IGNORED

Amazingly beautiful voice!! Homeless woman sings opera!!

Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,305
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

A police officer took video of this homeless woman with the fantastic opera voice!   She was singing in a subway station near me.    Now practically everyone wants her to be found and to be given a chance with her wonderful voice.   She also plays the violin we learned.   Regular people and news reporters are searching for her.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Pretty incredible. Sometimes homeless ones choose the life they live, and sometimes not. Well, God bless her. It would be nice if an opportunity for a better situation could be arranged. 

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Pretty incredible. Sometimes homeless ones choose the life they live, and sometimes not. Well, God bless her. It would be nice if an opportunity for a better situation could be arranged. 

David, more information on her today!   She hasn't been found yet...but we are hoping for that.

She went to Julliard in NYC.   As you probably know, Julliard only lets the best of the best into their school!!!   She is Russian born and has lived in the U.S. for 30 years....has been seen wandering in Los Angeles and Glendale for 10 years.   She likes to feed the birds/pidgeons and give them water, too.

I'll give more updates as available....sure hope she can be helped into a music career or some type of music work.   She also plays the violin!

Thank God for the police officer who posted her video.   He said a beautiful thing about her.... can't recall the exact words right now so I won't try.

• Loved it! 2

3 hours ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

Wow, God sure gifted her with an amazing voice! I hope she is able to put her talent to good use and continue to inspire others.

Yes, I certainly hope they can find her.   On the news they said since the video of her appeared on TV, etc, that she hasn't been seen at her regular locations.

If I saw her, I would phone the news so they could hopefully get her the support she needs.   Her voice is so magnificent that she truly deserves a career or at least some type of work using her talent that would get her a place to live.

Good news!   Emily has been found!   This new video includes an interview with her, and has more singing.

Emily became homeless three years ago when someone stole her violin.   She would play her violin around the city.   She couldn't pay her bills or rent.   She now sleeps on cardboard on the street.

She is classically trained in the violin and piano!   However, amazingly she has no voice training.   May God help her to get work and off of the streets.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Her voice brings tears to my eyes.  Of course the acoustics are great in the subway, which is why she likes to sing there.  I hope someone might gift her with a violin.  Many places hire vocalists, especially Jewish synagogs.  I knew someone trained in opera who worked in one in San Francisco.  They paid well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I have had some humbling experiences of talking with some of the homeless. Mostly men. Some of them have had families. Because of their addiction or other bad experiences they have had to leave their families behind. Some of them are quite intelligent and interesting to talk with. Some of them have had educated careers. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, Willa said:

Her voice brings tears to my eyes.  Of course the acoustics are great in the subway, which is why she likes to sing there.  I hope someone might gift her with a violin.  Many places hire vocalists, especially Jewish synagogs.  I knew someone trained in opera who worked in one in San Francisco.  They paid well.

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I have had some humbling experiences of talking with some of the homeless. Mostly men. Some of them have had families. Because of their addiction or other bad experiences they have had to leave their families behind. Some of them are quite intelligent and interesting to talk with. Some of them have had educated careers. 

Here's a new video...more singing, a brief interview with Emily and her tearful, heartfelt thank you to the police officer who is helping to change her life.   A fund has been established for her and as of 11pm on Monday, $12,000 has already been given for her.

I heard that she has been hired to sing at the opening of the new Little Italy in San Pedro, California.   They will provide a hotel while she is there, and hope to find some lodging for her.

Also, when her violin was stolen, the thief violently smashed it....as two men chased him to try to recover it for Emily.  She was also pushed from a bus, and fractured her wrist as a result.   I'm glad for her that people are now helping her.

Here is the beautiful quote by the police officer when he posted Emily's video:

“4 million people call LA home. 4 million stories. 4 million voices...sometimes you just have to stop and listen to one, to hear something beautiful,” the LAPD wrote.

Btw, the fund for Emily is now up to just under $15,000!

This is an in-depth article about Emily.   She thanks God in it.   In 2005, her pancreas and liver were failing.   A friend that helped her financially died.   Now she is becoming a star in the neighborhood...maybe I'll see her one day!   This article also talks of the job she got this coming Saturday at the Little Italy opening.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-10-01/homeless-singer-viral-la-subway-opera