IGNORED

May I Confess My Sin Here So That I May Be Healed?

ReneeIW

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Both my sister and I had problems with profanity at one time. Admittedly, neither of us are perfect. I've gained some good success over it, but can be angered to the point of losing it sometimes. You'd be shocked at some of the cussing that goes on around this facility I'm in. There's a lot of young punks from off the streets here with about six months of college education for their licensing,  and they're severely lacking in socially acceptable behavior. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,604
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I praise God for getting you ( ReneeIW ) beyond the very hard times when what should be brothers and sisters created much havoc  instead.

God is awesome.

• Loved it! 1

I have every sympathy with you. Stress causes us to act differently. It is a real challenge. All very well being Godly and holy and nice whrn life is ticking along steadily. 

I advise taking it all in prayer to God. He can do what we cannot. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Dear sister, I I know what you are going through, ...before Christ I cussed "worse" than a sailor, ...then came that wonderful day when I was born again, ...the next day I went to work and I talked nonstop to my crew about Jesus, ...it was about two weeks later that one of my men said to me, "Boss, you haven't said one cuss word since you started talking about Jesus," ...it was like I was smacked in the face, ...it was true, I hadn't cussed, ...Jesus had taken it from me! A side note, that worker went to church with me the next Sunday and "received" Jesus Christ as his personal savior.

Please allow me to explain something I believe is relevant to your situation, ...a few years ago I started to forget things in my short term memory, I would go from one side of my shop to fetch a tool and by the time I was where I kept it I had forgotten what I had come there for, ...I thought it was probably because of my age. However, I noticed others, even younger and much more younger than me suffering from the same thing, ...so it wasn't because of my age! I took it before the Lord and this is the verse He gave me:

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 2 Thes 2:9

Paul is talking about the antichrist in this verse, ...but the stage is set and ready for his appearing, all over the world, which is a subject too large to go into here, ...what the Holy Spirit was telling me in this verse is there are powerful spiritual forces being turned up, in this last minute of the world as we know it, and the "memory" loss is a part of what goes along with the deception we observe all around us. 

I prayed and asked the Holy Spirit specifically to not allow this to happen in my life and He is faithful. 

Now, how does this relate to your situation, a few months ago a cuss word went out of my mouth, not a "bad" one, just the H word, ...I was really shocked after all of these years, ...then a few days later it happen again with the word being more severe, it has happened about five times and the last time was the F word, ...that really shook me, ...I confessed immediately after every time, ...but your thread has opened my eyes, ...I believe the Holy Spirit is showing me the spiritual powers of darkness have been stepped up another notch! 

May I suggest we pray for the Holy Spirit "to" overcome this in our lives...

Father, I come before your throne of Grace and and I bring my sister with me, to receive Mercy and Grace in our time of need, ...I ask Father, in complete surrender and obedience to Your Word, ...let no corrupt or filthy speech come out of our mouths, ...we allow the Holy Spirit have control over our tongues and thoughts and ask that He would block the "trigger"" thoughts that the enemy places in our minds, we ask Father that when these "thoughts" enter our minds the Holy Spirit would give us, ...words that are clean, good and edifying to the hearers, ...so that our speech will minister Grace to the them.

Father, I also ask you would overcome any words her precious children have heard and give my sister the wisdom as how to talk to her children so that what satan has meant for evil, ...You would turn it around for the good, Father, we are asking in the Name of Jesus. Amen

May our Lord richly bless you sister,

Gene 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/12/1968

Renee I have this problem still myself but I try hard not to. I guess it's because I hear it daily. I don't really mean to but as time goes on I realized hey I am a sinner but your post is the reason I am gonna try to stop I know the abbreviations and my sister Laurie realizes I am trying to stop but was last time I said it cause I try so hard to let Jesus take it from me I forgot one thing. Leave it at the cross let Jesus take it from you and don't try to pull it away as that is what Satan wants you to do. See this is the problem I have I pray that this is gonna help both of us. Praying is the ultimate goal here. Thanks to you I see God is trying to wake me up and that is a good thing. My son is a non-believer so he says and cusses everyday. Only God can help us get past this so my suggestion is prayer. Thanks for reminding me of this as I know for a fact I am not perfect and need to keep my heart as clean as possible, that is thru re commitment and prayers.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I will say this about having to listen a daily continual profane environment. It's vexing to me. The LVN in charge of medicinals today was so haphazardly saying "F" this and "F" that this morning, I could hardly take it. She wasn't angry at all, just slightly irritated at little insignificant things. I almost told her to stop that nonsense and start acting more professional. Her position as a nurse shouldn't be of this kind of demeanor. I held my tongue instead and let it go. That's self control, and it took substantial effort in the doing. 

• Praying! 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I will say this about having to listen a daily continual profane environment. It's vexing to me. The LVN in charge of medicinals today was so haphazardly saying "F" this and "F" that this morning, I could hardly take it. She wasn't angry at all, just slightly irritated at little insignificant things. I almost told her to stop that nonsense and start acting more professional. Her position as a nurse shouldn't be of this kind of demeanor. I held my tongue instead and let it go. That's self control, and it took substantial effort in the doing. 

That is very unprofessional and extremely tacky. 

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

Sometimes I am completely shocked by what comes out of my mouth ....there is no real upside, but it sure keeps me humble......

21 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Might share that  "excessive profanity is the mark of an ignorant individual".

Plus share that besides that much of it is a physical impossibility.

I have shared previously of my own ignorance in that regard. After being ever so careful around a grandchild who at a young age had picked up on  much profanity from other kids mostly and was receiving corrective discipline and education, I failed and used the golden expletive as an adverb to modify the word idiot, while reacting to  a maneuver of another car driver.

I told my grandchild, now you didn't hear me say that. I was wrong to have said it, don't you make the same mistake.  The response?  But it's true though, they are an ( * ) idiot.

Oh boy, ya just can't unring a bell.