• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Thanks for the response. I reckon I'm not that interested.

One of the early lessons the Lord taught me was the reality of demon possession. It was one of those very remarkable experiences. He told me just what was going to happen ahead of time when visiting a woman that a member asked me to visit.

I was parked outside the apartment and I asked the Lord to guide me, as was my practice. He said, "go inside and I am going to teach you something".

I went inside and I immediately sensed the 'wrongness'. I began to speak with here. She tried to seduce me in a very unpleasant manner. The Lord then told me "she is going to go into the kitchen, get a knife and come out to try to kill you". Ok says I.  A moment later she went into the kitchen and I could hear the rattling of utensils in a drawer. She came out and was literally screaming in a very strange and abnormal voice, with raised butcher knife screamed 'I am going to kill you'. I rebuked the spirit and she immediately laid down and went to sleep.

The Lord told me He was done and I left.

The lesson was--this stuff is real. It has never happened again since.

I was curious because if what you say is true--I have met one. I have since wondered why I haven't had another experience like that one. That was about 40 years ago.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

is there anything in the cannon of 66 books of the bible?

Genesis Chapter six speaks of the sons of God having children with human females.  Places in the New Testament that speaks of angels leaving their place and coming here and are locked away.    If you have read the book as you read through the Bible it focuses the context of some scripture as to why those things happened.    When the Israelites  spied out the promise land they came back and reported that the people there were Giants and at least some of the produce they brought back were huge.

Why God told them to destroy everything in those lands when they went into it...   everything that took breath because it's genetic makeup had been corrupted....     it just gives the context to understand why a lot of the Bible happened....    

It is necessary to be saved...….    nope and that's what the 66 books of the Bible are all about....   introduction to the Father and how to be with him.     But that does not make other books fiction.    One does need take care about it all though for there are things out there that are fiction....     The second book of Enoch that is available is a very bad translation of the first and the third book of Enoch was written long after Jesus died and rose by some Jewish Rabbi and is basically Jewish Mysticism that can be traced back through Egyptian Mysticism to the times of Nimrod and his wife....   All fallen angel and demon created to get hold of the human race. 

5 minutes ago, Alive said:

I was curious because if what you say is true--I have met one. I have since wondered why I haven't had another experience like that one. That was about 40 years ago.

Not everyone is supposed to mess with those beings.   It's been my experience that if you don't bother them they will not usually bother you...   once you to interface with them you get on their radar and they will interface more and more.     An introduction to you of their presence, however with your faith they understand you are not touchable...     My interest was what happened to the lady when she woke up....   that's been my duty in life...   helping people deal with the after affects of their interference.  And that can be devastating over a long period of time if the Holy Spirit isn't directly introduced to that person....    and if they have been traumatized over years with those things it's not always simple to fix it all for some reason.

When you rebuked the spirit where did it go..   did it leave the lady or just fall at your feet and wait for you to leave....    I am truly intrigued.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Very true. I think most would rather haggle over 'theology' than actually go out in the Power we have been given. So little teaching on this, and when a place IS visited by the Spirit, it often transpires that a 'new' movement gets set up... and then it becomes passe. I like to read Smith Wigglesworth to get a real-feel of all this. He was an amazing man.

It's unfortunate that always seems to happen...it doesn't take long for hands of flesh get hold of the things that God is doing, and it all gets tainted and goes off.

4 minutes ago, other one said:

Not everyone is supposed to mess with those beings.   It's been my experience that if you don't bother them they will not usually bother you...   once you to interface with them you get on their radar and they will interface more and more.     An introduction to you of their presence, however with your faith they understand you are not touchable...     My interest was what happened to the lady when she woke up....   that's been my duty in life...   helping people deal with the after affects of their interference.  And that can be devastating over a long period of time if the Holy Spirit isn't directly introduced to that person....    and if they have been traumatized over years with those things it's not always simple to fix it all for some reason.

When you rebuked the spirit where did it go..   did it leave the lady or just fall at your feet and wait for you to leave....    I am truly intrigued.

I have no idea. We were in the living room and the woman just fell onto the sofa and fell asleep. I didn't see any entity at all.

I don't know what became of her. The Lord was finished and simply told me to leave, now. I had no further instruction on the matter.

I don't know why the Lord took me through that beyond two things. That it is real stuff and that since then I can recognize (sense) wrongness--for lack desire to say it differently. Wrongness.

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I recognise the Nephilim in the scripture you mention in the accepted cannon, but not that they are/became demons. Where does it say that the fallen angels are not demons?

where does it say they are...      we are told that we may entertain angels unknowingly.  I think the context is that they are the good ones, but experience tells me that those we might interface with are not always on God's team.            There was once a person here on worthy that was born into that world of Satan's followers as a multi generational following.   She dealt directly with the fallen angels ..    The Lord pulled her out of that family and has protected her for many years.   You can find her on the internet.  Her name is Carolyn Hamlett.   She can explain things as first person experience  but her main goal is to show people that you can come to the Lord and receive salvation and spiritual protection no matter what state your life is in.

And that is pretty much what my personal goal is, to help those who find themselves tied up in things that they don't understand a way out....   and if you have never been in that position consider yourself really blessed.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Alive said:

-for lack desire to say it differently. Wrongness.

I think a very good description.  I do understand.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, maryjayne said:

is there anything in the cannon of 66 books of the bible?

Yes. Gibborim and Repharim and the 'sea peoples' where Goliath hailed from. See Gen 6 and others, plus Peter and Jude refer to these fallen spirits.

The view that has increased in favor today is the position that the "sons of God" were fallen angels who had relations with the "daughters of men" (Genesis 6:1-6), and as a result, the Nephilim were born. This is the most popular view in the Church today.

A verse that supporters of this position turn to is Job 1:6 "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them." In connection to this verse Job 38:7 also tells us "when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" These verses use the same term found in Genesis 6. Theologians historically have interpreted the "sons of God" as "angels," which fit right in to the context of these verses.

Jude 1:6-7:

"And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, he has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgement of the great day; as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.”

The Jude 1:6-7 passage indicates there were angels that went after strange flesh.

The Book of Enoch describes angels marrying women on earth, and the offspring was a giant type of being. 

Jews and early Christians and the fathers held this book as a scripture. Much of the apostles writings include what we today would call extra-biblical books. Just remember that our modern canon is NOT the original canon.

Some say that because Enoch is quoted in Jude 1:14, it should be in the biblical canon. But other writings are also quoted in Scripture that are clearly not the word of God (Acts 17:28; Titus 1:12).

Rephaim & Anakim?

When we speak of giants in the Bible and the Nephilim, we can't forget to consider the Rephaim (Genesis 14:5).

One of the definitions of Rephaim, according to the Jews, are a people group of greater-than-average height and stature (Deuteronomy 2:20-21) also known as the Zamzummim. They were as tall as the Anakim, according to Scripture, which are other giants in the land.

Where did these giants come from? They can be traced back to Genesis 6. 

Remember that the loose term 'angel' is not ontological. It means 'messenger', and often refers to either Yeshua (the Angel of the Lord) or divine beings of various heavenly status.

Edited by Justin Adams

Did Josephus mention them?

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

Do you mean outside of the Bible canon of 66 books?

What do you mean?

Btw this thread is not about our freedom of choice, it's about Satan and his demons.

This is all the 'church' can say, but it is not enough by far. These spirits are VERY powerful, but not near as powerful as The Lord of Glory that we follow. We should understand the enemy well. The minor demons we deal with that bring personal havoc to us are nothing compared to the sons of God over the nations. (Deut 32 and Psalm 82). These are the principalities and powers and like the Watchers that came to earth in Gen 6 have exceptional power over the nations. Saul called them Archons and the ones that are imprisoned in Tartarus (the deepest hell or hades) are similar. There are books and Jewish Theology plus the Church Fathers that give us a real feel for the accelerated evil and the overwhelming disasters that they brought to earth.

ha-satan is just the first of the many disobedient spirits. Demons are just disembodied low level products of dead Nephilim.

ha-satan is given way too much attention by an ignorant church (which he likes of course). He is the Nacash of Gen 3 that deceived Eve.