dhchristian

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

Today's numbers are probably "fixed" now.  I seldom see updates this late any more

There are currently 11,951 confirmed cases worldwide, including 259 fatalities.

Johns Hopkins is reporting 252 recovered

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,135
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, Jostler said:

Today's numbers are probably "fixed" now.  I seldom see updates this late any more

Johns Hopkins is reporting 252 recovered

treat it like a snake...   watch it and stay away from it and wait to see what it does.   Too often if one panics one getsbit either by the snake or hurts oneself getting away...

Just now, other one said:

treat it like a snake...   watch it and stay away from it and wait to see what it does.   Too often if one panics one getsbit either by the snake or hurts oneself getting away...

I'm a little curious.  Where is all this talk of fear and panic coming from?   I have yet to see any. 

“Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.

How do we obey that exhortation if we don't watch for the things He told us to watch for?   If this is scaring people, I guess I better not talk about all the rest of the stuff I'm watching :)

Kindof unusual to get new numbers after about noon Beijing time...today was an exception.  Not a big jump....but enough to bring the total a bit more in line with the trend

There are currently 12,027 confirmed cases worldwide, including 259 fatalities.

Chinese markets will reopen Monday.   This pandemic is a multi-dimensional development with significant potentials in several realms.  I'm actually surprised there isn't more interest in exploring those, and all the other converging events that point toward some of the most significant events in the Bible.  Many of which will be unique in human history. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

Just updated a few minutes ago.

TOTAL 13,817 304

1,795 serious
292 recovered
17,988 suspected

still more deaths than recoveries, though reaching close to 50/50 split. those numbers are mainland china only. If 50% of those in serious condition die that is close to a 10% death rate which is what the Spanish Flu was. Cases around the world still minimal in number but still to early to tell how far it has spread.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/01/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

12 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Just updated a few minutes ago.

TOTAL 13,817 304

1,795 serious
292 recovered
17,988 suspected

6 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

still more deaths than recoveries, though reaching close to 50/50 split. those numbers are mainland china only. If 50% of those in serious condition die that is close to a 10% death rate which is what the Spanish Flu was. Cases around the world still minimal in number but still to early to tell how far it has spread.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/01/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/  

The way mortality rates are calculated is by ...

# of fatalities divided by # of cases then multiple that total by 100. 

So 304 (I assume that is deaths in your post) divided by 13,817 (I assume that is the number of cases reported) and then multiplied by 100 equals 2.2%.

Recoveries are rarely officially reported. Only cases and fatalities are reported. The assumption is that if they dont die, they recover. This does not have a 50% mortality rate. Not even close.

Sars and mers were also coronaviruses and they had a higher fatality rate of 10% each.

Just now, ayin jade said:

Sars and mers were also coronaviruses and they had a higher fatality rate of 10% each.

True, but this one is spreading faster. Sars and Mers reached a peak this one has yet to do so as it is climbing exponentially.480919119_PMC343293_1476-072X-3-2-21.png.3deb824e8349af1c9b8f164b749a5e1b.png

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-map-chart-rise-spread-141807668.html image.png.b707060bb79edd35e2304062a5a2d560.png

Just now, Godismyloveforever said:

?:runforhills:?

:group-hug::31::emot-puke-old::deadthread:

• Haha 1

I've about had a snootfull of it too.  I may start new thread on this tomorrow.  Maybe the ones so concerned with panic and fake news can start threads of their own.  Or hammer away at it here.  This isn't a politcally correct disease either.  I don't want to see anyone discriminated against for any reason but trotting out tear jerkers about high school kids being mean to each other  has nothing to do with epidemiology.  And frankly it wasn't meant too....it's off topic.

I'd like to provide some information for those who WANT to be watching....as I believe I have been instructed to.  I have time to dig and research many do not....i'd think a few might enjoy and maybe even benefit from the information someone like me has time to dig up.

i had a number of posts in mind that could help people understand why what CNN is reporting is DESIGNED to misinform....it's not difficult to see once you get a few terms and concepts under your belt and that's not hard to share...as you know.

Then we might even get a chance to delve into WHY CNN is so consistently, intentionally, MISINFORMING.....why the WHO is making decisions as if they are the WTO instead....and turning press conferences into non-stop lies and praises for the great transparency of the Chinese Communist Party when they KNOW better....

lots of things could be discussed and backed up with evidence ....

Edited by Jostler