• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Dear brother, ...yes I agree with you, ...it was the Lord who "made" it Holy.

However, ...does not the Word teach us God blessed, sanctified and rested on the seventh day?

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. Gen 2:2-3

Where does it say He declared it Holy?

Bro, ...the Holy Spirit didn't introduce the word "Holy" into the Scriptures until Exo 3:5:

And He (God) said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou (Moses) standest is Holy ground.

Let's ask the question, "What changed in the "ground" from the Garden to the Burning Bush?

Was the ground in the Garden not Holy?

And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Gen 1:31

Was the ground where Moses was standing before God Almighty still Holy?

Do we not read God cursed the Ground?

...cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Gen 3:17b

So what is the difference?

Adam and Eve, living in the Garden were walking on "uncursed" ground, ...so for them the seventh day was a day of rest and not a "Holy" day.

The first time God declared the seventh day "Holy" to the children of Israel:

And in the first day there shall be an Holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an Holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you. Exo 12:16

And that was in preparation for their very first Passover in Egypt, ...and what was it symbolic of?

They slaughtered an innocent lamb and painted their door jambs and the lintel of their house with it's blood so that the death angel would pass over them, ...after having obeyed the Word of God, were they not "resting" in their homes, ...the souls that believed and received the words of Moses were they not "standing" on Holy ground even in Egypt, ...were they not saved?

You say, "It was a pattern taught to Adam and Eve and was suppose to be taught through the generations, unfortunately it wasn't." 

So, since the ground Adam and Eve were walking on "wasn't" cursed, they were still clothed with Light in their sinless state, ...isn't the "pattern," as you call it, ...teaching us there is a "rest" now, for us sinful men living outside of the Garden and walking on this cursed planet, ...is there not a Passover for all of us living today, is there not a "rest" we can enter into just like Adam and Eve experienced in the Garden?

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into His rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His.  Heb 4:9-10

The only "unfortunate" part is people fail to receive that the "Holy Sabbath" is not a day, ...but our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, ... as the Holy Spirit teaches us in Hebrews 4. 

Please beloved, take the time and meditate on Hebrews 4 and ask the Holy Spirit to "illuminate" it for you.

Lord bless

You once again take a lot of words to try to prove the Sabbath as not being holy. It proves my case and point that all who declare the law is done away with have no problem with any of the 10 commandments other than the fourth one. But let us see if God considers the day holy.

First back to Genesis 2, the word "sanctified"  see the Hebrew word and meaning ....
qâdash
kaw-dash'
A primitive root; to be (causatively make, pronounce or observe as) clean (ceremonially or morally): - appoint, bid, consecrate, dedicate, defile, hallow, (be, keep) holy (-er, place), keep, prepare, proclaim, purify, sanctify (-ied one, self), X wholly.
Total KJV occurrences: 171

Seems like an important day, never saw the Lord set any of the other six apart like this.  Of course the Sabbath is a day, try looking at the calendar and you will note a day, a 24 hour period known of the Roman calendar as Saturday, the Sabbath. 

Throughout scripture when the Sabbath is mentioned it is often mentioned as the Sabbath day. Yes the Sabbath was taught to the Israelites that it was holy. They had been in Egypt for generations and had lost much of the truth and had to be retaught God's law. It is God's law not simply Israel's. Try reading Leviticus 23:1-4.... the Sabbath and the Feast or Holy Days of the Lord are actual days and they Belong to God and yes, God declared them Holy, set them aside and sanctified them.

Edited by Tigger56
misspelled word

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,048
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

EYES  TO  SEE  AND  EARS  TO  HEAR --- WHAT

ISAIAH 58:13  if thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath from doing thy pleasure on ---MY  HOLY  DAY--- and call the sabbath a delight ---THE  HOLY  OF  THE  LORD--- honorable and shalt honor HIM--not doing thine own ways--nor finding thine own pleasure--NOR  SPEAKING  THINE  OWN  WORDS--

1 JOHN 1:9 --IF-- we confess our sins HE is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness 

PROVERBS 8:8  ALL  THE  WORDS  OF  MY  MOUTH  ARE  IN  RIGHTEOUSNESS  THERE  IS  NOTHING  FROWARD  OR  PERVERSE  IN  THEM

1 JOHN 2:29  if you know that HE is righteous you know that everyone that doeth righteousness is --BORN  OF  HIM--

@BB 53 and all 

ROMANS 5:19  for as by one mans disobedience many were made sinners so by --THE  OBEDIENCE-- of one shall many be made righteous 

HEBREWS 5:8  though HE were a SON yet learned HE obedience by the things which HE suffered  *******5:9 --and being made perfect HE became the author of eternal salvation --UNTO  ALL  THEM  THAT   OBEY  HIM*******

JOHN 15:3  NOW  YOU  ARE  CLEAN  THROUGH  THE  WORD  WHICH  I  HAVE  SPOKEN  UNTO  YOU 

LUKE 22:41  and HE was withdrawn from them about a stones cast and kneeled down and prayed  --22:42--saying FATHER if thou be willing remove this cup from ME --NEVERTHELESS  NOT  MY  WILL  BUT  THINE  BE  DONE--

--22:43--   and there appeared an angel unto HIM from heaven strengthening HIM --22:44-- and being in agony HE prayed the more earnestly and HIS sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground 

PSALM 116:13  I will take the cup of salvation and call upon the name of THE LORD

2 TIMOTHY 2:19 nevertheless the foundation of GOD standeth sure --having this seal-- THE  LORD knoweth them that are HIS and let every one that nameth the name of CHRIST depart from iniquity

ROMANS 10:13  FOR  WHOSOEVER  SHALL  CALL  UPON  THE  NAME  OF  THE  LORD  SHALL  BE  SAVED 

ACTS  3:26  unto  you  first  GOD  having  raised up  HIS  SON  JESUS sent HIM to bless you in turning away everyone of you from his iniquities

HEBREWS 12:24  AND  TO  JESUS  THE  MEDIATOR  OF  THE  NEW  COVENANT  AND  TO  THE  BLOOD  SPRINKLING  THAT  SPEAKETH  BETTER  THINGS  THAN  THAT  OF  ABEL

HEBREWS 9:15  and for this cause HE is the mediator of the new testament that by means of death for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance 

--9:16-- FOR  WHERE  A  TEASTAMENT  IS  THERE  MUST  ALSO  OF  NECESSITY  BE  HE  DEATH  OF  THE  TESTATOR 

--9:17-- FOR  A  TESTAMENT  IS  OF  FORCE  AFTER  MEN  ARE  DEAD OTHERWISE  IT  IS  OF  NO  STRENGTH  AT  ALL  WHILE  THE  TESTATOR  LIVETH

LUKE 6:46  AND  WHY  CALL  YOU  ME  LORD  LORD  AND  DO  NOT  THE  THINGS  WHICH  I  SAY

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  

On 2/15/2020 at 10:01 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I have the same “ issues” as Paul—— I hate Legalism and those that spread “False Gospels.”  The latter, God will send to Hell.God desires nobody to be lost , but he will be plenty Angry , come Judgement Day  at those that “ Spit on the Blood Of His Son” who send people to Hell with “ Accursed” Gospels full of Human Pride, and Self-Righteousness. The Old Testament mentions Seven things God Hates—The Prideful and The Liars are Perhaps the Foremost.You Don’t care for the word “ sicken” either? Jesus said he would “ spew out” or vomit up those that are “ neither hot or cold”, did he not? God is the One that used the word “ Accursed”.... God is the one that said “ Throw them out” when it came to Legalists that attack God’s Children Of Grace....something we see in here on  a daily basis.Sorry , But God ain’t “ Lovey-Dovey” all of the time. The emotions I have expressed .....the words that I have used are all Biblical. I have no desire to see anybody go to Hell- But it “delights” me to perhaps play a small part in reducing the number of Lost Souls that wind up there because they bought the Damnable Lie Of “ Jesus Saves.....B U T.”  That is The LIE  of all Legalists.If you don’t like me phraseology—- best take it up with God......I am using the same Words as He. If you or anybody else out there actually believes in adding to God’s Gospel Of Grace and has the “ Jesus Saves.....BUT”mentality-—— you got WAY bigger “ issues” than I have.

Frankly, I am amazed that you are allowed to post in this forum. You say you are quoting but you seem to be attempting to speak for God (a pretty lofty position I would say). We seem to have a problem as to what you call "legalist".  I belong to the Lord Jesus, He is my Savior, Messiah and King. In my belonging to him I obey him. I love him and thus keep the word, the truth, the law and the commandments. The law doesn't save but disobedience doesn't either. The Lord Jesus saves but He expects, demands obedience. What do you obey if not his commandments?  If you believe "issues" are the belief and obedience unto my Lord.... then Praise the Lord.... I have issues!

• Well Said! 1

On 2/15/2020 at 10:01 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I have the same “ issues” as Paul—— I hate Legalism and those that spread “False Gospels.”  The latter, God will send to Hell.God desires nobody to be lost , but he will be plenty Angry , come Judgement Day  at those that “ Spit on the Blood Of His Son” who send people to Hell with “ Accursed” Gospels full of Human Pride, and Self-Righteousness. The Old Testament mentions Seven things God Hates—The Prideful and The Liars are Perhaps the Foremost.You Don’t care for the word “ sicken” either? Jesus said he would “ spew out” or vomit up those that are “ neither hot or cold”, did he not? God is the One that used the word “ Accursed”.... God is the one that said “ Throw them out” when it came to Legalists that attack God’s Children Of Grace....something we see in here on  a daily basis.Sorry , But God ain’t “ Lovey-Dovey” all of the time. The emotions I have expressed .....the words that I have used are all Biblical. I have no desire to see anybody go to Hell- But it “delights” me to perhaps play a small part in reducing the number of Lost Souls that wind up there because they bought the Damnable Lie Of “ Jesus Saves.....B U T.”  That is The LIE  of all Legalists.If you don’t like me phraseology—- best take it up with God......I am using the same Words as He. If you or anybody else out there actually believes in adding to God’s Gospel Of Grace and has the “ Jesus Saves.....BUT”mentality-—— you got WAY bigger “ issues” than I have.

BloodBought, You seem to be getting more and more angry. This is never my intent, so I do apologize if I have caused this. I love to discuss varying beliefs, but have no desire for an angry debate. Let's see if we can tone it down a bit, what do you say?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

You once again take a lot of words to try to prove the Sabbath as not being holy.

Brother, I don't know how to make it any more clear, ...did you even read what I said?

In the very first sentence I agreed with you in saying, "the Lord made the Sabbath Holy!!!"

So, short, sweet, concise and to the point!

You say I chose which parts of the Law I want to "ignore."

Okay, let's judge your "works" of keeping the Sabbath according to Matt 7:1-3.

Do you actually "keep" the Law of the Sabbath? 

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. Exo 31:12-13

Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.  Exo 31:16

Are you a Jew, if so what Tribe are your parents, grandparents, great-grandparents from?

Do you "attend" the Sabbath at the Synagogue if there is one in your town?

If you are a Gentile have you gone through the "conversion" ceremony, ...have you been circumcised, ...if you are already circumcised has the "symbolic" drop of blood been drawn, ...have you been baptized by immersion in the ritual Jewish bath, a mikveh, ...with the appropriate prayers in the synagogue?

Do you turn on the light in your house, cook your food, use hot water, watch television, listen to the radio, use the heater during winter, start your car?

Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day. Exp 35:3

Do you actually "keep" the Biblical Old Testament Sabbath???

According to the Law of the Sabbath, Sabbath breakers are to be stoned to death...

Between the time when three stars are visible in the night sky on Friday until the same time on Saturday night, ...did you wash your hands or take a bath with hot water, did you use your stove to cook food, did you turn on any lights, did you unplug your refrigerator, and the microwave with a digital clock, did you call  or receive any calls on your phone, ...plus a myriad of other ways we "kindle" a fire in our homes today?

If you haven't been "converted" to Judaism then you are "breaking the Law!

If you have "kindled" a fire in any way on the Sabbath, you have broken the Law!

The penalty for breaking the "Sabbath" Day Law is stoning...

Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Exo 31:14

So tell me, ...are you going to "chose" which parts of the Sabbath Law you are going to "ignore," ...including the penalty for defiling the Sabbath Day Law?

That means if you are guilty of defiling the Sabbath, ...then in the city park in your town the townspeople will place you in a large wooden box filled with manure and stone you to death, you will sink down and be covered with the manure and then they will plant a tree in the box, ...a reminder to every one that sees the tree growing the penalty for defiling the Sabbath!

So you can swear before God, ...no, ...Jesus said, "Let your yes be yes and your no be no."

Standing before your God, ...are you a Gentile that has "converted" to Judaism, ...are you guilty of kindling a fire on the Sabbath, ...yes, or no?

Edited by JustPassingThru

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

BloodBought, You seem to be getting more and more angry. This is never my intent, so I do apologize if I have caused this. I love to discuss varying beliefs, but have no desire for an angry debate. Let's see if we can tone it down a bit, what do you say?

I AM angry......but only with those that spit on the Blood by thinking it is ESSENTIAL for Salvation, but not ADEQUATE for Salvation. I despise Leaven, the adding to the Gospel that destroys lives, destroys Churches ( all the Churches in Asia have abandoned me, lamented Paul) and depending on who you listen to, might just send a person to Hell.

I am all for Obedience, as I have said countless times.Obedience is great.Strive for Obedience. It will please God and He will bless you for it . He just won’t “ save” you because of it.Its just like the song that countless hypocrites sang this morning—- “NOTHING But The Blood”. If you or anybody else adds to that Blood, they are a Legalist and the are “ fallen from Grace” and “ Severed from the Cross Of Christ”......Excuse me for not wanting to be part of that crowd......If “ anybody” should not be posting in here, it should be Modern- Day Legalist spreading  their Leaven Of “ Do Do this and don’t do that to be saved or stay saved.” God gave His UNMISTAKABLE VERDICT on the Legalist whose only reason to live is to attack God’s Children Of Grace....He knew these types never change and never quit their prosecution of those that are “ Free in Christ”. He said “ throw them out.” Now please explain to me why I should not be posting here and you should.What exactly am I doing that is UnBiblical . Paul was right when he said those that “ stood for the Gospel” would be attacked.Standing up for the Blood Plus NOTHInG ....Standing up for Paul’s Lost Gospel Of Grace is the only things that I try to do......hang me from the highest tree, I suppose. I am not going abandon my anger.There exists a thing called “ Righteous Anger.” To that charge, I happily plead “ guilty as charged !”

• Well Said! 1

17 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Brother, I don't know how to make it any more clear, ...did you even read what I said?

In the very first sentence I agreed with you in saying, "the Lord made the Sabbath Holy!!!"

So, short, sweet, concise and to the point!

You say I chose which parts of the Law I want to "ignore."

Okay, let's judge your "works" of keeping the Sabbath according to Matt 7:1-3.

Do you actually "keep" the Law of the Sabbath? 

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. Exo 31:12-13

Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.  Exo 31:16

Are you a Jew, if so what Tribe are your parents, grandparents, great-grandparents from?

Do you "attend" the Sabbath at the Synagogue if there is one in your town?

If you are a Gentile have you gone through the "conversion" ceremony, ...have you been circumcised, ...if you are already circumcised has the "symbolic" drop of blood been drawn, ...have you been baptized by immersion in the ritual Jewish bath, a mikveh, ...with the appropriate prayers in the synagogue?

Do you turn on the light in your house, cook your food, use hot water, watch television, listen to the radio, use the heater during winter, start your car?

Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day. Exp 35:3

Do you actually "keep" the Biblical Old Testament Sabbath???

According to the Law of the Sabbath, Sabbath breakers are to be stoned to death...

Between the time when three stars are visible in the night sky on Friday until the same time on Saturday night, ...did you wash your hands or take a bath with hot water, did you use your stove to cook food, did you turn on any lights, did you unplug your refrigerator, and the microwave with a digital clock, did you call  or receive any calls on your phone, ...plus a myriad of other ways we "kindle" a fire in our homes today?

If you haven't been "converted" to Judaism then you are "breaking the Law!

If you have "kindled" a fire in any way on the Sabbath, you have broken the Law!

The penalty for breaking the "Sabbath" Day Law is stoning...

Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Exo 31:14

So tell me, ...are you going to "chose" which parts of the Sabbath Law you are going to "ignore," ...including the penalty for defiling the Sabbath Day Law?

That means if you are guilty of defiling the Sabbath, ...then in the city park in your town the townspeople will place you in a large wooden box filled with manure and stone you to death, you will sink down and be covered with the manure and then they will plant a tree in the box, ...a reminder to every one that sees the tree growing the penalty for defiling the Sabbath!

So you can swear before God, ...no, ...Jesus said, "Let your yes be yes and your no be no."

Standing before your God, ...are you a Gentile that has "converted" to Judaism, ...are you guilty of kindling a fire on the Sabbath, ...yes, or no?

You wrote, once again a long dissertation. Which is a problem because I usually respond in a briefer manner, but this time, here comes my dissertation. You indicate at the previous post that you are referring to that I ignored

"Brother, I don't know how to make it any more clear, ...did you even read what I said?

So, short, sweet, concise and to the point!"

Sounds good, however, you also stated in the previous post that "the only "unfortunate" part is people fail to receive that the "Holy Sabbath" is not a day,"  Those were your words.... I responded to those by stating that the Sabbath was indeed a day and a day made holy. So now I have your new response. Now to more questions....Yes, Moses did relay the words given unto him by the Lord teaching them of the Sabbath, but he taught them not the "Jewish" Sabbath but God's Holy Sabbath. Israel was a chosen nation, a nation that was to be an example for the other nations to follow. Unfortunately, Israel failed and followed the traditions and gods around them.

Whether I am a Jew or not doesn't matter since the Sabbath is to be observed by all of mankind. But since you seem to be interested then I will share with you that I am descended from the tribe of Judah. But whether I was or not, doesn't matter in regards to keeping the Sabbath.

No I don't meet in a synagogue, we have churches that keep the Sabbath as well. I meet with a wonderful, loving group of people who all observe the Sabbath.  You now want to know if I am circumcised? Getting to the private parts, but yes, I have been circumcised. And yes, physically and spiritually. But once again.... Israel didn't exist when God created Adam and Eve, yet he established the Sabbath for them to follow. 

Next question... Do I turn on my light, cook food, etc.... now you are looking to the burdens the Lord spoke of. You must understand in Ex. 35:3, that at the time Israel was eating manna, they were told not to gather wood or manna, and cook on the Sabbath. This past Sabbath, I did eat, but no wood gathered. I did do the work of turning on a light switch (I rested afterward since it was so manually exhausting! Humor intended.  But I don't cook large meals, I do not work. It is a day of great rejoicing, worship and of rest. From sundown Friday to sundown Sabbath, I keep the Sabbath holy. Not by the traditions and burdens of the Pharasees, but by honoring my God. I go to services, I spend time in prayer. I worship my Lord. I keep His day holy as commanded. 

You seem to be trying to come up with the excuse that if you can't keep anything perfectly that you should just ignore it. The Lord honors the heart and the effort. I truly do keep his day holy as commanded. If I fail, then I know I have my Lord Jesus that forgives and sees my heart and my effort. Over the years, I have known what it is like to walk a different path than most mainstream Christians. As a child I was taught the Sabbath. It prevented me from taking part in school sports and many other activities, but I desired to obey my parents and my God. For a time, I left it when I went into the military as it was a difficult thing to do as they do own you as it were for the time you serve. But eventually, my parent's God became truly my God and I chose to obey and follow. The Air Force officers I served under all honored my desire and I was able to observe God's holy Sabbath from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday until my time was served.

Stoning..... ah, aren't you glad that isn't allowed in our nation. Stoning was the law established for the nation of Israel as other laws were. The stoning was for direct disobedience of the law given. If stoning was the punishment enacted by our government, then I expect a lot of people would be keeping the Sabbath! But that was a national law but did denote the severity of disobedience and rebellion.  You appear to be looking for justification.... so what ever helps you sleep at night is fine with me. We do all work out our own salvation, but it does say with fear and trembling. Not sure if many people get that part.

I don't chose to "ignore" any of the fact that the Sabbath day is holy. I don't pursue my own interests, I don't work and I do honor and worship my Lord and serve him on that day and serve his people.  Tell me, what effort are you making to keep the Sabbath holy as commanded?  You seem to be saying, "Oh Lord, I can't keep it perfectly.... so I will do one better... I won't keep it at all!"

Sound drastic that you want me to be placed in a box of manure, after being stoned and then planted with a tree. If that were to happen to someone that attempts to obey the Lord, what happens to the ones that ignore it completely?  Your analogy, not mine.

I have attempted to answer all of your questions openly and fairly. Now back to a question to you. You seem to justify not keeping the Sabbath as you do not believe you can keep it holy. What about the other laws and commandments of God? Do you feel that if we fail in any of them that we should then ignore them? I ask this for the impression I get from your question is that is your reasoning about the Sabbath Day. If that then is a reason not to keep the Sabbath, then why did the Apostles keep this day? Paul keep God's law even when under "house arrest". During that time it is doubtful that he could go to a synagogue but yet continued to keep the Sabbath. The Apostles are shown to have kept the Sabbath and the Holy Days, at no point do I see any of them saying, I can't keep it perfectly, stone me, bury me in manure and the rest of you quit trying.

Edited by Tigger56
Added more words and corrected an error in typing
  • Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Wow!

Thanks for "taking" the time to respond!

I really "will" keep it short, this time. LOL

What you have just said isn't any different from what you have said in the many posts I have read from you on many other threads, ...so no "new" info...

The "difference" from what you call my "long " dissertations and you short answers and this "long" dissertation is simply this, 

I use Scripture to prove my point and to this day you haven't used one single Scripture, just vague references with your opinions.

Brother, I'm not attacking you, ...it's just when we discuss the "principles" of the Word we should use Scripture in the context the Holy Spirit intended them to be understood to authenticate our views.

I'm finished here, ...see you soon...

Lord bless 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 2/3/2020 at 9:46 PM, alaric_w said:

Most of today’s churches are mixing God’s way of dealing with Christians in the old testament (Covenant of LAW) with the new testament (Covenant of GRACE).

Covenant of Grace requires FAITH to receive his undeserved blessings while the Covenant of Law requires keeping all of God’s law to earn his blessings.

Neither sentence seems  correct to me.

God is consistent in His mercy. The old testament consists of far more than the covenant  of God with His chosen people through the Mosaic covenant. 

"Faith as always been required of the chosen by God. The faith need is fulfilled in Jesus  by His sacrifice his honor given to His father's glory by His faith alone. The Bible from beginning to completion is the reveal of Christ Jesus. it is not a tale of two covenants. There is,  have been, or will be,  at least the following covenants: Edenic, Adamic, Noahic, Abrahamic, Mosiaic, Davidic, Palestinian, and New.

To divide God into two covenant relationships that do not relate one to the other is to fail to see the consistent mercy and grace of God, His plan  of redemption  for fallen man through His own substitutionary death and victory over death in Christ Jesus for man, so that many may be found mature in Christ who is the redeemer that has paid in full the price of the sin of the first Adam   and every person given to Jesus  by His Father from before the beginning. God has been constant from before the beginning.

2 Peter 3 This is now the second letter that I am writing to you, beloved. In both of them I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder, 2 that you should remember the predictions of the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles, 3 knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. 4 They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, 6 and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. 7 But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8 But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you,[a] not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.[c]

11 Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, 12 waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! 13 But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Final Words

14 Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace. 15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. 17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability.18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen."

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I also belong to a group that honors the 7th day Sabbath of the Bible. We don't keep the multitude of traditions that have come down through men (like don't use hot water and don'd use light switches or elevator buttons); but we do avoid work that can be done on other days, and we spend much time in worship and study and family time.  I ain't saying that is how everyone should keep the Sabbath - but it's how we keep it; and we are blessed.

When looking at the things that God punished Israel for it is working on the Sabbath (violation of 4th Commandment) and worshipping other gods (violation of first commandment).

• This is Worthy 1