IGNORED

To Those Who Blasphemed Against the HS..

ItsJustDeep

Have You Ever Blasphemed Against The Holy Spirit?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Be honest.

• Once Upon A Time
    • Never.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, Ineedhugs said:

. If you live a good christian life for decades then maybe he will forgive you?

Nobody has their sins forgiven by living “ a good Christian life”. “ Only God is good”.......We are Nothing but wretched sinners even on our best days......The only thing that Saves Anybody is God's Mercy and Grace.One does not “ cash in” on those things until they “ Turn to God” ( Repent) as a lost, hopeless sinner that MUST have a Savior. The Savior is Jesus Christ.....Trust in His Finished Work At The Cross to pay the price for your sins and you will be “ good to go.” Nothing But The Blood for the Forgiveness Of Sins and your Salvation. All other ways are lies—- especially thinking one will make it because they are “ good enough” by living the “ Christian Life.” Don’t fall for the #1 Lie Of Satan......

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/1/2020 at 9:56 PM, Deeplytroubled said:

I'm sure there must have been 1 or 2 people to do this in their lifetime..either as sinners who were later born again, athiest apologetics mocking with friends, muslims,etc.

Maybe you remember and don't want to admit it, or maybe you never committed such an act. The unforgiveable one. But

Matthew 12:31‭-‬32 says

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. 

So what do you tell the person who later reads the scripture but has either already accepted Christ or not?

Should they just give up? Living in a "Do What Thou Wilt" attitude knowing they're condemned beyond saving?

Does God speak to those who want to know if they are comdemned or want forgiveness? Or are they shunned forever from the moment of blasphemy?

Why do you think blasphemy against the Holy Spirit specifically is the crime of all crimes?

Is God, the Son and Spirit not all the same? It seems to hold the HS in a higher regard than the Father or Son.

Well I for one can admit I've directly blasphemed the HS once upon a time. So now what?

Am I doomed? ? 

Don't worry about this! Jesus says "all manner" of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven. Plus, speaking "a word" against the Son of man will be forgiven. But, after saying that whoever speaks "a word" against the Son of man shall be forgiven, Jesus says "[...] whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost [...]" (Matthew 12:32) - notice that "a word" is missing. So because Jesus does not say, "whosoever speaketh *a word* against the Holy Ghost" shall not be forgiven, we can see that the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not about any one word spoken. Rather, the issue was the evil words that Pharisees spoke because "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" (Matthew 12:34). So it's a heart issue. And Jesus also clarifies that one is either with Him or against Him (Matthew 12:30).

So the simplest, easiest way to understand blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is that it refers to unbelief. And, obviously, God can fix unbelief in a man!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

10 minutes ago, Don19 said:

Don't worry about this! Jesus says "all manner" of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven. Plus, speaking "a word" against the Son of man will be forgiven. But, after saying that whoever speaks "a word" against the Son of man shall be forgiven, Jesus says "[...] whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost [...]" (Matthew 12:32) - notice that "a word" is missing. So because Jesus does not say, "whosoever speaketh *a word* against the Holy Ghost" shall not be forgiven, we can see that the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not about any one word spoken. Rather, the issue was the evil words that Pharisees spoke because "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" (Matthew 12:34). So it's a heart issue. And Jesus also clarifies that one is either with Him or against Him (Matthew 12:30).

So the simplest, easiest way to understand blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is that it refers to unbelief. And, obviously, God can fix unbelief in a man!

Here is some verses you should read and understand.

Matthew 12:31-32

Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.  Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Mark 3:28-29

Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation

Luke 12:10

And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.

May I suggest the focus should be what is blasphemy.  Here is what my study shows.

Blasphemy - blasphemia - G988

verbal abuse against someone which denotes the very worst type of slander mentioned in Matthew 15:19 with false witnesses; wounding someone's reputation by evil reports; evil speaking.  See Mark7:22; Eph. 4:31; Col.3:8; 1 Timothy 6:4; Jude 1:9; Rev.2:9.  Used especially in a religious sense meaning blasphemy toward or against God (Matthew 26:65; Mark 2:7; 14:64; Luke 5:21; John 19:33; Revelation 13:5, 6); against the Holy Spirit (Matthew 12:31; Mark 3:28; Luke 12:10) including the resistance against the convicting power of the Holy Spirit.  The expression stands for names of blasphemy.

It is more than just unbelief.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/2/2020 at 7:55 PM, Raymond2020 said:

The good news is that blasphemy against the holy spirit is a sin that no longer exists today.

That's my take on this.

I actually wrote a similar topic about this 3 weeks ago.

Such hypocrites pharisees blaspheming Jesus still many in churches. I know them well.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

8 hours ago, OneLight said:

Here is some verses you should read and understand.

Matthew 12:31-32

Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.  Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Mark 3:28-29

Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation

Luke 12:10

And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.

May I suggest the focus should be what is blasphemy.  Here is what my study shows.

Blasphemy - blasphemia - G988

verbal abuse against someone which denotes the very worst type of slander mentioned in Matthew 15:19 with false witnesses; wounding someone's reputation by evil reports; evil speaking.  See Mark7:22; Eph. 4:31; Col.3:8; 1 Timothy 6:4; Jude 1:9; Rev.2:9.  Used especially in a religious sense meaning blasphemy toward or against God (Matthew 26:65; Mark 2:7; 14:64; Luke 5:21; John 19:33; Revelation 13:5, 6); against the Holy Spirit (Matthew 12:31; Mark 3:28; Luke 12:10) including the resistance against the convicting power of the Holy Spirit.  The expression stands for names of blasphemy.

It is more than just unbelief.

Actually, I agree it's more specific than unbelief--more on that below. However, to characterize it as unbelief is expedient enough, hopefully, to assuage the OP's concerns, without going into too much detail. To put it this way: this particular blasphemy demonstrates unbelief, which is why the one who does it does not have forgiveness. This is not a sin that believers could commit from the heart of flesh God has put in them, upon which He has written His law. So if one believes upon Jesus Christ, he can rest assured that there is forgiveness for whatever sins and blasphemies he may have committed or may yet commit.

I stand by what I wrote here:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/243235-blasphemy-against-the-holy-spirit/?do=findComment&comment=3202519

Regarding the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, I have a different take on it, as I'm not satisfied with any other explanation I've seen of it. In the time of Christ's earthly ministry, He explains that this was committed by those who accused Him of casting out devils by the power of Satan. But Jesus also explains some of the logic behind His saying - essentially, that you are either with Him or against Him; and that if He casts out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon them (Matthew 12:28-30).

To understand what this sin might be today, we should understand a little something about the ministry of the Holy Spirit. By one Spirit are all believers baptized into one body (1 Cor 12:13). Christ baptizes His sheep with the Holy Ghost (John 1:33), giving them that full assurance that they seek and need (Luke 11:5-13). Paul explains that this event is when one is sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (Eph 1:13), Who is given as an earnest in our hearts (2 Cor 1:22). An earnest is basically a pledge. Therefore, we have been translated into the kingdom (Col 1:13). This has already happened for believers.

It's that perfect love of God, communicated to the heart by His Spirit of our adoption as children (Rom 8:16, Gal 4:6) that casts out fear (1 John 4:18) as Christ likewise also cast out devils by the same Spirit. Now some people teach you can lose salvation; some even say that eternal security is a doctrine of devils. I've seen such blasphemous attacks. Those who say such things show that they are not in Christ's kingdom, and they show that do not have Christ's Spirit, just as the Pharisees showed this specifically by the evil words they spoke (Matthew 12:33-37). Remember, this was all about the words spoken, and how they reveal what's in the heart: how out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. Likewise, in contemplating the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, Jesus says that all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven. Again, this speaks to the eternal security of the believer. But the one who shall attack this gospel commits sin, which sin also specifically shows he has no knowledge of God’s grace and is not in His kingdom.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

A lots of brothers and sisters say that if you are concerned about the unforgivable sin that then you haven’t done it.

Mathew 19:26  Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but (C)with God all things are possible.”