Amigo42

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

For discussion, most Christian today eat unclean meats including pig, crayfish, lobster, and even some exotic creatures such as snakes.  However, how do those of you who do so justify eating unclean meats when the Bible so clearly lists those not to eat.  Before, you mention it.  I know that most people will say we're no longer under the law but under grace and that Peter had a vision that said it's ok to eat unclean meats now.  For the concept of being under grace, it's clear from the words of Jesus and Paul that this does not mean that Christians are free to sin willy nilly.  It's clear that God still expects us to obey His commandments not because of duty or legalism but rather  because we do so willingly out of love and devotion to God.  For the point about Peter's vision, there really isn't much to say about it because it not unambiguously clear.  The vision is not referring to anything literal at all in terms of eating.  It was symbolic to refer to accept the gentiles into the fold and not viewing them as unclean anymore from the Jews' perspective.  It is absolutely clear from the context.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Yea, Messiah said Himself not even the least command will pass from Torah, and no body ever lifted the dietary Laws(nor has the power to), we are not supposed to eat unclean meats, The word Food to a Jew means what God made Food, The garbage disposals of the earth. Like swine,catfish, shell fish, vultures etc. Are NOT food. 

Whenever you see verses talking about let no one judge you for what you eat or drink, usually talking about pagans judging them, and Gnostics who depraved there body who would say there "Feasting" during the feast was sinful, no one is saying to start eating the Garbage disposals of earth. 

The Bible is flawless from start to finish, our Diet the Father made, sets us apart from most people on earth, and is still Fully active for All His people.

Edited by Yishai
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

1Ti 4:3-5

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Eating unclean meats and Christian beliefs

Consumption of non-kosher meats do not adhere to Christian doctrine. Sorry for your confusion on that. Just saying. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

23 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Seems pretty unambiguous to me.

Yes, I see your point, but I think we fail to recognize that sometimes Paul even admitted But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. (1 Cor 7:12).  So, sometimes Paul is giving his commentary and not speaking on commandment from God.

In addition, the entire point is that Jesus was trying to affirm that legalism or keeping the law in and of itself doesn't save a person.  It is empty without the love of God.  He was stating that what one eats does not defile the soul, but sin defiles the soul.  He was NOT however giving blanket permission to disobey God's words that were already spoken and affirmed.

Edited by Amigo42

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

4 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

Yes, I see your point, but I think we fail to recognize that sometimes Paul even admitted But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. (1 Cor 7:12).  So, sometimes Paul is giving his commentary and not speaking on commandment from God.

In addition, the entire point is that he was trying to affirm that legalism or keeping the law in and of itself doesn't save a person.  It is empty without the love of God.  He was stating that what one eats does not defile the soul, but sin defiles the soul.  He was NOT however giving blanket permission to disobey God's words that were already spoken and affirmed.

If that's your conclusion, you didn't get the point at all.  The author of that passage was Mark....Paul had nothing to do with it, notwithstanding your example from Paul had nothing to do with the topic at all, and the fact the Spirit allowed Paul to write that for our benefit would seem to indicate the Spirit thought it was pretty good advice too....when it comes to marriage decisions...not dietary decisions. 

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1