IGNORED

What do you all think of Mitt Romney declaring his faith required him to vote to convict Trump

Amigo42

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,675
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

So question? How is this command being violated by those of us who lets just say do not feel respect towards current president?  I can not speak for others. But I myself have not made any attempt to overthrow  the governing authorities, and as far as I know I am following  the rules of our laws.  So how then am I guilty of not following this scrituper? Do explain. 

Guilty?  ??? Don't know for you, that is  for you and your creator to work out and be comfortable with I suppose.

As for me, I found it near impossible to vote for Donald Trump! Yet I did.

Why? When Hilary called me  a deplorable, that did it, my mind was opened to the tremendous threat to my own exercise of duty to Christ Jesus, my civil liberty and perhaps even to life itself. The  thinking  and expression of a wild eyed hatred within her seemed irrational and  even demonic to me. 

I then put more personal funding in to the candidate Trump  campaign than I had ever contributed to any candidate in my lifetime. I just couldn't sit it out passively. I did my bit as a very little, even microscopic cog in the mechanism.

Now; it seems to me President Trump is being used by God to advance what God wills for us all. Not because President Trump has become suddenly a nice guy, but because God is sovereign and is using him to confound the wisdom of man. For me it is not so much that I respect President Trump as much as I am in awe of God's sovereignty over all things.

I respect that God has placed leaders of lands, kings,  presidents, dictators, all in a fashion that does work together for good for those that come to believe on Jesus as Lord God and personal savior.  God rewards the nations, God punishes the nations. I pray for God to bring dispersions and revival for the sake of the people of all nations.

If God had willed that I suffer under a President Hilary Rodham-Clinton I would  have had to respect that too. (I do give thanks to God that I have been spared that one).

So, I will have to respect what God leads you to think and do as well, hopefully in response to  your own prayers for the people of all lands whether they be seen as enemy or friend.  I don't see that as a" violation". I do see it as a responsibility to God that each  of us cares enough to pray to Him for many to come to be found mature in Christ at Jesus' return. I am rather new to that awareness within me.

Maranatha!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Nicol Bolas said:

I know that I'm new here but every time I turn on the television or log into my computer I'm blasted with a tsunami of discussion and images on Trump. Not that there is anything wrong with discussing him. He's quite possibly going to be one of the most remembered presidents in history for many reasons. Good and bad. Is it just me or are too many of us in the world so hung up on Trump that we're forgetting who really runs the show?

Gee I don't think so. For I do think many of us are so stunned by what is happening that many know it can only be by God that it is happening. Both what may be seen as the good and also the bad. I think I am more aware of the sovereignty of God over all matters.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Guilty?  ??? Don't know for you, that is  for you and your creator to work out and be comfortable with I suppose.

As for me, I found it near impossible to vote for Donald Trump! Yet I did.

Why? When Hilary called me  a deplorable, that did it, my mind was opened to the tremendous threat to my own exercise of duty to Christ Jesus, my civil liberty and perhaps even to life itself. The  thinking  and expression of a wild eyed hatred within her seemed irrational and  even demonic to me. 

I then put more personal funding in to the candidate Trump  campaign than I had ever contributed to any candidate in my lifetime. I just couldn't sit it out passively. I did my bit as a very little, even microscopic cog in the mechanism.

Now; it seems to me President Trump is being used by God to advance what God wills for us all. Not because President Trump has become suddenly a nice guy, but because God is sovereign and is using him to confound the wisdom of man. For me it is not so much that I respect President Trump as much as I am in awe of God's sovereignty over all things.

I respect that God has placed leaders of lands, kings,  presidents, dictators, all in a fashion that does work together for good for those that come to believe on Jesus as Lord God and personal savior.  God rewards the nations, God punishes the nations. I pray for God to bring dispersions and revival for the sake of the people of all nations.

If God had willed that I suffer under a President Hilary Rodham-Clinton I would  have had to respect that too. (I do give thanks to God that I have been spared that one).

So, I will have to respect what God leads you to think and do as well, hopefully in response to  your own prayers for the people of all lands whether they be seen as enemy or friend.  I don't see that as a" violation". I do see it as a responsibility to God that each  of us cares enough to pray to Him for many to come to be found mature in Christ at Jesus' return. I am rather new to that awareness within me.

Maranatha!

So what was the reason for posting that verse? And being like "yeah look at that!" :laugh:

It seem I can't say boo about Trump without someone posting that verse in a reply to what I say. So I think I must be being accused of being in violation of the verse if it is being pointed out to me anytime I say "hey I don't agree, or like what Trump is doing".  

Edited by LadyKay

8 hours ago, Nicol Bolas said:

I know that I'm new here but every time I turn on the television or log into my computer I'm blasted with a tsunami of discussion and images on Trump. Not that there is anything wrong with discussing him. He's quite possibly going to be one of the most remembered presidents in history for many reasons. Good and bad. Is it just me or are too many of us in the world so hung up on Trump that we're forgetting who really runs the show?

I just like a good debate. I know it is not going to change anyone's mind. But it takes my mind off of my other "real world" issues for a bit. :)

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

10 hours ago, Nicol Bolas said:

and especially who he picks to carry out his will.      When Obama was in office it was," we have to accept Gods decision for president", but when President Trump gets elected God must have been asleep or something...

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

So I think I must be being accused of being in violation of the verse if it is being pointed out to me anytime I say "hey I don't agree, or like what Trump is doing".  

All I can say is what do you think? Might the Holy Spirit be at work in us all?  I know I feel convicted to a new direction in my own prayers.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

All I can say is what do you think? Might the Holy Spirit be at work in us all?

Well I do not feel any conviction when saying I disagree with any of our gov. leaders. Or think that they are not the right person for the job.  So there you go then. 

2 hours ago, other one said:

When Obama was in office it was," we have to accept Gods decision for president", but when President Trump gets elected God must have been asleep or something...

We do vote for these people so I don't think we can just sit back and say "well it is all on God."  People don't always follow God's directions in life and I would have to say that holds true for voting as well.  After all I am told that as a Christian, I am to vote for this party and not for the other party. If it is all just left up to God, why do I even have to vote at all? Might as well stay home and say "Well God will just put whoever he wants in." 

I don't get it. :noidea:

I'm sorry what was the topic of this thread again I forgot. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I'm sorry what was the topic of this thread again I forgot. 

after 50 posts or so just like any conversation, the subject drifts...    not a big thing but if you want to get back to Romney he has a history of doing and saying whatever gets him to his agenda.....   and since the day the President came down the escalator he has been against him so this is no real surprise to anyone.....    but him throwing God into his remarks is not good and not acceptable in my view.  He may claim to be a Republican, but he is as much a globalist as anyone in politics today.....   just not as open about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/6/2020 at 5:00 PM, Jayne said:

I'm not a fan of President Trump at all - even though I voted for him and will again.  But I know this - he was not guilty of those charges and the left has been trying to impeach him since he was elected and it won't surprise me if they try to do it again.

BOTH of Senator Romney's votes should have been acquittal votes as President Trump was not guilty of those particular charges.

Respect him or not.  Like him or not.  President Trump did not commit the crimes he was charged of.

I'm sorry, but your statements here are totally not grounded in facts at all.  The house managers proved overwhelmingly that he was guilty of the thing they accused him.  I mean the proof is right there out in the open.  He even admitted it and asked if China could even interfere in a US election.  In addition, those articles were related to actual crimes.  The Impoundment Control Act and Campaign Finance laws.  Even Republican senators stated that he was guilty, but they didn't think it rose to the level of impeachment.