• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

4 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

I was supposed to be named Charles, but of course not. Oh no, it was better to name me after a device of ill repute! :coffee:  

Not trying to go off topic, but just a quick mention...  my brother-in-law is Charles but prefers to be called Chuck.  Unfortunately, some tease with the name upchuck... so not a whole lot better than John, in some ways.  just saying.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Repose said:

Also a reference to how I like to read the dictionary now and then. :noidea:

Ah sister, we have that in common, ...as a child, when I didn't know how to spell a word, I would ask my mom, ...she would always say, "go look it up in the dictionary," ...now our dictionary was old, huge and must of weighed 20 pounds, most of the time I would forget to look for my word and just start reading page after page, ...when I started to learn French, I would do the same with a French Dictionary, Robert pour tous is my go to, ...but back then it was Larousse because it included pictures.

Anyway sis, ...we're not weird, ...we just have a large vocabulary.  :laugh:

Lord bless

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,044
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

10 hours ago, JTC said:

It has occurred to me that someone might think my screen name of JTC means I'm trying to liken myself to our Lord and Savior Jesus who is also called Christ, which means messiah. Christ is not a name it is more of a title. No one has asked me this, I'm just telling everyone just in case someone might think I'm so foolish as to consider myself the Lord's equal. No way. JTC are actually the initials of the first, middle and last names I received at birth. The first one is John.

Hi JTC. No I didn't think you were trying to liken yourself to Christ via your intials, but your post reminds me of this interesting alpha-numeric sequence (count the letters in each word).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

image.png.e498ef4e93183648a285614bdc2214b2.png

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Well good, I'm glad no one thought that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

9 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Ah sister, we have that in common, ...as a child, when I didn't know how to spell a word, I would ask my mom, ...she would always say, "go look it up in the dictionary," ...now our dictionary was old, huge and must of weighed 20 pounds, most of the time I would forget to look for my word and just start reading page after page, ...when I started to learn French, I would do the same with a French Dictionary, Robert pour tous is my go to, ...but back then it was Larousse because it included pictures.

Anyway sis, ...we're not weird, ...we just have a large vocabulary.  :laugh:

Lord bless

Brother*, lol.

When I was in elementary school, the teachers would punish the class if we all acted up bad enough. We would be assigned two pages from the dictionary, and we would have to sit and write down every definition with all the details on seperate sheets of paper, and we weren't allowed to leave until it was reviewed by the teacher. Every student dreaded this, but me, I found it interesting. Having to write so much hurt my wrist, but still, the punishment wasn't very effective on me. I'd look through it once in a while, and that has continued into my adult life. Now I have an encyclopedic dictionary 1149 pages thick. I haven't read through all of it yet.

Lord bless you as well.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,748
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 hours ago, JTC said:

It has occurred to me that someone might think my screen name of JTC means I'm trying to liken myself to our Lord and Savior Jesus who is also called Christ, which means messiah. Christ is not a name it is more of a title. No one has asked me this, I'm just telling everyone just in case someone might think I'm so foolish as to consider myself the Lord's equal. No way. JTC are actually the initials of the first, middle and last names I received at birth. The first one is John.

I will probably continue to think of you as Jimmy T.

:blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

32 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

I, however, am curious to know why after having joined the site over 7 years ago, you now have this concern.

Since you asked :-)  I've had this concern many yrs. I'm becoming more known lately so I did this.

There has been a wonderful side effect I did not anticipate, which means the Lord did it. I've been trying to get everyone to open up & trust each other more for years. I mean we're Christians are we not. But some of us are scared to use our 1st names or say which state we're in. Others won't say their gender. Well since I said I'm John I think 2 or 3 others have disclosed their 1st names. Thank you Jesus.

(Stay tuned for my next Big thread when the Lord wants it) I think it will be soon.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

26 minutes ago, JTC said:

Since you asked :-)  I've had this concern many yrs. I'm becoming more known lately so I did this.

There has been a wonderful side effect I did not anticipate, which means the Lord did it. I've been trying to get everyone to open up & trust each other more for years. I mean we're Christians are we not. But some of us are scared to use our 1st names or say which state we're in. Others won't say their gender. Well since I said I'm John I think 2 or 3 others have disclosed their 1st names. Thank you Jesus.

It turned out to be a really cute thread, for lack of a better word.