• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,303
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

53 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Hi @Debp,

Both you and I are more than fond of our furry little friends. Sorry for going off-topic, but so does everyone else on this forum. I couldn't get a decent copy/paste from this source, but perhaps you may recall Lil Bub, the famous internet cat. Anyway, she passed away at the young feline age of eight. Here's the article. 

Lil Bub, Famous Internet Cat, Dead at 8

Bub worked with Steve Albini, Whoopi Goldberg, Run the Jewels, Andrew W.K., and more in her lifetime

Internet-famous cat Lil Bub has died, as BrooklynVegan notes. “On the morning of Sunday, December 1 2019 we lost the purest, kindest, and most magical living force on our planet,” Bub’s “dude” Mike Bridavsky announced. “Bub was cheerful and full of love laying in our bed with us Saturday night, but unexpectedly passed away peacefully in her sleep.” Lil Bub was 8 years old. Find Bridavsky’s note below.

A polydactyl cat born with several other genetic abnormalities—including feline dwarfism, osteoporosis, and a trait that left her permanently a kitten—Lil Bub was adopted by musician Mike Bridavsky. He began posting about her on Tumblr in 2011, and her large, green eyes, rolling tongue, and miniature appearance quickly made her a sensation. Lil Bub went on to publish a book, host her own web series, and record music. She also dedicated her life to highlighting special needs and homeless cats, working closely with the ASPCA to raise money for both groups.

Born as part of a feral litter discovered in Indiana, Bub was the runt. Bridavsky took her home, and saw something special in her unique features. “That’s the reason I started sharing her: I was super-proud of her and I really thought she was the most amazing creature,” he told SPIN. In 2013, she began hosting the web series Lil Bub’s Big Show, which saw the likes of Steve Albini and Whoopi Golberg stop by to talk. She also recorded an album, collaborated with Andrew W.K. (“Star Party Animal”), appeared in Run the Jewels’s “Meow Purrdy” video, and released a special 7" split with Surfer Blood featuring her song “Bub the Builder” on the B-side.

I don't remember Lil Bub, but what a delightful story about her!    Grumpy Cat also died awhile back.... another cat star!

I'm sorry about the mountain lions dying from Mercury poisoning.   I heard something on our news about it.   Years ago one of our mountain lions got mange.   But then later on, it was ok.    Just looked up an article on this....they treated one cat for the mange and he was ok.    Another cat was treated and released.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-mountain-lion-mange-rat-poison-20190307-story.html

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, 

Like the plumbers say stuff runs downhill.

The mercury in the ocean evidently starts as mercury  on higher ground runs to the sea and cycles back upward through lifting moisture at sea level. 

So if I were at Cali I wouldn't eat the fish, I wouldn't eat the clams, I wouldn't eat the crab, I wouldn't eat the strawberries, nor the lettuce, nor smell the flowers  nor breath in the morning. I'd hold my breath and run to the  hills of the smokey's where the bear are healthy despite the PCB from years of disposal by Alcoa back in the days of WWII when it was absolutely necessary to produce aluminum for war planes. The dirt roads were sprayed with it to keep down the dust. Course if I did flee from Cali and got eaten by  bear the bear might suffer from mercury poisoning.

Why do you know that nowadays State licensed embalmers have to wear exposure badges and report exposure to formaldehydes to the State of Cali. ? Why poor me we never had that, and now I am 76 going strong for now and looking well preserved.

Speaking  of Cali-loons. I do remember the time we were sailing of Catalina listening in on radio transmissions from UCLA students and profs. They mostly wanted more bottles of champaign as they were recording evidence of Lesbian seagulls at the island. Seems they were finding some seagulls tried mating behavior without discriminating. The UCLA "researchers" were building their case that  same gender conduct is natural and is genetic. They wanted to do a longer term study on yet more grant money, well long as the champaign would hold out.

It is hard to take university studies seriously, hard to take Cali seriously. Best to leave it and don't ever turn back, don't even dare turn  a head back to look. Just flee! But please Cali-loons don't screw up Texas if  ya stop and settle there. It is great country because it  had so few few Cali-loons infestations  till recent times. Adapt their ways don't project Cali's, and all will be well.

And know God is kind, He made other places to be, lots and lots of them are absolutely wondrous lands.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

So if I were at Cali I wouldn't eat the fish, I wouldn't eat the clams, I wouldn't eat the crab, I wouldn't eat the strawberries, nor the lettuce, nor smell the flowers  nor breath in the morning.

Thanks for your input, Neighbor. I can always count on your disclaimers. Yes, it's a risk living here. Latest warning on food most recently found was our Romaine lettuce. Apparently, it was serious enough to give a statewide warning concerning it. Love it, but can't eat it right now. By the way, it's not the mercury in our seafood that makes me reluctant to consume it now, but the radiation levels of the Pacific in our coastal regions from Japan's meltdown in 2011. 

Hi Beau-ja, 

I think we ( at our ages ) are evidence that all the contaminations are but trifle things to deal with compared to what our ancestors went through and suffered. 

May the toxic salt of the briny hot Gulfcoast waters  hitting and stinging my face  as my Hobie cat flies in the near squalling wind be a most happy memory of life's adventures, all granted by God who has saved us away  to eternity with Him via the willing sacrifice made by Jesus for us.  So many  grand memories and perhaps a few yet to come- God willing I'm going rafting the smokeys come this next season. And if not why I'll just settle for an old man's ride on a pontoon boat on a lake ( If I am still around that is ).

I just cannot spend much time a worrying  when I know the worst day of my life in the flesh  will also be the best day of my life in the flesh.

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

May the toxic salt of the briny hot Gulfcoast waters  hitting and stinging my face  as my Hobie cat flies in the near squalling wind be a most happy memory of life's adventures, all granted by God who has saved us away  to eternity with Him via the willing sacrifice made by Jesus for us.

Ah! Still pretty greasy from the major oil leak in the Gulf, eh? Maybe we should invest in safer territory with real estate near Love Canal's closest available regions.

859159173_slaphappysmiley.gif.d14e695b0204338d335c6721d8f10812.gif

• Haha 1

BTW I do have family still living the Cali life that love it, running the beaches with the dogs,  skiing the mountains, and make those runs to Colorado, Nevada and Utah as though they were trips to the local grocery store.

Why even I was a Huntington Beach ( State side of the pier) surfing pretender, having fun in the "old days". trying to look good cruising for a road racing opportunity, and batching my tickets for  a court appearance. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Ah! Still pretty greasy from the major oil leak in the Gulf, eh? Maybe we should invest in safer territory with real estate near Love Canal's closest available regions.

859159173_slaphappysmiley.gif.d14e695b0204338d335c6721d8f10812.gif

No grease (here) never was, just a lot of hand outs to businesses that were shut down from operating by  our national and state government.  Most grease I ever encountered was whenever I walked Redondo Beach without Go a Heads ( flip flops ) on. Just so many natural tar balls in the water  on the sands and sidewalks I always got blackened feet. All pretty natural stuff. Didn't realize I was sucking in  bad mercury in the morning fog, why I guess my life might be shortened as result. And  really if so  so what what a grand time awaits afterward. Not to worry, over stuff of today,  it's all going to burn away.

I missed out on Love Canal, and Three Mile Island, but did get in another! Ha life's adventures. Never know what  tomorrow will reveal, so I try to enjoy this day. God seems to bless even during the harshest moments of my own allotted time.

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

No grease never was, just a lot of hand outs to businesses that were shut down from operating by  our national and state government.  

I see. Then what is it that makes the sea salt so toxic in the Gulf region as mentioned? 

11 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I see. Then what is it that makes the sea salt so toxic in the Gulf region as mentioned? 

Sea salt has lots of living critters in it, many poduce toxic waste. Gives it that wondrous salt air smell.

As the heated up summer's surface water evaporates the top couple inches get quite briny. Then when one flies along on a catamaran the salt stings like getting  hit with  buckshot or many bees at once. Great fun but wow hard on exposed skin.

The local economy and some personal friends were financially devastated by the  prohibitions placed by  federal government agencies on their businesses during the Gulf oil crisis spill. Most were put out of business altogether, with some limited financial  compensation coming years after. But there never was anything affecting our waters nor shores at any time. Well except for government.

• Thumbs Up 1