• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Firm Foundation said:

Those he actually gives eternal life to won't perish.  

And God will grant that Eternal Life to all that come to Him  through Faith in His Son...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, DustyRoad said:

But this isn't true, Firm Foundation. Where in the scriptures do we see God's will *not* being done? Since when have the words which proceeded from God's mouth failed? 

Is it God's will that everyone is saved?  Is it God's will that sin takes place in the world?

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

And God will grant that Eternal Life to all that come to Him  through Faith in His Son...

Initially as long as they follow him.

• Oy Vey! 1

Just now, DustyRoad said:

You didn't answer the question, friend. Do you actually believe that the actions of anyone or anything can overcome the Living God? We know what the Lord permits: he permitted the accuser to scourge Job, for example. He permits all of us the opportunity to choose as we please and yet nothing and no one can overcome his Word or intentions. 

He permits people to reject Jesus or walk away and be lost again.  You answered your own question without realizing it.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

58 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Is it God's will everyone be saved?  They are not.  Just because it says that is the will of God doesn't mean it will happen, again see John 17:12.  Not a done deal.

Joh 17:12 NKJV   While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

So there are some that were not truly His, that the Father had not given Him, and there were some that were lost so that Scripture might be fulfilled.  

Act 15:24  Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

1Jo 2:19  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

• Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, Willa said:

Joh 17:12 NKJV   While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

So there are some that were not truly His, that the Father had not given Him, and there were some that were lost so that Scripture might be fulfilled.  

Act 15:24  Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

1Jo 2:19  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

It states he lost Judas, meaning he was one the Father gave him, but you are missing the other point.  This was fulfilled and referred to the 12.  It is being misused to promote OSAS.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

28 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Those he actually gives eternal life to won't perish.  

Is eternal life based on performance? Or believing the record(the Gospel) that God gave of his Son? Are you saying God’s salvation is only free initially? A word that is never linked to salvation. 

4 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Here's the question I asked:
"Where in the scriptures do we see God's will *not* being done? Since when have the words which proceeded from God's mouth failed?"  

Your ad hoc response leaves much to be desired, Firm Foundation. Here was the first answer you provided to my question:

"Is it God's will that everyone is saved?  Is it God's will that sin takes place in the world?" You avoided answering the question. 

Pressing further, you then provided the following: 

You never answered my question, not once. You're not being honest and it seems like you're acting in bad faith. 

First of all, you are making accusations.  That violates the TOS.  Nevertheless, I will attempt to explain this. 

In a sense, God's will is always done.  If God didn't want evil to continue, it wouldn't, but God himself is Holy, so evil is not his will.  If all you are asking is for scripture saying God's will isn't being done,  I never claimed there were any that said that.  Is that satisfactory, or is that dishonest?

Now, how about you answering me this.  Is God's will that everyone be saved?  Will you give me an honest answer?

Just now, saved34 said:

Is eternal life based on performance? Or believing the record(the Gospel) that God gave of his Son? Are you saying God’s salvation is only free initially? A word that is never linked to salvation. 

God saves anyone that comes to him, and you are given eternal life, but you can lose salvation if you go back into willful sin.

• Oy Vey! 1

1 minute ago, nzkev said:

Judas Never believed He was never saved so he didn't lose it

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

The Bible says Jesus lost him.  That prophecy was fulfilled and is misused to promote OSAS.