IGNORED

disillusioned with God and the idea of honoring God and the concept of integrity?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

What happens is that when we sin, trouble comes into our lives, and when we don't sin, we have peace. The Lord taught us that so we wouldn't have to suffer. He also created us - we can thank him for that, also.

@johnthebaptist Make that "We have peace in the midst of our suffering". Otherwise you have very few pages of the NT left wherein we are not being taught to suffer with patience.

Rom 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation works patience;
Heb 12:11  Now no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised (trained, disciplined) thereby.

2Co 12:9-10
(9)  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(10)  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Actually the thread title is a clue to the false teaching that the Christian life is one exempt of suffering, hardship, affliction, or any other tribulation...DISILLUSIONED anyone? Good! Perhaps then you will ditch your illusion and get your facts straight.  

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

11 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

@johnthebaptist Make that "We have peace in the midst of our suffering". Otherwise you have very few pages of the NT left wherein we are not being taught to suffer with patience.

Rom 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation works patience;
Heb 12:11  Now no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised (trained, disciplined) thereby.

2Co 12:9-10
(9)  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(10)  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Actually the thread title is a clue to the false teaching that the Christian life is one exempt of suffering, hardship, affliction, or any other tribulation...DISILLUSIONED anyone? Good! Perhaps then you will ditch your illusion and get your facts straight.  

The Lord shows us how to solve all our problems.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

10 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

True, if we let Him. Patience seems to feature prominently when solutions are the focus of our attention. I don't think you can "seek God's Kingdom first and His righteousness" if you are not prepared to do patience.

Jas 1:2-7
(2)  My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations;
(3)  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience.
(4)  But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
(5)  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, and upbraids not; and it shall be given him.
(6)  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
(7)  For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Our precious Saviour had this to say about our lives, and what to expect for our hope of glory. 

John 16:33 KJV 33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

And the disciple John was inspired to put this into his epistle. 

1 John 5:4 KJV 4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

48 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

True, if we let Him. Patience seems to feature prominently when solutions are the focus of our attention. I don't think you can "seek God's Kingdom first and His righteousness" if you are not prepared to do patience.

Jas 1:2-7
(2)  My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations;
(3)  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience.
(4)  But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
(5)  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, and upbraids not; and it shall be given him.
(6)  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
(7)  For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

I don't know that patience is my strong suit, but yes, patience. Constant prayer (1 Thess 5:17).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/17/2019 at 5:48 AM, Equippers said:

He is a LAIR, and He doesn't care about right and wrong in the mean time at all

Only enough to have His only son die for you after suffering all that you think you suffer today and much more.  He suffered the world's hurt. all that is horror on this earth he has already suffered it, for you. Including that that you personally contribute to the pile of horrors of this fallen creation. The Holy Spirit holds at bay even more from coming your way at this time. 

Jesus who is God died for you. He bore your shame on the cross at Calvary after suffering being beaten to a unrecognizable pulp, with skin flayed off  his body down to nerves and muscle. He died specially for you. 

He defeated that death arose from it and ascended to heaven to prepare a place for you to be with Him and his Father. God has sacrificed for you personally. Jesus has willingly done the will of His Father,paying th eprice of sin against God God the Son has suffered and died himself, doing so for you. Such love hardly comes from any other. Plus He has providd th only means by which you may enter into the Kingdom of Heaven by His own blood covering you to wash you white as snow to be seen as perfect unblemished in the sight of God the Father. Praise Him He alone is worthy of all your praise.

Excerpt from testimony given within the Book  Of John:

Betrayal and Arrest of Jesus

18 When Jesus had spoken these words, he went out with his disciples across the brook Kidron, where there was a garden, which he and his disciples entered.  Now Judas, who betrayed him, also knew the place, for Jesus often met there with his disciples.  So Judas, having procured a band of soldiers and some officers from the chief priests and the Pharisees, went there with lanterns and torches and weapons.  Then Jesus, knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and said to them, “Whom do you seek?”  They answered him, “Jesus of Nazareth.” Jesus said to them, “I am he.” Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them.  When Jesus said to them, “I am he,” they drew back and fell to the ground.  So he asked them again, “Whom do you seek?” And they said, “Jesus of Nazareth.”  Jesus answered, “I told you that I am he. So, if you seek me, let these men go.” 9This was to fulfill the word that he had spoken: “Of those whom you gave me I have lost not one.”  Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant and cut off his right ear. (The servant's name was Malchus.)  So Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into its sheath; shall I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?”

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

On 12/17/2019 at 4:48 AM, Equippers said:

i have had quite a ride in the past few years. i have encountered countless people who has no integrity, who are petty and vindictive. and i have came across people with integrity (who are few and far between) which is always a very pleasant surprise.

you know what i realized, that God talks a lot of BS.

those who have no integrity never get any consequences coming their way, short term or long term. people with integrity don't get rewarded either.

God does things according to His  own timing. I’ve had similar experiences the past couple of years with people in the church and it is difficult. I took matters into my own hands and even ended up under investigation (I was never charged with anything) and in the papers with people leaving hundreds of cruel comments about me. In the end, the Christian leaders lost their jobs. We have the power to hold people accountable. But I wouldn’t blame God for the actions of others nor would I call Him names that have been reserved for the devil-such as liar. I only bring this up because you will regret that one  day and Satan will try and use it to  convince you that you are not God’s child. I would confess the name calling, and then  look for a way to hold people who are doing bad things accountable.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Maybe you struggle with the question "If there is a God, then why so much evil in the world?".

If you do, then maybe think that all the bad stuff that happens is anything against God i.e. the darkness where as instead God is light.

The opposite of light is dark. If we had no light, we would be in darkness and the bible says the end has not come yet.

Sometimes logic like this helps but I always think that the best thing to do is ask God in prayer.

So if you are angry then stop for a short time and politely and sincerely ask God who He is.

You may find that you are overwhelmed by love, forgiveness and find something sacred that tastes sweeter than anything in this world.

Would it be wise to try friend?

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 12/17/2019 at 10:48 AM, Equippers said:

you know what i realized, that God talks a lot of BS.

those who have no integrity never get any consequences coming their way, short term or long term. people with integrity don't get rewarded either.

yes i know we will all have to give an account on judgement day, but that is simply not good enough!

God has to be fair, he doesnt deal with people the same way that man deals with people. He loves everyone and wants everyone to get to heaven. Malachi speaks of your issues, i think you should give it a read and study the whole book, its very short. Choices are people to make and there are consequences for those things that we do.