Trust & Obey

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not saying it makes sense, but they did weasel their way out of having to remove the display in the Supreme court.

The funny thing is the "Seperation of Church and State" is a myth. It's too far often abused for the original intent. A display of the 10 Commandments is hardly a law recognizing the establishment of religion.

I have to wonder if most of the judges out there have read the Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my gosh....we agree....

:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not saying it makes sense, but they did weasel their way out of having to remove the display in the Supreme court.

The funny thing is the "Seperation of Church and State" is a myth. It's too far often abused for the original intent. A display of the 10 Commandments is hardly a law recognizing the establishment of religion.

I have to wonder if most of the judges out there have read the Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my gosh....we agree....

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny how a common opponent can do that. I rtemember my Dad saying that all of the guys in his platoon in WWII were always fighting with each other until they got into combat. That united their hearts pretty quick.

A friend of mine had some beautiful hunting dogs. During the off-season all they did was snip at each other. They had to be kept in separate kennels. During huntig season, they would curl up together and get along just fine.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

It seems that the justices who rejected the 10 Commandments forgot that the basis of most the basic laws in this country (murder, theft) are based on the 10 Commandments.  Is it really a surprise, since these same justices are rejecting most of this nation's laws in favor of moral relativism?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to mention that the original concept of separation had nothing to do with the way they are applying it now

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed. Kind of like the original concept of "for public use" has nothing to do with the way they're using it now (private property rights).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On the other side, the 10 commandments wasn't the foundation of the justice system like I've been reading from so many christian news sources.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is definitely not my area of expertise, but I'd probably have to disagree with what I've read through the years. They still swear people in with a Bible.

Regarding Separation of Church and State... it says Congresss shall make no law... Since when is a 10 commandments display a law established by Congress?

99% of the things the ACLU chases as "violations of Sep of Church and State" have nothing to do with Congressional laws.

This is grossly mininterpreted and, like Hitler said, "if you tell a lie loud enough, and long enough, and often enough the people will believe it."

That is what's happened with Sep of Church and State. They hearked on it for so long that people think its legitimate.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I'd say that as much as we don't like it, it's gonna have to happen b4 Christ returns according to 2Tim 3:1-4

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;