IGNORED

Does this make sense? (How not to handle Corona Virus)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,314
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Last night the management of our building gave all apartments a long, detailed notice on our doors.   It was all about social distancing, not congregating on patio, washing hands, etc.   Very detailed in how to behave during this Corona Virus crisis.

They said maintenance wouldn't be done except for emergency things like leaks, floods, electric or stove repairs.

So imagine my surprise....this morning, a worker knocked on my door and wanted to plaster my bathroom walls!!   I told him we got a notice about no work being done because of the virus.   So he left.

Then I phoned the manager.   He then told me the plasterer was necessary work to be done.   Now this work of plumbing holes in the bathroom has been going on for months.   We have received many notices of workers supposed to come...and they never showed up!

So now that we are supposed to stay inside (especially senior citizens) and avoid contact with people....now is when they finally send the plasterer!!   He has contact with many people....whereas my elderly mother and myself are staying inside as advised.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Now not the time to have work men in your apartment. Dont let them. They can spread it all over your place. Stay home for now. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Debp said:

Last night the management of our building gave all apartments a long, detailed notice on our doors.   It was all about social distancing, not congregating on patio, washing hands, etc.   Very detailed in how to behave during this Corona Virus crisis.

They said maintenance wouldn't be done except for emergency things like leaks, floods, electric or stove repairs.

So imagine my surprise....this morning, a worker knocked on my door and wanted to plaster my bathroom walls!!   I told him we got a notice about no work being done because of the virus.   So he left.

Then I phoned the manager.   He then told me the plasterer was necessary work to be done.   Now this work of plumbing holes in the bathroom has been going on for months.   We have received many notices of workers supposed to come...and they never showed up!

So now that we are supposed to stay inside (especially senior citizens) and avoid contact with people....now is when they finally send the plasterer!!   He has contact with many people....whereas my elderly mother and myself are staying inside as advised.

I don't think the maintance guy needed to do the plastering. Especially with what is going on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Now not the time to have work men in your apartment. Dont let them. They can spread it all over your place. Stay home for now. 

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I don't think the maintance guy needed to do the plastering. Especially with what is going on. 

I agree, but this management company is very strange since they took over five years ago!  Always doing stressful things to tenants.

The plasterer is supposed to come today.    Now my friend has the virus....see my prayer request here at Worthy....so that makes me more leery of having workmen in, that they might spread it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 3/20/2020 at 12:25 AM, Debp said:

Likely they did not have any other work to do.    The other day someone knock on my door.   I looked through the window wearing a mask.   They left quick.    I found out later that they were trying to do the Census.  

• Haha 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 3/20/2020 at 5:59 AM, Debp said:

I agree, but this management company is very strange since they took over five years ago!  Always doing stressful things to tenants.

The plasterer is supposed to come today.    Now my friend has the virus....see my prayer request here at Worthy....so that makes me more leery of having workmen in, that they might spread it.

Contact a Lawyer.   That Management Company needs to be put in their place --- especially since this is a matter of life and death.   Also, keep a journal of their treatment of tenants that causes unnecessary stress. 

Edited by Daniel Marsh

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I would have said sure as long as you let me pull your tooth :happyhappy:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Hi Debp,

I would refuse to let the plasterer come into your house since you are correct he is in contact with many people and we want you and your mother to be completely protected from unnecessary contact. I recommend taking a picture of your bathroom walls so you have proof that the repairs are not urgent. Also, keep the notice they sent you and if they try to pressure you to let the plasterer inside. See the link for City resource that can probably assist you in Los Angeles:

https://hcidla.lacity.org/renters

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

Contact a Lawyer.   That Management Company needs to be put in their place --- especially since this is a matter of life and death.   Also, keep a journal of their treatment of tenants that causes unnecessary stress. 

Oh, I don't want the stress of contacting a lawyer.   

About three or so years ago, two gals in this building got a lawyer and created a big ruckus trying to get this apartment management to shape up.   They went around to all the apartments with a petition....got pages of signatures and complaints about this management company.

I do keep paperwork showing quite a few things they did wrongly to us, just in case I need it.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,783
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

If they come to the door just start coughing in front of them before they get inside I am willing to bet they wont put a foot inside your home ;)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2
  • Loved it! 1