• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

11 minutes ago, other one said:

wasn't my question but no they would not be the same.  Maybe a sub group if one wanted to be technical...  wolves would be a special group of goats but still need to be separated.....    but could also be misinformed sheep that hurt other sheep unintentionally.

Understanding this is a generic talk not speaking of any of us in particular.

But it WAS your question. You wanted to know which of the three I was. God is my judge - only he can answer your question - but I try to obey Jesus.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

3 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Wolves devour sheep and goats alike. Some have even mastered the art of blending in with the sheep on the pasture! I'd say sheep have much more to fear from wolves than the unruly goats who occasionally wander into their midst, wouldn't you? We never hear "they were a goat in sheep's clothing," right? Nope, it's always the wolf wearing a disguise. :) 

I might disagree with the premise that there are three groups of people - sheep, wolves, and goats. I might leave out the goats. 

27 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I used to be a goat until the Lord changed things but I can't say I was a wolf. I never disturbed or "messed around" with Christians when I was lost... why would I do something like that? I never argued with them nor did I attempt to poke fun at their faith. I avoided my future brothers and sisters just as ardently as I did everyone else; people overwhelm me equally. :) 

Interestingly enough, some Christians appear to treat their brothers and sisters callously whereas they tend to be more accepting and even patient with the lost! Something about that is terribly wrong, isn't it? Shouldn't we treat our neighbor the same way regardless of who they are? I look around and I see severity, harshness, bickering, and highly successful attempts a classifying others into boxes for others to kick on down the road...  :sad030:

Some of these are even led astray by those who call themselves Christians. Goats don't lead sheep astray, johnthebaptist, wolves do. That's why I'm thinking of 3 groups. 

Your statement, "Some of these are even led astray by those who call themselves Christians," certainly strikes a chord. I see a lot of that and it is very painful. Maybe you've heard what is happening in my church, the United Methodist Church.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

This was a direct quote of Jesus Christ.

Here’s another quote from Jesus..... “Anybody that ask’s to be saved WILL BE SAVED”

Nobody is Saved because they “love Jesus”......We are Saved because “ He loved us while we were yet sinners”

We can love our Savior , but NEVER to the level we should......not in this lifetime...

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, DustyRoad said:

The "LGBTQ" fiasco? If that's what you're referring to my friend then yes, I've heard of it. I do believe my elder brother in Christ referred to this phenomenon as "nominalism" but it does seem perfectly suited to that third group --- the wolves --- who seek to lead many sheep astray. In this case I think the identity of the wolves as false teachers is hammered down. 

You'll forgive my familiarity with livestock since shepherding is part of what I do out here in the (proverbial) middle of nowhere. Sheep and goats are the perfect subjects for the Lord's parable since the following, in my experience anyway, is true:

Sheep aren't "perfect" but they're much easier to deal with than goats! Goats are an unruly, capricious lot who enjoy working at cross-purposes with the shepherd. It can be more than a little comical at times... :blink:  

Amen! I have been butted more than once by these contrary guys.....turns out they do not like it when you climb on their backs and try to take a ride....lol....

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

I suggest there are three kinds of people: sheep, goats, and wolves. Which one are you, @johnthebaptist?

I'm a mouse. ?

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Here’s another quote from Jesus..... “Anybody that ask’s to be saved WILL BE SAVED”

Nobody is Saved because they “love Jesus”......We are Saved because “ He loved us while we were yet sinners”

We can love our Savior , but NEVER to the level we should......not in this lifetime...

It's one thing to be saved. It's something else to go to heaven.

• Oy Vey! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 2

I am the Walrus......Koo Koo Kachoo.....

• Haha 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/12/1986

6 hours ago, other one said:

who was he speaking to and when...  and am I expected to sell everything I have and give to the poor?     An I expected to hold to the 4th commandment about not doing any work on the Sabbath when Jesus didn't do that himself???

Read the last half of Matthew chapter 25 and look at the reasons he said he was sending people to hell over and tell me which of the ten commandments that those people broke

Thanks for your posts,I don't want to get involved to much (im just passing through resading)its just something i wanted to share in this thread ,just one thing Jesus didn't work on the Sabbath he kept it holy,but he was falsely accused for working by the pharisees he did not obey the  traditions and rules  of the elders and Pharisees but he never broke the Sabbath by doing what was considered work on the Sabbath in Gods law. Today the Orthodox Jews have many traditions they consider work like turning on or off a light switch they consider work .it has to do with not lighting a fire on the sabbath many Orthodox Jews remove the lightbulbs from The refrigerator on the sabbath or find a goy shabbat to turn on lights turn off stoves ,light cigarettes etc. so they don't have to break the Sabbath .in Israel their is I think 'eruv' Like a wire boundary that marks public and private domain of the household and with in it certain things can be done on the Sabbath .also on the sabbath they are not to carry more than the weight of an egg or something to this effect if passing in to Jerusalem carrying something they might find a gentile to carry it into the city for them .all of the pharisees rules were adding to Gods word and were not Gods word.Jesus never broke the Sabbath he was accused of brewing it because he didn't obey the rules of the Pharisees. I only know this because I am married to an Orthodox Jew  hasidic every aspect of their lives is controlled by rules believe it or not their was talk about if picking your nose on the sabbath was work it was classified as 'sorting '?by some rabbis Hope you have a blessed Christmas my brother.

6 hours ago, other one said:

that is an interesting question....

Edited by Christdiedforoursins
Add text
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/12/1986

6 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Of the three choices you provide, I would attempt to be a sheep. Aren't goats and wolves the same group?

I don't think the goats would last very long with the wolves?

• Thumbs Up 1