• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,631
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.  The Lord said to Satan, “From where have you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it.”  And the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?” Then Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for no reason? Have you not put a hedge around him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.  But stretch out your hand and touch all that he has, and he will curse you to your face.”  And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

Now there was a day when his sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house, and there came a messenger to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys feeding beside them,  and the Sabeans fell upon them and took them and struck down the servants with the edge of the sword, and I alone have escaped to tell you.”  While he was yet speaking, there came another and said, “The fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants and consumed them, and I alone have escaped to tell you.”  While he was yet speaking, there came another and said, “The Chaldeans formed three groups and made a raid on the camels and took them and struck down the servants with the edge of the sword, and I alone have escaped to tell you.”  While he was yet speaking, there came another and said, “Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house,  and behold, a great wind came across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young people, and they are dead, and I alone have escaped to tell you.”

Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped.  And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”

In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong."

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

25 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.  The Lord said to Satan, “From where have you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it.”  And the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?” Then Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for no reason? Have you not put a hedge around him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.  But stretch out your hand and touch all that he has, and he will curse you to your face.”  And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

Now there was a day when his sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house, and there came a messenger to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys feeding beside them,  and the Sabeans fell upon them and took them and struck down the servants with the edge of the sword, and I alone have escaped to tell you.”  While he was yet speaking, there came another and said, “The fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants and consumed them, and I alone have escaped to tell you.”  While he was yet speaking, there came another and said, “The Chaldeans formed three groups and made a raid on the camels and took them and struck down the servants with the edge of the sword, and I alone have escaped to tell you.”  While he was yet speaking, there came another and said, “Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house,  and behold, a great wind came across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young people, and they are dead, and I alone have escaped to tell you.”

Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped.  And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”

In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong."

This is very true too .    Many times folks will automatically assume because one is going through affliction , a trial or suffering that it means they must have done a evil.

But I think they have forgotten that all who live godly in Christ will suffer tribulations .   and that many are the afflictions of the righteous .

Even in the new testament we are shown a great beauty that backs this up .  One man had got so sick he nearly died .   I mean he nearly died .

But why had he gotten so sick .  FOR THE WORK OF CHRIST HE was NIGH UNTO DEATH .

You RIGHT neighbor , while some of our suffering can be related to the evil we did , ITS NOT always the case at all .

The word must always be rightly divided .     You right on this point .   But why does GOD allow trials and sufferings , ,    TO REFINE US as well.

For even later on in JOB ,  job came to point where a fault was found in HIM .   THEN when the fault was made known ,  JOB repented

and WAS STRONGER IN FAITH than he had ever been .  GOD perfects our faith through trials and sufferings .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

God humbles us through the very trials and sufferings HE allows to come upon us .

As it is written ,   I humbled thee , that ye may KNOW that man is to live not by bread alone  ,BUT BY EVERY WORD of GOD .

And the beauty is ,  GOD will never put a trial etc upon us , THAT HE WILL NOT GIVE us the power to overcome .   GOD will console us through all things .

Let all who name the name of Jesus Christ depart from inquity and let all who name HIS NAME learn to trust HIM through all things .

And let all who name the name of JESUS CHRIST ,   RETURN to an all out FEASTING ON THE PURE HOLY SCRIPS that make one wise unto salvation through our faith IN CHRIST .

BIBLES OPEN and with great love POUR IN THAT BOOK .

• Praise God! 1

Hands up and rejoice in the Lord and in the Lord may all rejoice 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/7/2020 at 5:28 AM, johnthebaptist said:

My experience is that when I obey the Lord’s commandments, I have peace of mind, and when I don’t obey the Lord’s commandments, I have trouble. I have concluded that obedience brings peace of mind. As a matter of fact, I suspect that is their purpose. 

That's because obedience increases the gift of grace that comes with faith, and grace enhances the gifts of the Spirit, one of which is peace.  The opposite of obedience - sin - decreases grace, and hence decreases peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 1/7/2020 at 4:10 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Love is the Engine that drives Obedience.  “Resting in the Gospel Of Grace” is what produces that Love. Nothing else.

Yeah. I put in the video section a 13 minute video that Andrew Farley made about Law and Grace in answer to a guy who called in defending Law, and they kicked it out. There was zero wrong with it except someone simply didn't want to listen to it. Very upsetting because I do not have a shadow of a clue why. Glad you'll be back soon.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Coliseum said:

Yeah. I put in the video section a 13 minute video that Andrew Farley made about Law and Grace in answer to a guy who called in defending Law, and they kicked it out. There was zero wrong with it except someone simply didn't want to listen to it. Very upsetting because I do not have a shadow of a clue why. Glad you'll be back soon.

Thanks for the encouragement......let’s hope there is a good explanation for the trouble you experienced with the video.....Farley is an excellent Bible Teacher.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

9 hours ago, Coliseum said:

You mean this one:

It looks like it is there to me? No one kicked it out, or am I missing something?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

10 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

You mean this one:

It looks like it is there to me? No one kicked it out, or am I missing something?

My bad. Didn't see it. Thx for finding it. :)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 minute ago, Coliseum said:

My bad. Didn't see it. Thx for finding it. :)

Probably Coliseum, it was a matter of the fact that we are short handed enough, that it just takes time to get the time to watch and approve videos. It was your comment, that someone kicked it out, without watching it, and without giving you a reason, that caught my attention, made me want to look, because that does not sound like us, to me, lol! I found it a little accusatory. I am probably getting sensitive to accusations, been hearing them a lot lately. It is when we get accusations of being to lenient, and too strict in the same day on the same topics, that are frustrating. I do not mind criticism, in fact I welcome that when it is deserved, and sometimes it is. Criticism that comes from people just because we disagree, is unfortunate.

However, with out issue here, there is not real issue, so all is good!