IGNORED

What do you all think of Mitt Romney declaring his faith required him to vote to convict Trump

Amigo42

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

I personally applaud Mitt Romney for standing up and having moral courage to do what his faith demanded.  What does that say about all of the other republicans in the Senate who claim to have faith and yet didn't have the courage to do what they knew was right?  He's already getting flak for his decision from the moral and cowardly degenerates of his own party.  I think it's sad the state of the republican party.  Before Trump was elected, they all rebuked Trump and wouldn't dare support him except for Jeff Sessions, and we see how that turned out.  Romney reminds me of Jeff Flake who was also Mormon.

Edited by Amigo42

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

27 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

I personally applaud Mitt Romney for standing up and having moral courage to do what his faith demanded.  What does that say about all of the other republicans in the Senate who claim to have faith and yet didn't have the courage to do what they knew was right?  He's already getting flak for his decision from the moral and cowardly degenerates of his own party.  I think it's sad the state of the republican party.  Before Trump was elected, they all rebuked Trump and wouldn't dare support him except for Jeff Sessions, and we see how that turned out.  Romney reminds me of Jeff Flake who was also Mormon.

I do not keep up with the news. What did Mitt Romney do?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I personally don't trust him.  And that is because of his long history.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I do not keep up with the news. What did Mitt Romney do?

He was the only republican to vote to convict Trump yesterday for one impeachment article.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Amigo42 said:

He was the only republican to vote to convict Trump yesterday for one impeachment article.  

Then I agree with Romney.It shows he has character and integrity.  Although I do not support the Mormon Church. It is a cult. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,667
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

t shows he has character and integrity

Well yes it does show his character. But, that is not a good thing! He misused his cult membership as cover to disparage an old political rival.

The people of the US saw through Mitt Romney when he ran for president. He should have won handily, but just was so bad that it showed, and  he could not beat Barry Obama.

Might pray for him to yet be turned about by the Holy Spirit to know Jesus as Lord God and personal savior.

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

56 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

I'm just going to sit back and wait for the Trump people here to declare Senator Romeny a liberal. 

On a personal note I would like to send him a "thank you" card. For having the guts to stand up for what was right when no one else in his party could do so. 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

President Trump is clever. He keeps his friends close and his enemies closer...

And I will say this again, please refer to our Commander in Chief as PRESIDENT TRUMP.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,667
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I had a hard time coming to vote for Trump,  a very hard time, but never could reach that point for Mitt Romney.  I voted I also put skin in the game once Hilary called me a deplorable. Now it does look much like God is using President Trump despite what he has seemed to be  least to me what he seemed to be.  

My faith, my hope, is on no man nor wo-man, but is in Christ Jesus alone. For God uses  what may be intended by man for evil to accomplish good for those that believe on Jesus as their Lord. I could no more vote for a cult member to be in charge of anything than I could agree to try to impeach any President.

This is not a land of parliamentary government. It is a Republic with citizen voters whose votes  for their government representatives that should be upheld at all costs. One can easily live with an Obama  or a Trump till election comes round again.

Though I don't know that  the country could have survived under a Hilary Rodham-Clinton. Praise God I didn't have to suffer that ..

• Thumbs Up 1