  "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Jesus tells others, "Go now and leave your life of sin." Her book is not finished. Her last page is unwritten. We do not know what became of her. Nor do I know what will become of me. But what I do know is this: my job is to bring my soul before the Lord whole and clean. I cannot speak for you. You must discern what the Holy Spirit is conveying to you so that after your last page you will find spoken, "Well done my good and faithful servant."

I wish that for you, I wish it for each of us. I wish it for me. God bless you.

@SeraTaru

I need to add to the post above.  On rereading it, I realize it could sound like I come from a position of strength.  I do not.  This story from Luke says it beautifully.  My hope rests on nothing but Jesus, but I sure wish there was a brotherhood around.

36 When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table. 37 A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume. 38 As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”

40 Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to tell you.”

“Tell me, teacher,” he said.

41 “Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii,[c] and the other fifty. 42 Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?”

43 Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven.”

“You have judged correctly,” Jesus said.

44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.

48 Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

49 The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Edited by lftc
added emphasis to scripture passage to illustrate why I posted again. I want to love a lot as I have been forgiven a lot.

I am compelled to post yet again.  I feel that the Holy Spirit has given the opportunity to illustrate.

The dear brother Coliseum posted a part of the story of the woman caught in adultery from the book of John.  Which is an excellent example of Jesus tremendous grasp of the Law. As Coliseum isolated, he ends by telling her to "Go and sin no more".

I did not know Coliseum was posting that while I prepared my second post, which included the entire story of the whore at Jesus feet, which ends with Jesus saying "Your faith has saved you; Go in peace."

In the case of the Woman caught in adultery, she was brought to Jesus.  We see no sign of belief in Jesus. 

In the case of the whore at Jesus feet.  She came to Jesus.  We see adoration of Jesus, which surely means belief.

The woman caught in adultery is sent out with instruction to keep the Law.  She is not yet ready to rely on Jesus, she needs more failure before she is ready to look for pure mercy.

The whore at Jesus feet has come to the place of complete reliance on the Mercy of Jesus.

One of my favorite songs of years ago:  "If I could be anyone at all, let me be the whore at your feet."

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

22 hours ago, SeraTaru said:

Hi SeraTaru,

I was just wondering have you tried reading the Bible when you first wake up instead of reaching to check your emails or any other online activity?  It's the first thing I've learned to do. Even reading a verse and meditating on a passage for a few minutes can go a long way in how your day begins and strengthen you in you walk with the Lord. In any case, I just want to encourage you and hang in there. I read your apology that you posted at the end of July and I felt it was from the heart. You may already know this, so this would just be a gentle reminder that God shows us that He forgives us when we ask for forgiveness, just as we are to forgive others. However, he lets us live through the consequences of our actions so that we learn to make better decisions and take care in how we treat others etc..  Please know that even asking forgiveness is coming from a place of humility. Continue to be the best you can be and patiently wait through the process. It will work out.

• Praise God! 1

@SeraTaru  I am hoping to hear from you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

On 9/27/2019 at 11:53 AM, lftc said:

I am compelled to post yet again.  I feel that the Holy Spirit has given the opportunity to illustrate.

The dear brother Coliseum posted a part of the story of the woman caught in adultery from the book of John.  Which is an excellent example of Jesus tremendous grasp of the Law. As Coliseum isolated, he ends by telling her to "Go and sin no more".

I did not know Coliseum was posting that while I prepared my second post, which included the entire story of the whore at Jesus feet, which ends with Jesus saying "Your faith has saved you; Go in peace."

In the case of the Woman caught in adultery, she was brought to Jesus.  We see no sign of belief in Jesus. 

In the case of the whore at Jesus feet.  She came to Jesus.  We see adoration of Jesus, which surely means belief.

The woman caught in adultery is sent out with instruction to keep the Law.  She is not yet ready to rely on Jesus, she needs more failure before she is ready to look for pure mercy.

The whore at Jesus feet has come to the place of complete reliance on the Mercy of Jesus.

One of my favorite songs of years ago:  "If I could be anyone at all, let me be the whore at your feet."

I have mentioned this story several times.....I completely identify with the sinful woman....those that don’t have a problem.....it is a priceless story of conviction ,repentance and Salvation and what Faith in  Jesus , PLUS NOTHING can accomplish ...... “ Your FAITH has SAVED you- go in peace....” The most precious eight words ever uttered......I still tear up when I read that story......I learned the lesson of that story years ago . I REST in the FACT that my Faith has saved me , Just like it did the prostitute......I am at peace with my Salvation.Turn to Jesus, come to Him as a lost , hopeless sinner and see what happens .

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1