• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

What is the testimony of Jesus?

I am reading the book of Revelation again. And this verse arrested my attention:

The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy (19:10). What does the spirit of Prophecy say? The spirit and the bride say Come, Come Lord Jesus Come.

It’s ok to pray for the government, it’s ok to pray for the nation, it’s ok to pray for Israel. But the spirit of prophecy is to say Come Lord Jesus, Come. How much are we LONGING for his return? This is not just end time doctrine. It is apostolic Christianity . In the book of Acts chapters 1-3 we have the great apostolic commission. Acts 1- the gospel is to go into all the world: worldwide evangelism and discipleship. Act 2- Solemn assemblies for a worldwide outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Acts 3- the restoration of all things since creation as spoken by the prophets (Acts 3:21). We are called to restore all things, not just taking the gospel in all the world, not just praying for a worldwide outpouring of the Holy Spirit  but to restore all things that have gone wrong since the fall.

Only when the King comes will all things that have gone wrong after the fall will be fully restored. We are to hasten the coming of the day of the Lord by longing for his return . The spirit and the bride must cry out : come Lord Jesus.  Otherwise the heaven must retain Him.

I don't think that the church is really longing for his return. Some are longing to go to heaven but the ACHING LONGING for Him to come and become ruler of kings over the nations here on the earth and to restore back all things that have gone wrong since the fall is not there. Jesus taught us to pray thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.

THE DOUBLE BLESSINGS in book of Psalms

The book has A UNIQUE DESIGN to convey a unique message Psalm one and two gives us an introduction what the book of Psalm is all about.

With these two Psalm we see that there is a double blessing. There is a blessing for delighting in the Torah and there is a blessings for praying and longing for the day when this Messianic king will rules the earth as ruler of kings and cause God’s kingdom his righteousness truth humility to explode in all the earth.

These two Psalm together tells us that the book of Psalms is meant to be the language of prayer in songs for God’s people as they seek to be faithful to the commands of the Torah and as they long and hope for the Messianic kingdom. God’s wants his people to come in agreement with Him to usher in the reign of this King who will rule all the earth from Zion. He has given us the language of prayer in songs so that we can come into agreement with His heart as to how to pray the LORDS prayer “thy kingdom come “.

But the church is not yet on an eschatological level yet. She has not yet entered into the double blessings of the books of Psalms.

DOUBLE BLESSINGS

For myself, I am praying for MORE of the spirit of prophecy. I want the DOUBLE blessing.

Edited by Worship Warriors
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

@Worship Warriors

Interesting understanding of the understanding of the question; 

“What is the testimony of Jesus”

Will have to chew on it a bit before God... I’ve always thought of the testimony of Jesus as the life of Christ in us, which I’ve always considered to be the Spirit of Prophecy??  

But new light, new understanding is the way forward to growth..

So to Him do I look for new light, be blessed, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Not me

The book of Revelation is a book of prophecy from beginning to the end. Chapter 1 _ those who hear and keep the words of this prophecy are blessed and chapter 19- The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

The Lord wants to come. He is not just a king. He is a bridegroom king. He has deep desire. In Revelation, he is at war to have his own wedding. It's the prophetic church that will bring him back as she cries out : make haste my beloved and be thou as a roe or a young hart upon the mountain of spices and the spirit and the bride say come.

He comes in response of his bride crying out to him : even so come Lord Jesus.

Not me, How would you like to have a bride who does not even long for her wedding day ? 

Edited by Worship Warriors

This is off the topic. But people are going crazy here for fear of the virus. Since Australia has stopped trading with China , people in panic  are stocking up toilet paper and many other things

When you go shopping, half the shelves in the supermarket are empty. No toilet paper anywhere. When they do have the supply, people are hoarding them leaving nothing for others . It's happening in every state in Australia.

That's what happen when you don't know the Lord. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Worship Warriors said:

@Not me

The book of Revelation is a book of prophecy from beginning to the end. Chapter 1 _ those who hear and keep the words of this prophecy are blessed and chapter 19- The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

The Lord wants to come. He is not just a king. He is a bridegroom king. He has deep desire. In Revelation, he is at war to have his own wedding. It's the prophetic church that will bring him back as she cries out : make haste my beloved and be thou as a roe or a young hart upon the mountain of spices and the spirit and the bride say come.

He comes in response of his bride crying out to him : even so come Lord Jesus.

Not me, How would you like to have a bride who does not even long for her wedding day ? 

Hi, hope all things are well with you and Christ is blessing you in all your goings out and coming in..

Like I said, I find your understanding a interesting way of looking at it?  I can only go to God for a confirmation...

Scripture does say the “testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy”

Prophecy being, calling those things before they happen or calling those things that are not as though they are... Is not this what the life of God does or can do? So being in possession of the life of Christ in us would that not make the life of Christ in us the Spirit of Prophecy?  

But I am no way saying your understanding is not correct or valid, it is just new to me.. Which in itself is a good thing for learning and growing in the knowledge of God is what we as His  children are called to..

Jesus’s desire to be wedded to His bride is a turn of phrase I am unaccustomed to....Doesn’t make it wrong, just new to me....I am familiar with the terms, Spirit of Love (God’s desire towards mankind) and the Spirit of Prayer (man’s desire towards God)  same desire as being wedded, just described using different words...

The thought we can speed up His return by praying for it does seem to be the understanding of the prayer “Come quickly Lord Jesus” for why pray if the desire for the answer is lacking??

Anyways things to ponder before God...

Be blessed as He makes Himself larger and more real in us daily, Not me