• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It won't matter one bit if Bush gets his choice or not; they're all trained in the same theory of law at the same communist-controlled law schools......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is a rather general and misinformed statement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? Why don't you illumine us as to the GREAT JOB our law schools are doing? Have you ever looked into the leadership of the leading law schools, and legal associations across the country? I have.

So 'put up.....'

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

It won't matter one bit if Bush gets his choice or not; they're all trained in the same theory of law at the same communist-controlled law schools......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is a rather general and misinformed statement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? Why don't you illumine us as to the GREAT JOB our law schools are doing? Have you ever looked into the leadership of the leading law schools, and legal associations across the country? I have.

So 'put up.....'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Her brother is a criminal lawyer with lawyer and judicial friends. You really don't want to get into it with her, she'd push you arond in this debate with ease (simply because of abundance of knowledge and living with someone that was educated at "liberal" law school).

As it is, I think your "study" has consisted of looking into bias sources. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about because in law school you can't learn a "liberal" or "conservative" theory of law. You simply learn how the law works, it only becomes "liberal" and "conservative" when put into practice, which is outside of law school. You also ignored the analysis that for every case brought by the ACLU there are lawyers fighting against the ACLU...now...where did they get their law degrees?

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

All you have to do is look into the leadership of the ABA, Columbia U's Law School, ACLU, and other schools and groups to get a pretty good idea of the basic direction law schools take in America. There are a few (very few) exceptions, but by and large, the 'best and best known' are all deeply infiltrated by communist ideology.

It must be lonely to be J. Sekulow!

All you have to do is look into the leadership of the ABA, Columbia U's Law School, ACLU, and other schools and groups to get a pretty good idea of the basic direction law schools take in America.  There are a few (very few) exceptions, but by and large, the 'best and best known' are all deeply infiltrated by communist ideology.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*sigh*

You're missing the point. You can't teach an ideology at a law school. A slight one might be possible, but it's nearly impossible to do so. How can a prosecutor be liberal or conservative? You are taking your view solely to the field of constitutional law, which is a small representation of the law field. You can't go to law school and learn about constitutional law. In law school you learn how to brief cases, court room procedures for different cases, what certain terms mean, ect. A constitutional lawyer doesn't learn his practice until he is out of law school. In essence, a person that goes into law school a conservative will most likely come out of law school a conservative, and a person that enters a liberal will most likely come out a liberal. It's showing them how to work the gun, not who to shoot at.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

I'm bettin' it's gonna be real ugly

Oh, stop that, John! :wub: I'm praying for a miracle! :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll pray with you. I'm all for miracles! :thumbsup:

I was just thinking back to some of the lower court judges that weren't allowed a confirmation vote.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know, I was just teasin' ya! :wub:

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Ain't that the truth! And what a hard working servant he is.

Just a PSA here - the ACLJ needs all the donations it can get.

ACLJ - working for Christians and their rights every day.

Guest aggie, daughter, self, mom

I consider myself a Christian.

I find it really difficult these days with our dear George as president to find a fine line between separation of church and state. He has almost sucessfully blurred that line.

Separation of church and state:

Have we forgotten that this is what this nation' s political policies are based on?

Have we forgotten that those policies are the very reason we can worship in the church of our choice?

Abortion is a personal, spiritual issue.

School prayer is a spiritual issue. Our schools are government ruled. School prayer in this government is not an issue.

Christ said "Render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's, and render unto God that which is his."

Christ's advocacy of separation of church and government.

There are some things in life the government has no place in to make decisons. There are some things in this life where only God helps make the decisions.

Government is not to encroach on those decisions of spirituality.

It is not for us to find a justice for the supreme court of this land who will make spiritual decisions.

That will not be his/her job.

The state of Texas, the government of this country rule my physical being with their laws and statutes.

God rules my heart with the decisions I make every minute of every day.

I celebrate this Independence Day the government that allows me to worship the God I have chosen. A government that does not make my spiritual decisions for me.

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor who was appointed by Reagan retires...

...she has re-affirmed abortion rights in several cases (stating the states place "no undue burden" on those rights), sided against Ten Commandments displays in Texas and Kentucky, supported limits on affirmative action, voted against "moments of silence" in schools, voted for a city-sponsored Nativity, served as the swing vote that ended vote counts in the Bush-Gore election, etc.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.), said she has "restored a measure of commonsense to our criminal justice system, a measure of respect for our nation's allocation of power between the states and the federal government, and a measure of freedom in the public square to people of faith."

President Bush said he wants a successor in place by October (the Supreme Court's next session)... I pray he chooses the Justice that God wants to serve. Bush has said Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas (two of the court's most conservative members) were model justices. He also said he favored "strict constructionists," and "people who will strictly interpret the Constitution and will not use the bench to write social policy." CNN said a poll this week found 65 percent of Americans want a new Supreme Court justice to uphold Roe v. Wade.

Please, let's keep this in prayer.  :emot-prettywink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Firstly, seperation of church and state was a line used by Thomas Jefferson in the Danbury baptist letter in 1802, around a decade after the Constitution was written. In it he was affirming the idea that the government couldn't support one religion over another. In essence, it cold hold a certain religions value's over another, it simply could not make an official religion or declare a relgion.

With tht in mind, the nation was founded upon Judeo-Christian principles. Go to Washington DC and you see the mention of God and the value of God. Likewise it is all over our documents (to the point certain schools have banned the reading of certain government documents, including the Constitution, because it mentions "God").

You state that abortion is a religious issue. It is far from being a religious issue. It is a moral issue. The debate is over when life begins. If it begins in the womb, then it is immoral to kill that which is in the womb. Are you likewise going ot suggest that laws against murder are religious, as the entire reason we forbid these laws is that man is in the image of God?

I suggest you read the Danbury Baptist letter nd Thomas Jefferson's response before trying to convince us that Seperation of Church and State is something this naiton was founded upon.