worriedwife69

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

It's been awhile since I have posted. My husband will be completing his chemo for stage 3 colon cancer in 2 more weeks. Needless to say we are thrilled the end is here. However, this end is now causing a lot anxiety and fear knowing that we will have to live each day wondering if the cancer will come back or show up some place else. I know I need to put my faith and trust in God but it is still so consuming. Also dealing with my husband, his anger because of his medical issues has been difficult as well. During all of this he has had some nerve thing going on which is really frightening as it is causing tingling, weakness and numbness in his wrist and hand and now is feeling something in other hand. He is petrified which comes out in anger (not towards me just says a lot of stuff), the fear of losing mobility in your extremities is scary knowing you may not be able to work. Sometimes I feel like i cant handle this anymore prayers please for us

• Praying! 8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I'm sorry. I do not know where you are from, but it may help you to find a cancer support group near by. Sometimes just talking to people who are going through the same things can help. You may even be able to find an online one if there is not any near where you are, or if you can not get out to get to them. You are not alone in this. Even though it can feel that way. Again I am sorry. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, worriedwife69 said:

It's been awhile since I have posted. My husband will be completing his chemo for stage 3 colon cancer in 2 more weeks. Needless to say we are thrilled the end is here. However, this end is now causing a lot anxiety and fear knowing that we will have to live each day wondering if the cancer will come back or show up some place else. I know I need to put my faith and trust in God but it is still so consuming. Also dealing with my husband, his anger because of his medical issues has been difficult as well. During all of this he has had some nerve thing going on which is really frightening as it is causing tingling, weakness and numbness in his wrist and hand and now is feeling something in other hand. He is petrified which comes out in anger (not towards me just says a lot of stuff), the fear of losing mobility in your extremities is scary knowing you may not be able to work. Sometimes I feel like i cant handle this anymore prayers please for us

It sounds like you and your husband are going through difficult times. Your husband might also be going through some depression which can show up as anger in men. God is with you and your husband. Please stay close to God. I will pray for you and your husband. :th_praying:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, worriedwife69 said:

Oh hon, I know how it is. I just went through cancer treatment myself. The Lord showed me the tumor and it was caught very early but oh how I know the nervousness wondering if it will return. I too have nerve damage in my hands. I lack fine motor control in my fingers. At this point I cant even open the front door by myself. And my feet, like floppy dead fish. I have balance issues. My husband does not work at this time as I cant quite be left on my own yet. He is older and we wonder if he will be able to get a job again in his field. Finances are a concern too. So I understand all you are worried about. 

All you can do is trust in the Lord that He will see you through this. 

Praying for you.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praying! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

35 minutes ago, DDisconnect said:

I will be certain to pray.

As for his tingling and numbness... Does your husband have heart problems? I don't mean to add on to any current stress, but that sounds like cause for worry. Studies suggest that the high levels of cortisol from long-term stress can increase blood cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, and blood pressure. These are common risk factors for heart disease. This stress can also cause changes that promote the buildup of plaque deposits in the arteries. If he's been struggling with the stress from his cancer for a while, it may be worthwhile to get him checked.

Nerve tingling/neuropathy is a common side effect from chemo. The cancer docs are careful about monitoring heart liver and kidney functions.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry to hear you and your husband are going through this difficult time. I pray that God will shower you both with his peace and comfort through all of this.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

I’m so sorry you and your husband are going through such a difficult and uncertain time.

I have kept you in my prayers ever since you posted your prayer requests.

Praise Jesus that your husband has finished his treatment, but everything is still worrying for you.

I’m not going through what you are, but from someone who is going through a horrible time at the moment, we are both in a storm, just a different ocean.

Even on days when we can’t feel it, Jesus is right by the side of us. We know this because He reiterates this over and over in the bible, because He understands that we are fragile and weak, so we need constant reassuring that He never leaves us.

We don’t know the future, but Jesus does. And He is in complete control, even when it feels like He isn’t. Nothing surprises Him, like it does us.

I thought of a scripture to post here. And then amazingly, when I went to the website to copy and paste it, the same scripture happens to be their “verse of the day!”. So this is for you:

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Jesus also tells us not to worry about tomorrow, as tomorrow will worry about itself.

I know it’s not easy. I am fighting hard to keep my thoughts fixed on Jesus and not my circumstances, but Jesus is faithful and He will see us all through.

God bless you. Xxx 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I worry more not only for his salvation but just his declining health and what it will do to him. He is not a positive person and that scares me. I know I need to rely on God and I do but it still his hard. It didn't help today at his chemo treatment, they had issues with his port and it ended up taking way longer and he was so frustrated, but he got there and got it done.

• Praying! 2

2 hours ago, marvelloustime said:

I’m so sorry you and your husband are going through such a difficult and uncertain time.

I have kept you in my prayers ever since you posted your prayer requests.

Praise Jesus that your husband has finished his treatment, but everything is still worrying for you.

I’m not going through what you are, but from someone who is going through a horrible time at the moment, we are both in a storm, just a different ocean.

Even on days when we can’t feel it, Jesus is right by the side of us. We know this because He reiterates this over and over in the bible, because He understands that we are fragile and weak, so we need constant reassuring that He never leaves us.

We don’t know the future, but Jesus does. And He is in complete control, even when it feels like He isn’t. Nothing surprises Him, like it does us.

I thought of a scripture to post here. And then amazingly, when I went to the website to copy and paste it, the same scripture happens to be their “verse of the day!”. So this is for you:

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Jesus also tells us not to worry about tomorrow, as tomorrow will worry about itself.

I know it’s not easy. I am fighting hard to keep my thoughts fixed on Jesus and not my circumstances, but Jesus is faithful and He will see us all through.

God bless you. Xxx 

I'm so sorry you are going through something right now. no matter what storm we are going through it's all difficult, I believe everyone has some kind of storm they are going through as we do not live in a perfect world. Hope you can stay near to God and thank you for your words of encouragement

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praying! 1

6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Oh hon, I know how it is. I just went through cancer treatment myself. The Lord showed me the tumor and it was caught very early but oh how I know the nervousness wondering if it will return. I too have nerve damage in my hands. I lack fine motor control in my fingers. At this point I cant even open the front door by myself. And my feet, like floppy dead fish. I have balance issues. My husband does not work at this time as I cant quite be left on my own yet. He is older and we wonder if he will be able to get a job again in his field. Finances are a concern too. So I understand all you are worried about. 

All you can do is trust in the Lord that He will see you through this. 

Praying for you.

I'm so sorry about your cancer as well. Will you nerve damage come back? We have heard some can some may be permanent and if it does it takes a long time. It's just so hard to know if it's from the chemo or not. I am so sorry for what you are going through, I can't imagine. I just know that my husband will not deal with it well if he can't use his hands or if he can't walk well. I am scared He has an appointment with his neurologist this week. please pray for good answers and something that will give him hope. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers for your situation. I had to go back to work because we couldn't afford for me to remain off any longer. I work from home but it's hard sometimes when he isn't in a good mood that I have to be here and listen to it but I remain hopeful and positive and have faith Jesus is at work in his and my life. Thank you

• Praying! 3