• Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

39 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

That is panic and unfounded.

As they say google it-

Been there in the past. It gets pretty grim. Details are not for the weak stomached for sure. It is a real issue that is being not only talked about but acted upon.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

22 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

In that case I guess everyone should stock up with toilet paper and hide out at least 14 days at the same time. Then the disease would stop.

toilet paper is just a simple example of how totally unprepared most people are concerning any potential problems.   Same thing happens with Ice storms here....      I do most of my shopping at Walmart early in the mornings....   and just about every Tuesday morning at Walmart here the toilet paper and paper towel racks are virtually empty....    every Tuesday...   and this is because most stores only carry an inventory for a week...    So if just a few people decide to buy their normal purchase a bit early the shelves run dry....   and that is exactly what happened here.    It's not an all out panic just an inventory shortfall.

Our government tells us that we should be prepared to not go anywhere for one to two weeks all the time....   for any number of emergencies that regularly happen and most people that I know don't.....   so we have these symptoms that people make a huge deal out of so called panic while the real dangers go untalked about...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Braggadociousness is not a helpful trait when dealing with diseases. It is not panic to cooperate with government agencies, it is expected of Christians. It is also commanded by God:

Romans 13 English Standard Version (ESV)

Submission to the Authorities

13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,  for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.  For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing.  Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

Once again don't see where I have gone against a posted law, at least no police are at my door, so... so far so good.  Unless you are talking about the panic police then I seeing of this in this forum.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Toilet paper is the only thing keeping people civil. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962

..."And he ( Satan) took him ( Jesus) to Jerusalem and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down from here, 10 for it is written,

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
    to guard you,’

and

“‘On their hands they will bear you up,
    lest you strike your foot against a stone.’”

And Jesus answered him, “It is said, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’” And when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from him until an opportune time."

Perhaps this is such a time for Satan to sucker some into tempting God by their bravado standing on their own wisdom rather than listening to the elders and overseers and government kings appointed by God Himself.

24 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Sounds like deep fear to me. A whistling in the dark. 

Sorry you lost me on that one.

1 minute ago, Tigger56 said:

Sorry you lost me on that one.

I bet I did. Anyway this is becoming a vain argument. May God protect you and yours Amen.

Just now, Neighbor said:

I bet I did. Anyway this is becoming a vain argument. May God protect you and yours Amen.

Don't be so hard on yourself, I didn't see much vanity in you at all.

• Haha 1

Its been fun, but I need to go out and get some things done and no getting toilet paper isn't one of those needs.

I will share a couple of things. Jesus Christ and the apostles didn't shy away from leprosy though it was a horrible disease. Those inflicted had to ring a bell and warn others of their condition. They would approach them and heal them. I will never shy away from those in need. In all my years as a minister I have never caught anything from anyone I have anointed. God is mighty and merciful. I am asking for a little common sense, a little bit of perspective and little bit of faith.

A number of years ago I met with a man that greatly desired to be baptized. He was on an oxygen tank, very sickly and frail. He was to have a foot amputed in a few days due to infection and he knew he may not survive the surgery. I walked in cold water in a swimming pool. Only he and his wife and my wife were there with me. I helped him into the cold water and while shivering and with a bandaged foot he sought the Lord's cleansing and forgiveness. I submerged him into the water and then after leaving the pool I laid hands upon him. He was to call me when he was to go in for the surgery, instead he called me the next morning. He was crying and praising the Lord. His foot had totally been healed and his breathing had greatly improved. There is a God and he still performs miracles. So I will continue to serve and I will not be deterred by panic and fear.

s

• Loved it! 1

Hey this is the year of the USA census too it is in my mail box already according to the postal service e-mail I get about ths snail mail I am about to receive each day..

Yikes I have to to fill out that thing yet again! I got selected for the special census  just last year, or was it two years ago, I know they pursued me relentlessly for most of the year threatening me with everything  but a public hanging, yet I was not going to comply! Well not before I read God's command to me to obey government for He has appointed to over me. I filled it out and mailed it in. Still got threatening notices for some time afterward. oh well sometime in the future Ancestry .com will be selling that information  to those that think I was in their family tree. And won't they be thrilled to know that?