Ruth Also

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

You ask for our story, & I will try & not bore you, & forgive any repeating from other posts of mine.

Looking back on the road of faith God has had me travel on, purely related to xmas. In the UK, fairly normal childhood, family non-churchgoers, pillow slips at the foot of me & my sisters beds, in the morning full of presents. Fast forward to teenage me, at the tree giving presents out. In my twenties, I befriended lead singer of a band in the local pub, we got together for a jam, guitar, bongos & harmonica, making words up as we went. Half our weekly get together- jam, & half study of bible, from a JW's standpoint, which led me going to their kingdom hall, & finding out about xmas, easter & birthdays etc, are pagan, which is the only thing they are correct on. 

A foray onto Anglican & Baptist, before Pentecostal, with all that emotionalism. But, of course they all celebrated xmas. Having searched xmas being pagan back around 2003, & came upon Jim Brown, at Grace & Truth, teaching from a white board, & defining words from Hebrew & Greek, & each talk was around 1hr 40mins, I was fascinated by his passion about xmas being pagan, & predestination. Since then I have continued my own studies, & discerning truth from lies, from various sources.

My mum, still going at 93yo, along with my sister, celebrate between them, I see them before & after, & we tolerate each others differences, as I am the only Christian in our family, other members go to established churches, but I have already been down that avenue. 

In conclusion Christ Does not want anything to do with this celebration, as He wants His elect family to die to self daily, not revel in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

I don't celebrate Christmas because 1.) I live in the corner of a kitchen (literally) 2.) I don't have family or friends and 3.) I don't have money. I don't observe any holidays of any sort.

Morning Dusty Roads, A good and joyous Christmas eve day to you. 

Let's celebrate together right now and end that streak of no holiday celebrations. You may give to me the joy of your cyber company as you pray  for my well being in Christ Jesus. I pray for you for your physical  and spiritual well being in the name of Christ Jesus. God the Holy Spirit hears us both and intercedes in our behalf. A fine celebration, cause for a daily holiday .  

You do have friends, cyber friends. Cyber friends are quite real friends, as real as  pen  pals of old when individuals shared letters even across continents. As real as the letters delivered to the churches from Paul. Why I even married a cyber friend, that's how real cyber friends are. We are all real individuals.

Some are in real caged prisons, some are in jungles, some are at rest homes, some are at mansions, some are at libraries, or local Dairy Queens using free wifi in order to communicate online. We all are brothers and sisters saved by the work of the Holy Spirit's making us aware of our Lord and Savior Jesus so that we will be found mature in Him before the Father. 

Each made aware of Jesus that  turns about to Him  as His servant to be  soldier in the army  of Jesus is greatly blessed regardless of present harsh circumstances. Just as Paul was blessed to have to go  be shackled to a Roman centurion while awaiting trial for his life. In that time he penned many of the letters that guide you and me today. How awesome a gift we recieve and get to share.

Merry Christmas!

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Just imagine what His half brothers and sisters must of thought about at the "next" Jewish Passover a year later, ...we actually celebrated the Passover all those years with THE "Lamb of God," ...that had to be mind blowing!

Merry Christmas and Lord Bless...

Hi, Yes! Thanks for sharing that thought.

They were likely as surprised as even the Apostles were when they attended the 40 day Bible school taught  by God the Son, and then He ascended. 

Apostles and disciples soon even died for that mind blowing truth. As do many individually by the hundreds and even  thousands today. Yes it is mind blowing, awesome beyond understanding except by the doing of God the Holy Spirit that indwells within each of us.

I am awakened in awe each and every day. God loves me, died for me, paid the totality of the cost of my sin, and prepares a place for me even now. Our God is an awesome God. He is good so good!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

I don't have a story really.

Just did some reading, took a hard look at my real thoughts about the holiday, came to the conclusion it wasn't about the birth of Jesus and quit giving it a place of any importance

Now it's just a paid day off work. Best gift the world has to offer, imo.

At some point I let my kids know Santa isn't a real person. I don't remember how old they were, 8 and 10 I think, that was 25 years ago.

But to each his own out of purity and sincerity of heart. Honor God and the Lord Jesus in all things. That can only go well for us no matter the day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/23/2019 at 8:41 PM, DustyRoad said:

2.) I don't have family or friends

Merry Christmas dear brother, ...you are part of a "very" large family, ...all who are the "true" born again children of God, ...you have many brothers and sisters here at Worthy than are closer to you than you father, mother and any siblings you might have, ...we all have the same Father, the Holy Spirit, with different Mothers, the Word of God 1 Pet 1:23, ...speaking for myself, ...I find it a pleasure and an honor to call you my brother and friend, ...and I'm looking forward to meeting you soon and hanging together through all Eternity.

As your brother, ...having been in the same situation as you, with a time in my life where I didn't have a place to lay my head, ...this Christmas Day, may I suggest you take of those glasses that regard everything in the negative, and put on those that see everything as positive, beneficial, as needed for spiritual growth, ...as we are being transformed into the image of our Lord, ...may I give you this Christmas "gift" that our Father gave me many years ago, ...one of my favorite verses in the Bible, "It came to pass!"  

We see, learn and need to "receive" the spiritual principle of this verse, ...before any situation or circumstance that is "permitted" to come into our lives, ...it has already been determined from the Throne of God, ........that it "will" pass!!!

Merry Christmas brother, ...be encouraged and may our Lord continue to richly bless you...

Your brother in Christ,

Gene

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

12 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Merry Christmas dear brother, ...you are part of a "very" large family, ...all who are the "true" born again children of God, ...you have many brothers and sisters here at Worthy than are closer to you than you father, mother and any siblings you might have, ...we all have the same Father, the Holy Spirit, with different Mothers, the Word of God 1 Pet 1:23, ...speaking for myself, ...I find it a pleasure and an honor to call you my brother and friend, ...and I'm looking forward to meeting you soon and hanging together through all Eternity.

As your brother, ...having been in the same situation as you, with a time in my life where I didn't have a place to lay my head, ...this Christmas Day, may I suggest you take of those glasses that regard everything in the negative, and put on those that see everything as positive, beneficial, as needed for spiritual growth, ...as we are being transformed into the image of our Lord, ...may I give you this Christmas "gift" that our Father gave me many years ago, ...one of my favorite verses in the Bible, "It came to pass!"  

We see, learn and need to "receive" the spiritual principle of this verse, ...before any situation or circumstance that is "permitted" to come into our lives, ...it has already been determined from the Throne of God, ........that it "will" pass!!!

Merry Christmas brother, ...be encouraged and may our Lord continue to richly bless you...

Your brother in Christ,

Gene

I have to meditate on these words frequently:

Php 4:6  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

Php 4:7  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I celebrate Christmas because God gave us a Gift that He so loved, and because of His love for us;  and I also enjoy giving good gifts to those I love.    It doesn't matter if they love us.  The important thing is that I love them so I give.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Willa said:

The important thing is that I love them so I give.  

Dear sister, that is "it," ...you got it!

The Word tells us, ...God is Spirit, ...and God is Love.

Those are the only two words we have that gives us a "definition" of God.

What makes us, what qualifies us to "be" His children is the Holy Spirit living inside of us, when we are born again as new creations in Christ, and since the Holy Spirit "is" Divine Love that has taken up residence in us, ...He is our "source" of Divine Love, ...this can be considered in our lives like the difference between a well and a fountain, ...a well needs a mechanical way of bringing the water to the surface, ...a fountain sends it's water to the surface from a tiny bubbling to gushing forth.

That explains for us being "filled" with the Spirit, ...how much of the Spirit we have actually "working" in us correlates to how much "Love" we have either bubbling or gushing forth from us...

For God "so" loved the world...

Lord Bless