IGNORED

Can you find any examples in the New Testament where the Holy Spirit taught someone directly who was not an Apostle?s in the New Testament where the Holy Spirit taught someone directly who was not an Apostle?

Daniel Marsh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

Be sure not to miss the point of 1 John 2: 26-27 as it seems you do in the thread you linked, and by your comments here, Daniel. 

The Word of God can be physically heard by anyone with ears without it being believed, but no-one can believe the Word of God unless they are quickened by the Spirit.

Amen!.......Just like Lydia, “ the seller of purple”......God opened her heart to receive the Gospel.... “Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw him.”

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, Daniel Marsh said:

Those are good examples of the Holy Spirit teaching through a Christian to non believers.    I am looking for where Non Apostles were taught by the Holy Spirit who were born of the Spirit aka Christians.   Those texts are great.

Every example I gave is exactly that case.  Non-apostles who taught the church from what God taught them.

-Pv-

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/10/2020 at 10:24 AM, Daniel Marsh said:

Can you find any examples in the New Testament where the Holy Spirit taught someone directly who was not an Apostle?

This seems to be an easy question and very easy to know the answer.. 

And many reminded you of the scriptures you know and you knew before you posted the question.. They correctly answer the question...not only in theory but also with examples..  

The Holy Spirit teaches all men...without their permission and the dangerous part with... 

What do you really want to asked...

Something the disciples did not correctly understand...or something it was not revealed to them....

It's good you asked...

Many take the liberty to say many things from their position...people thing that Jesus approves when Jesus does not....because they prosecute those who question...that does not mean they were in the truth....just they do not want to find out if they misunderstood something...that they need to be corrected.  

Perhaps the Holy Spirit asked them to say something because someone who heard knew better....and he intents to asked them to review their statement...

Make it simple....change your question if it misleads the people....

They gave you the correct answers that they know..they participated....do not offend them...they did not ignored you or your post.   

Jesus has died..

The Holy Spirit is teaching all men...believers and those who have not yet believe...

The evil spirit also teaches all men...in the same way...those who believe to distort and doubt.. and make them believe they hear from Jesus.  And those who have denied the Gospel how to defend their denial.  

And it also has his own missionaries who are dedicated to win back those who Jesus took from them....and are using scriptures from the bible...

If the devil can so much Jesus can...who posseses the gates of his enemies including the Devil....

If the Devil tries to teach the children of Jesus Christ to distort what they believe.. What about Jesus can he not teach his own children and the children of the Devil to seek him and come to his knowledge...he can do with our help and without.   

Edited by Your closest friendnt
Spellings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

42 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Be sure not to miss the point of 1 John 2: 26-27 as it seems you do in the thread you linked, and by your comments here, Daniel. 

The Word of God can be physically heard by anyone with ears without it being believed, but no-one can believe the Word of God unless they are quickened by the Spirit.

1 John 2:26-27 The Passion Translation (TPT)
26 I’ve written these things about those who are attempting to lead you astray. 27 But the wonderful anointing you have received from God[a] is so much greater than their deception and now lives in you. There’s no need for anyone to keep teaching you. His anointing teaches you all that you need to know, for it will lead you into truth, not a counterfeit. So just as the anointing has taught you, remain in him

1 John 2:26-27 The Message (MSG)
26-27 I’ve written to warn you about those who are trying to deceive you. But they’re no match for what is embedded deeply within you—Christ’s anointing, no less! You don’t need any of their so-called teaching. Christ’s anointing teaches you the truth on everything you need to know about yourself and him, uncontaminated by a single lie. Live deeply in what you were taught.

The context of the text is a specific situation related to discernment,  not direct teaching of doctrine like Paul claimed he got.

35 minutes ago, -Pv- said:

Every example I gave is exactly that case.  Non-apostles who taught the church from what God taught them.

-Pv-

Thank You,  I am trying for examples like Paul being directly taught by the Holy Spirit without a person teaching him. 

20 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This seems to be an easy question and very easy to know the answer.. 

And many reminded you of the scriptures you know and you knew before you posted the question.. They correctly answer the question...not only in theory but also with examples..  

The Holy Spirit teaches all men...without their permission and the dangerous part with... 

What do you really want to asked...

Something the disciples did not correctly understand...or something it was not revealed to them....

It's good you asked...

Many take the liberty to say many things from their position...people thing that Jesus approves when Jesus does not....because they prosecute those who question...that does not mean they were in the truth....just they do not want to find out if they misunderstood something...that they need to be corrected.  

Perhaps the Holy Spirit asked them to say something because someone who heard knew better....and he intents to asked them to review their statement...

Make it simple....change your question if it misleads the people....

They gave you the correct answers that they know..they participated....do not offend them...they did not ignored you or your post.   

Jesus has died..

The Holy Spirit is teaching all men...believers and those who have not yet believe...

The evil spirit also teaches all men...in the same way...those who believe to distort and doubt.. and make them believe they hear from Jesus.  And those who have denied the Gospel how to defend their denial.  

And it also has his own missionaries who are dedicated to win back those who Jesus took from them....and are using scriptures from the bible...

If the devil can so much Jesus can...who possess the gates of his enemies including the Devil....

If the Devil tries to teach the children of Jesus Christ to distort what they believe.. What about Jesus can he not teach his own children and the children of the Devil to seek him and come to his knowledge...he can do with our help and without.   

What is the better way to ask the question?   Thanks, Daniel

If I have offended anyone,  I apologize. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Marsh said:

1 John 2:26-27 The Passion Translation (TPT)
26 I’ve written these things about those who are attempting to lead you astray. 27 But the wonderful anointing you have received from God[a] is so much greater than their deception and now lives in you. There’s no need for anyone to keep teaching you. His anointing teaches you all that you need to know, for it will lead you into truth, not a counterfeit. So just as the anointing has taught you, remain in him

1 John 2:26-27 The Message (MSG)
26-27 I’ve written to warn you about those who are trying to deceive you. But they’re no match for what is embedded deeply within you—Christ’s anointing, no less! You don’t need any of their so-called teaching. Christ’s anointing teaches you the truth on everything you need to know about yourself and him, uncontaminated by a single lie. Live deeply in what you were taught.

The context of the text is a specific situation related to discernment,  not direct teaching of doctrine like Paul claimed he got.

Thank You,  I am trying for examples like Paul being directly taught by the Holy Spirit without a person teaching him. 

What is the better way to ask the question?   Thanks, Daniel

If I have offended anyone,  I apologize. 

Not to worry...I did not mean anything like that...meant to say something else just ignore it...

Maybe its me to misunderstand what you wanted to say....all it's good. 

One day someone asked me...can the donkey speak...referring to the story in the old Testament...

I said I have believed most of my life that the donkey spoke...because that what is written....

But after examining not any more....

The prophet said that the donkey talk to him.....at first ....we do not know if later on he review the event...and he realized that the Angel talk to him..on behalf of the donkey...

And when he heard the voice the prophet only can see the donkey and not the Angel yet..

They wrote that the donkey talk.... This is a truth fact that someone wrote that the donkey talk...

We know that the Angel was there and we know that the angel can speak without being seen...and as he was standing in front of the donkey...it may be perceived that the donkey said those words....

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

"

I said I have believed most of my life that the donkey smoke...because that what is written....

But after examining not any more....

The prophet said that the donkey talk to him.....at first ....we do not know if later on he review the event...and he realized that the Angel talk to him..on behalf of the donkey...

And when he heard the voice the prophet only can see the donkey and not the Angel yet.."

You are picking at a fine thread in a tapestry and trying to second guess missing the purpose of the passage that God sent a message using an angel using a donkey's voice.  This is stranger to you than a burning bush speaking?

God will use whatever it takes to rescue us including leaving the 99 sheep to find the 1 who is lost.

"

What is the better way to ask the question?"

There is a basic assumption here that the apostle Paul was ONLY taught within his mind or soul through divine intervention.  This is not true.  SAUL was a pharisee in the Sanhedrin taught all his life from the scriptures.  He knew them well.  When he converted just like the rest of us, he was confronted with the misconceptions and hypocrisy concerning how the scriptures were interpreted.  Paul was in Damascus for three days before Ananias came to him.  It was days later before he started preaching and 2-3 YEARS before his first visit to Jerusalem.  All during this time he was in constant fellowship with believers.  It was a YEAR after conversion before he started his first missionary journey to Galatia.  I see no reason at all to assume he learned everything he knew only by divine intervention just as Peter was also a product of his human instruction and living with Jesus.  If anything, some examples I provided may outshine Paul in some respects.

Did Saul have a divine encounter with Jesus?  Yes as do we all.

A better question?  One which gives you the answer you need, not the one you want.

-Pv-

Edited by -Pv-
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

read to here

read to here

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

what is the spirit 

GODS words are not debatable --- THEY  ARE  TRUTH

JOHN 6:63  it is --THE  SPIRIT  THAT  QUICKENETH-- the flesh profiteth nothing -- THE  WORDS  THAT  I  SPEAK  UNTO  YOU -- THEY  ARE  SPIRIT -- AND  THEY  ARE  LIFE

JOHN 3:3  JESUS  answered and said unto him verily verily I say unto thee except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of  GOD

1 PETER 1:22  seeing you have purified your souls in ---OBEYING  THE  TRUTH  THROUGH  THE  SPIRIT---unto unfeigned love of the brethren see that you love one another with a pure heart fervently ---1:23---BEING  BORN  AGAIN--- not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible --- BY  THE  WORD  OF  GOD --- which liveth and abideth forever 

EPHESIANS 5:9  FOR  THE  FRUIT  OF  THE  SPIRIT  IS  IN  ALL  GOODNESS  AND  RIGHTEOUSNESS  AND  TRUTH

EPHESIANS  6:17  AND  TAKE  THE  HELMET  OF  SALVATION  AND  THE  SWORD  OF  THE  SPIRIT  WHICH  IS  THE  WORD  OF  GOD 

ACTS 1:1  THE  FORMER  TREATISE  HAVE  I  MADE  O  THEOPHILUS  OF  ALL  THAT  JESUS  BEGAN  BOTH  TO  DO  AND  TEACH  ---1:2---  UNTIL  THE  DAY  IN  WHICH  HE  WAS  TAKEN  UP  AFTER  THAT  HE  THROUGH  THE  HOLY  SPIRIT  HAD  GIVEN  COMMANDMENTS  UNTO  THE  APOSTLES  WHOM  HE  HAD  CHOSEN

JOHN 12:49  for I have not spoken of myself but --THE FATHER--which sent  ME  HE  gave  ME  a commandment what I should say and what I should speak ---12:50---and I know that  HIS  commandment is life everlasting whatsoever I speak therefore even as --THE  FATHER-- said unto  ME  so I speak

JOHN 3:34  for  HE  whom  GOD  hath sent speaketh the words of  GOD  for  GOD  giveth not the spirit by measure unto  HIM

JOHN 3:35  THE  FATHER  LOVETH  THE  SON  AND  HATH  GIVEN  --ALL  THINGS-- INTO  HIS  HAND

ROMANS 1:28  and even as they did not like to retain  GOD  in their knowledge --GOD-- gave them over to a reprobate mind to do those things which are not convenient ---1:29--- being filled with all unrighteousness fornication wickedness maliciousness full of envy murder ---DEBATE--- deceit malignity whisperers 

ROMANS 15:18  FOR  I  WILL  NOT  DARE  TO  SPEAK  OF  ANY  OF  THOSE  THINGS  WHICH  CHRIST  HATH  NOT  WROUGHT  BY  ME  TO  MAKE  THE  GENTILES  --OBEDIENT  BY  WORD  AND  DEED--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

Luke 24:26–27 (ESV): 26 Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

In the scriptures in Luke 24:26,27 we see Jesus after two or about two to three days or so after the resurrection teaching two of his disciples, on the road to Emmaus, one named Cleopas and another one, who were not among the twelve...

These two disciples knew the scriptures very well, and Jesus beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

Jesus from that time on after the resurrection till his ascension continue to teach all his disciples not just the twelve..(we know that it was minus Judas), but we still say the twelve to referred to the most inner circle...

They disciples did not record down what Jesus was teaching them..

But Jesus said: the Holy Spirit will bring everything you have heard from me to your remembrance....

The Holy Spirit will take from me and bring it to you....

You will receive the Holy Spirit which it comes from the Father in my name....only believers in Jesus Christ are given the Holy Spirit to be with them in a special way as when Jesus was with them...as their Helper and Counselor.... 

The Holy Spirit can work for anyone on earth not only for believers but also unbelievers who seek to know about Jesus Christ...if it is truth about Jesus....

Jesus guides and heals not only believers but also  unbelievers today as he healed unbelievers before the Cross and with the disciples after the Cross...

Jesus has died the earth is his...he died for all, so he can be the Lord of all.

Jesus said to them: when I go away the Holy Spirit will to you.   Anything the Holy Spirit tells you is if I am hear with you and I tell you....it is the Spirit of Truth...

Whatever Jesus Christ teach you or the Holy Spirit and you tell others is if me or the Holy Spirit is teaching them....

It is the same as when we call our Heavenly Father our SAVIOR...we know that Jesus is our Savior....but because the Heavenly Father orchestrated our Salvation through his Son Jesus Christ...we thank him for his love for us and without him Jesus will never come to earth to Save us....

..John 3:16, reads: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting...

Jesus said to his disciples....do not let your heart trouble you....I have many things to tell you, which I can not tell you now, but when the Holy Spirit comes he will lead you to the truth and tell you all things you need to know..  

when the disciples teach the people what the Holy Spirit had teach them......even if at that time was not a direct interaction with the Holy Spirit as in the of Peter speaking to Cornilious family.    

but they give a message out of the things the Holy Spirit taught them....it still is a message or a teaching from the Holy Spirit....

For Paul Jesus Christ among other things because he had him on  special mission he took him away from every one in the dessert to teach him what Jesus wanted him to know....He equipped him for special missions....

we do not know everything the Holy Spirit has done and whom and when he teach on his own or Jesus Christ discretion...for that reason we cannot satisfy you with the question as it is....Jesus has all these information....

but you may say as it was that time so it is still today....as Jesus decides...as he wills....

as we have questions and we need answers which very often are lock in scripture or the stories or prophesies in the scriptures....The Holy Spirit will guide us and open our understanding to see what we need to know in the Holy Scriptures....

this is teaching from the Holy Spirit....

to Paul he said: do not leave the city of Corinthians...." I have many people here", referring to those who had responded to the Holy Spirit and were longing to hear the good news of the Gospel....what they wanted and looking for it was in the message of the Gospel...not believers yet but cultivated ground....