IGNORED

Marriage and government

Guest K9Buck

8 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

It used to be illegal. It is certainly immoral, according to the Lord

Under which Christian belief system should the U.S government operate?  

10 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

It used to be illegal. It is certainly immoral, according to the Lord

By the way, while I don't share your view, I do appreciate the polite and friendly way in which you convey it.  May God bless you.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Just now, K9Buck said:

Under which Christian belief system should the U.S government operate?  

Not really a correct question. You seem to be saying that we should change our laws to allow folks to live out immoral lives. I prefer not changing the laws to promote immorality. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

K9Buck, may I be so bold as to question your belief system, why, as a christian (supposedly), that you would even post this topic! It is not Sonshine's belief system, it's God's LAW, and commandment. "Let God be true, and every man a liar." If you really do condone, "live and let live" may I suggest you have a really deep and meaningful talk with your Pastor or elder, who can help you more in your walk with the Lord, and explain the Way more adequately, God bless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Not really a correct question. You seem to be saying that we should change our laws to allow folks to live out immoral lives. I prefer not changing the laws to promote immorality. 

I'm saying that people should be free to follow their own belief system, provided they're not infringing on another.  If 150 million American suddenly converted to Islam, you'd be with me in wanting to keep religious doctrine out of government and our nation's laws.  

4 minutes ago, Heybro said:

K9Buck, may I be so bold as to question your belief system, why, as a christian (supposedly), that you would even post this topic! It is not Sonshine's belief system, it's God's LAW, and commandment. "Let God be true, and every man a liar." If you really do condone, "live and let live" may I suggest you have a really deep and meaningful talk with your Pastor or elder, who can help you more in your walk with the Lord, and explain the Way more adequately, God bless. 

Thank you.  

Heybro, if you can show me in the bible where Jesus advocated for changing laws and using government to force others to adhere to his teachings, I'll change my position.  Fair enough?  

Remember that Jesus admonished about "casting pearls to swine" and "let the dead bury their dead"?  Jesus was apparently content to permit non-believers to reject him, his teachings and to go on with their lives.  Jesus never advocated for using government to force them to live a life consistent with his teachings.  

I certainly AGREE with following Jesus' teachings, but that doesn't mean that I should have the power to force others to also follow his teachings, at least with regard to things that don't affect me.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, K9Buck said:

It's my view that the government should NOT be in the marriage business.  In my view, people should get "married" within their own, private organization and then they can tell whoever they like that they're "married".  I'm NOT saying that government shouldn't recognize marriage; I'm simply saying that government should NOT be in the business of issuing marriage licenses and actually marrying people.  

I know this will never happen because a majority of people apparently want government running everything under the sun, but it would resolve a lot of issues.  

If two guys want to get married within their private organization and then announce that they're "married", that's ok with me.  If six women and three guys want to get married within their organization, that's ok with me too.  Live and let live.  Who am I to dictate to them as to whether or not they can be married?  It doesn't affect me in the least.  

What are your thoughts?

That is not what the Holy Bible says. 

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That is not what the Holy Bible says. 

No?  What did Jesus say about using government to force non-believers to adhere to his teachings?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

No?  What did Jesus say about using government to force non-believers to adhere to his teachings?  

This is what you said

"If two guys want to get married within their private organization and then announce that they're "married", that's ok with me.  If six women and three guys want to get married within their organization, that's ok with me too.  Live and let live.  Who am I to dictate to them as to whether or not they can be married?  It doesn't affect me in the least."  

That is not the thoughts of a Christian.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 minute ago, K9Buck said:

The bible says to abide by the laws of the land unless it conflicts with the Lord. Currently laws are being forced on us to conflict with the Lord. So it is not wrong for us to want to have laws that honor the Lord like no gay marriage, something that was not permitted in this country until recently.