IGNORED

California seniors told to stay home! Restaurants closed!

Debp

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/16/2020 at 4:55 AM, ladypeartree said:

The world has gone insane. Our government have said they plan to imprison over 70 year olds in their own home for 4 months BUT are letting prisoners ...criminals free to avoid contamination spreading and to free up the prisons for the elderly and possibly sick that will be imprisoned  for being free ????????

My next door neighbour is 73 and as fit as a fiddle … he walks an average of 10 miles a day , loves to go out for meals ( and can afford to do so ) and hates to be stuck indoors. He doesn't have and doesn't understand computers so couldn't use one to order food on lie for delivery  and lives alone with no close relatives ( his nearest relative is a cousin he hasn't seen in over 20 years ) and all his friends would be in the same position of being over 70 so how is he meant to feed himself ?

Maybe it could be seen as a good thing as all our house of lords would be confined to their homes along with a good number of the house of commons  BUT since they didn't follow the rules of self isolating when one of their own was diagnosed as positive to the virus after attending a mass rally ( political naturally ) what gives them the right to demand it of citizens who haven't even shown any sign of being ill nor been in contact with others who have ????  

End times ??????   It certainly feels that way :th_praying:

You do realize that the reason for this is to try to keep the elderly from getting the coronavirus and  possibly dieing.  This is not an attack on the elderly.  The elderly are the most vulnerable to this virus. This is why nursing homes are not allowing face to face visits at this time.  As for your neighbour who may need help getting meals and food. Maybe that is where you can step in.  I don't know how else to explain it. It is not a punishment on the old. It is what needs to be done to keep people alive. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

On 3/16/2020 at 2:19 PM, missmuffet said:

No one panics during flu season. 

That is because we have a flu vaccine. This isn't the flu. Go educate yourself please.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

On 3/16/2020 at 2:40 PM, BeauJangles said:

If it's for euthanasia purposes, please don't tempt me. 

What! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,232
  • Content Per Day:  1.16

I feel so sad that all the churches have to shut their doors to the public. And all our nation's are sufferings. But God will take take of his own. I have complete peace in my heart , so I have not storred much food. But my unsaved neighbour did. He tells me how his cupboard is so full. 

My usual habit before the virus is to purchase  a large bag of 5kg rice and mix it with fresh vegetable and grain .  That will last me for a long time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,744
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/16/2020 at 2:19 PM, missmuffet said:

No one panics during flu season.

Hi, Thinking about that one a bit I realized, hey wait a minute my doctor sure hits me with the absolute necessity for me to get up to date on the latest flu shots, and when I need other preventatives as well. Every drug store has set up to give the shots too. Maybe it isn't panic, but I would say  it is  an excited endemic concern. And at the Christian school I worked at panic would describe what happens in flu outbreaks.

I'm not panicked about COVID-19. But I am sure sick as is my wife so we are self isolating.  I do want as much information as I can receive so that I do not cause anyone else to have to suffer from anything I may contract. That is not panic, least I don't think it is. Today,  or actually yesterday now at this hour, we began  to feel really good for the first time in nine days. There is no way to be tested here yet. I did go to the doctor and got some Cipro which has really helped alot.

Take care .

7 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

You reacted negatively to my response regarding this post... how did I offend you this time? 

I'll bet you'll react negatively to this one as well. By all means, engage in whatever behavior you wish my friend. There's no way for people on this forum to ignore you so I'm sure you're having a swell time with that. You did this to me the last time, @Neighbor… you acted offensively and there was no means of redress to address YOUR actions. Reporting your posts and your conduct has always been a waste of time... so go ahead, keep acting out because it only goes to show where your own issues lie. Have a good night.

Hi Dusty Road,

Sorry that you are not feeling very well.  Hope you get to feeling better and will be back to your more jovial and interesting self very soon.

In the meantime yes I do wish you might change your tone of personal attack especially on ladies.  I have used the please stop fighting symbol because it seems a polite way  of asking  a person to look at what they are doing and  ask them to please change the manner they are presently posting.  

Praying for you to feel better.

37 minutes ago, Worship Warriors said:

My usual habit before the virus is to purchase  a large bag of 5kg rice and mix it with fresh vegetable and grain .  That will last me for a long time.

Yep rice is good. We bought it in smaller bags but still a good way to have provisions. I did the oatmeal purchase to counteract the affect rice has on me. LOL

We also went to CNG and bought  a couple cases of Lean Shake plus some vitamins, C especially.

And I just broke into my own frozen turkey broth supply, opened up some frozen cooked turkey, and now have a couple gallons of turkey soup  prepared for us. not bad tasting I really enjoyed it this last evening. Good on my raspy throat too.I also keep powdered energy drink on hand and low or no sugar Pure energy bars on hand.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Debp said:

I never have used Amazon.   A friend offered to buy us some supplies but I heard Amazon leaves packages in the lobby....this is a 74 unit

Hi again. I have found the tracking system to be very good. I can tell when the truck is in the area, I can modify my delivery instructions,  and get notification  right up to delivery. Both Amazon and UPS seem very good that way. You might give it a try with a small order, or ask others in the apartments how it has worked for them I suppose.

I do think of you  living in LA often, sure wish you had been able to get away from there. But will continue to pray for many angels to surround you and your mom.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

That is because we have a flu vaccine. This isn't the flu. Go educate yourself please.   

Only 45% of people were vaccinated for the flu in 2019. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Debp said:

Grocery stores are now limiting their hours.   I went to the crowded market yesterday, neighbor took me.....shelves empty or hardly any food on shelves.   Some food I had was confiscated at checkout (even though there were no signs limiting how many you could buy).   So I came home with very little food....six frozen dinners (for two of us), crackers, cream cheese, almond milk, cookies and cat food.

Went to the nearby Asian restaurant last night, got three to go dinners to last us a couple of days, so spent $25 again.    A neighbor today bought us a Subway Sandwich since I am a senior citizen and not supposed to go out.   But I will have to go out at times for food, and to get cash to reimburse neighbors.

I never have used Amazon.   A friend offered to buy us some supplies but I heard Amazon leaves packages in the lobby....this is a 74 unit building and sometimes things used to disappear.   I might ask a friend to order a few things for us....she has a home, to get the package.   Maybe her husband would drop some stuff off for us.

The grocery stores are practically closed down now....food is very scarce here.   

Our grocery stores are doing very well. A lot better than the restaurants. They are losing a lot of money. They are limited items that are very popular to three items a grocery cart. But that does not stop the whole family for getting a shopping cart.