dhchristian

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

So for the YEC'ers, is that a purity test for you? Is it salvific to believe in this doctrine?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

3 hours ago, Paul James said:

Tell me this:   How you do you reconcile adding atheistic evolution into the Biblical record with your faith in Christ, seeing that God can have no fellowship with darkness - which is atheistic evolution?

I don't.  I believe that our science falsely so called had been set up to repress godly truth to the point of not giving jobs to people who people who believe the truth.  These people are black balled.  This has happened to personal friends.  Believers are even flunked out of core classes needful for graduation such as humanities.  This is true now not just at the university level but also on the grade school level.  Our education system has become brain washing in our state.  I went to college in the 60s and again in the 80s.  There was a vast difference.  

1Ti 6:20  O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

1Co 1:26 ESV For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth.

1Co 1:27  But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;  1Co 1:28  God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,  1Co 1:29  so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

1 hour ago, Willa said:

I don't.  I believe that our science falsely so called had been set up to repress godly truth to the point of not giving jobs to people who people who believe the truth.  These people are black balled.  This has happened to personal friends.  Believers are even flunked out of core classes needful for graduation such as humanities.  This is true now not just at the university level but also on the grade school level.  Our education system has become brain washing in our state.  I went to college in the 60s and again in the 80s.  There was a vast difference.  

1Ti 6:20  O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

1Co 1:26 ESV For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth.

1Co 1:27  But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;  1Co 1:28  God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,  1Co 1:29  so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.

Perhaps I misunderstood you from your comment that you support evolution as a Christian.  That was what puzzled me - that a Bible-believing Christian can believe in atheistic evolution.

But I totally understand what you are saying about creationist students and scientists being refused good grades and employment because they don't hold to evolution as a true science.

I saw a great illustration in a book where all the New Age, Evolutionists, Abortionists, Hindus, Muslims, Freudian psychologists, etc., being welcomed through the doors of a high school, but the Christian with creation evidence being turned away.  This is called general "tolerance" of all beliefs, but in reality it is tolerance to everything else going, except belief in the literal truth of the Bible.   A Bible believer once asked a member of a group called "Tolerance", why, when you are tolerant to all other beliefs, why are you being intolerant to mine?"

We can see the same intolerance on these forums when Bible-believers give evidence about the literal truth of the Bible, and then have to put up with nasty, abusive and accusative flaming from those who either take an atheistic stance, or corrupt their Christian profession with atheistic "theistic" evolution.

6 hours ago, simplejeff said:

All the thoughts, the source, the teachings and the practices and the doctrines and the dogmas of evolution,  is manmade or worse.

It did not ever,  no never, proceed from the Father,  nor from heaven,  never from God,  never His Way nor even in His thoughts, ever,  no , never.

Evolution was conceived through man's sinfulness and rebellion against God.  It is a deliberate attempt to put God right out of the picture.  It is because sinful and rebellious man wants to be their own god and not have to answer to a God who requires moral responsibility from mankind.  They don't want to even think about that there will be a day of judgment where they will have to give an account to God for the way they lived their lives.

We see this sinful rebellion in the acidic, flaming, abusive attacks from atheists on the forums where they are challenged with God's Word of truth.

This is why theistic evolution totally corrupts Christian faith, because it is inserting a belief which was born out of man's sinfulness and rebellion into the Christian profession.  We can't have light and darkness at the same time.  Atheistic "theistic" evolution snuffs out the light, and what remains is darkness;  and God does not have fellowship with the deeds of darkness.

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Paul James said:

Perhaps I misunderstood you from your comment that you support evolution as a Christian.  That was what puzzled me - that a Bible-believing Christian can believe in atheistic evolution.

But I totally understand what you are saying about creationist students and scientists being refused good grades and employment because they don't hold to evolution as a true science.

I saw a great illustration in a book where all the New Age, Evolutionists, Abortionists, Hindus, Muslims, Freudian psychologists, etc., being welcomed through the doors of a high school, but the Christian with creation evidence being turned away.  This is called general "tolerance" of all beliefs, but in reality it is tolerance to everything else going, except belief in the literal truth of the Bible.   A Bible believer once asked a member of a group called "Tolerance", why, when you are tolerant to all other beliefs, why are you being intolerant to mine?"

We can see the same intolerance on these forums when Bible-believers give evidence about the literal truth of the Bible, and then have to put up with nasty, abusive and accusative flaming from those who either take an atheistic stance, or corrupt their Christian profession with atheistic "theistic" evolution.

For me theistic evolution was a stepping stone to total belief in Scripture.  Like Jesus Christ Superstar, I have seen God use it to draw people closer to total surrender.  Just because I don't agree with a person doesn't mean that God isn't using that belief in a person's life.  Perhaps it is better to encourage that imperfect belief instead of shooting it down.  We probably hold some imperfect beliefs as well..  

5 hours ago, Paul James said:

Tell me this:   How you do you reconcile adding atheistic evolution into the Biblical record with your faith in Christ, seeing that God can have no fellowship with darkness - which is atheistic evolution?

I have had excellent teachers and college professors who did not teach it in a way that was confrontative or in any way antagonistic to Christianity since they were Christians themselves.   I was a nursing student with strong background in biological and social sciences.  As a student I hold fast to what is good and don't retain the trash.  In those days we were allowed to disagree with what was being taught and were praised for thinking for ourselves.  Like I have said, education has turned into brainwashing today.  I do reject any form of atheism that you all keep accusing me of.  I have never been an atheist but was an agnostic in grade school before I was saved.  Paul said he became all things to all people so that some might be saved.  To do that we can't indulge in  hateful accusations but reason together  in loving compassion for the lost.

Rom 12:9 Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

you all might find this video helpful. 

• Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, Willa said:

For me theistic evolution was a stepping stone to total belief in Scripture.  Like Jesus Christ Superstar, I have seen God use it to draw people closer to total surrender.  Just because I don't agree with a person doesn't mean that God isn't using that belief in a person's life.  Perhaps it is better to encourage that imperfect belief instead of shooting it down.  We probably hold some imperfect beliefs as well..  

What I don't understand that if evolution is a fairy story dreamed up by sinful rebels against God, how could it be an assist to Christian faith rather than just believing that Genesis 1-3 is literal history?   I wonder who people think God is?  If the Bible says that God is all-powerful, why don't people believe that He can create a whole universe and our world out of nothing in an instant of time without even raising a sweat?  And if He is easily able to do that, why did he do it over six 24 hour days and had the seventh as a day of rest?

I think that if people think that God had to use evolution to create the universe, He must be a very small God and not really all-powerful enough to do it just by telling it to happen in an instant of time.

1 hour ago, other one said:

you all might find this video helpful. 

This is one of the most worthwhile movies I have seen and best illustrates my understanding of evolution within species.  It is not godless at all.  I hope many of you who are not bigoted but desire to learn more truth will watch it.  It is quite long.  Thank you OO and Angels.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

13 hours ago, Paul James said:

Evolution was conceived through man's sinfulness and rebellion against God.  It is a deliberate attempt to put God right out of the picture.  It is because sinful and rebellious man wants to be their own god and not have to answer to a God who requires moral responsibility from mankind.  They don't want to even think about that there will be a day of judgment where they will have to give an account to God for the way they lived their lives.

We see this sinful rebellion in the acidic, flaming, abusive attacks from atheists on the forums where they are challenged with God's Word of truth.

This is why theistic evolution totally corrupts Christian faith, because it is inserting a belief which was born out of man's sinfulness and rebellion into the Christian profession.  We can't have light and darkness at the same time.  Atheistic "theistic" evolution snuffs out the light, and what remains is darkness;  and God does not have fellowship with the deeds of darkness.

Yet why do so many so-called 'Christians'  fall for the deception?

Is it simply and only because they do not turn everything , every thought , hope and dream, everything over to God ?

i.e. they hang on to 'sacred cows' type teachings, tickling their ears,  protecting something they don't want to turn over to God to believe God ?