• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, vic66 said:

The disciple trusted God by faith for their protect.  when Peter drew a sword to defend Jesus, Jesus commanded him to put up the sword for all who live by the sword will perish by the sword.(faith and trust in Christ is the Key for Christians)

Matthew 26:51-53
51 With that, one of Jesus' companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.
52 "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.
53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?"

Jesus did not want to be defended because He had come to be crucified. If He needed to be defended, God's legions of angels would handle the matter.

John 18:10-11
10 Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.
11 Then Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?"

In fact Jesus stated that His kingdom was not an earthly kingdom which needed to be defended physically. If it were an earthly kingdom He said that it would be perfectly just to defend it with physical force.

Jesus also instructed His Disciples;

Luke 22: 35-36;

35, And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. 
    36, Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 

Jesus said this because he would not be with them to supply their needs, and because the time had come when hospitality would be scarce due to the persecution of the new religion. It was not all right for them to make preparation for their journey in preaching the gospel.

Verse 36 must be taken literally as it meant protection from wild beasts and robbers that filled Judea, which, if the found them unprotected, would not hesitate to take their lives.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Matthew 26:51-53
51 With that, one of Jesus' companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.
52 "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.
53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?"

Jesus did not want to be defended because He had come to be crucified. If He needed to be defended, God's legions of angels would handle the matter.

John 18:10-11
10 Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.
11 Then Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?"

In fact Jesus stated that His kingdom was not an earthly kingdom which needed to be defended physically. If it were an earthly kingdom He said that it would be perfectly just to defend it with physical force.

Jesus also instructed His Disciples;

Luke 22: 35-36;

35, And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. 
    36, Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 

Jesus said this because he would not be with them to supply their needs, and because the time had come when hospitality would be scarce due to the persecution of the new religion. It was not all right for them to make preparation for their journey in preaching the gospel.

Verse 36 must be taken literally as it meant protection from wild beasts and robbers that filled Judea, which, if the found them unprotected, would not hesitate to take their lives.

after Christ resurrection their is no record of any apostle of Christ using weapons to resist their enemies they commended their lives to Christ 

2 minutes ago, vic66 said:

(second comment)if you look at Christ statement about taking swords, when the disciples brought two swords to him.(jesus) Christ  said 'it is enough' (I don't believe Christ meant two metal sword would be enough against a large band of soldiers who were sent to arrest him. Christ and all his apostles would have been slaughtered. )

Large bands of soldiers were not roaming Judea. The swords the disciples had were for their personal protection only, not to propogate the gospel or to attack anyone.

On 3/21/2020 at 1:36 AM, Figure of eighty said:

Talked to a friend and her significant other went to get a gun and said the lines were long. I also read about this in the news too --people purchasing guns. 

Do people need to be this afraid? 

Is it neglectful at this point to not have some form of protection with the way things are going? 

Watching the news now and theyre saying individuals who worked in 2018 and made under 95k get 1200.  Im not sure how it'll play out with people knowing everyone will be getting a check in the mail. 

Idk do you guys for see a possible surge in violence? 

Hi.

It is not neglectful at this point to not have some form of protection with the way things are going? Self defence is God ordained.

There is no denying it, self defence is God ordained, or these Scriptures would not be in His Word.

Luke 11:21-22;

V, 21 "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are
in peace.

V, 22 But when a stronger than he comes upon him and overcomes him, he takes from
him all his armour in which he trusted, and divides his spoils."

And how can the master of the house prevent his house from being broken into except that he use deadly force?

Luke 12:39, "But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the
thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken
into."

Which leads us back to Exodus 22:2, "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies,
there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed."

Gen 9:6, Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God made He man.

Pro. 25:26, A righteous man falling down before the wicked is a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring.

A man once said to me;  "No where does it say in Scripture that the apostles carried swords."

Here was my answer;

Luke 22:36, "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

And in Luke 22:38, "And they said, Lord, behold here are two swords. And He said unto them, It is enough."

God does not like His brethren to fall before the wicked;

Proverbs 25:26, "A righteous man falling down before the wicked is a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring."

In other words, Defend your selves Spiritually as well as physically.

A covenant made with Noah;

Genesis 9:6, Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

For perpetual generations.

Genesis 9: 12, And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,449
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

32 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

And how can the master of the house prevent his house from being broken into except that he use deadly force?

Luke 12:39, "But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the
thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken
into."

Totally taken out of context.  Read the entire chapter of luke 12 and get the full picture of what the Lord is saying.  

In the same chapter Luke 12:4  

And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

Edited by warrior12

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

May I paraphrase the words of the late Charlton Heston as he addressed the NRA many years ago ?

“I’ll give you my Toilet Paper when you pry it from my cold, dead hands”.   Lol........

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

Totally taken out of context.  Read the entire chapter of luke 12 and get the full picture of what the Lord is saying.  

In the same chapter Luke 12:4  

And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

In other words, be prepared for anything.  I'm not afraid of anyone killing my body, I will defend my body to the death.

I see you never picked this scripture.

Proverbs 25:26, "A righteous man falling down before the wicked is a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring."

Edited by HAZARD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 3/20/2020 at 9:36 AM, Figure of eighty said:

Talked to a friend and her significant other went to get a gun and said the lines were long. I also read about this in the news too --people purchasing guns.

Here in Texas, we been fully stocked since the Alamo. (remember that place?)

Shopping in Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7FDTpzGvo

Shop safe!

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Sower said:

Here in Texas, we been fully stocked since the Alamo. (remember that place?)

Shopping in Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7FDTpzGvo

Shop safe!

I remember. Here in Australia, this is what happens when unarmed people protest and the government of the day and the wealthy in league with the government do not approve.

On 16 December 1929, New South Wales Police drew their revolvers and shot into a crowd of locked-out miners in the New South Wales town of Rothbury in Australia, killing a 29-year-old miner, Norman Brown, and injuring approximately forty-five miners. The incident became known as the Rothbury affair or the Rothbury riot, and is described as the "bloodiest event in national industrial history."

I know of people who's fathers, grandfathers and children who worked 15 hour shifts, night and day. for starvation wages, 

As a retired coal miner I know the song about the murder of Norman Brown.

There was a very simple man,
Honest and quiet, yet he became
The mate of every working man,
And every miner knows his name.

Oh Norman Brown, oh Norman Brown
The murderin' coppers they shot him down,
They shot him down in Rothbury town,
A working man called Norman Brown.

"An honest man," the parson said,
And dropped the clods upon his head,
But honest man or not, he's dead
And that's the end of Norman Brown.

Coal bosses wiped their hands and sighed,
"It is a pity that he died."
It will inflame the countryside,
And all because of Norman Brown.

At pit-top meetings and on strike
In every little mining town,
When miners march for bread and rights
There marches honest Norman Brown.

He thunders at the pit-top strike,
His voice is in the women's tears,
With banner carried shoulder-high
He's singing down the struggling years.

A miner's pick is in his hand,
His song is shouted through the land,
A land that's free and broad and brown,
The land that bred us Norman Brown.

Oh Norman Brown, oh Norman Brown,
The murderin' coppers they shot him down.
They shot him down in Rothbury town,
To live forever ... Norman Brown.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,449
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

In other words, be prepared for anything.  I'm not afraid of anyone killing my body, I will defend my body to the death.

I see you never picked this scripture.

You have taken an "ANALOGY " and used it as an actual situation to suite your motive and want.  Look carefully at the verses preceding and and after  Luke 2:39 that you so taken out of context.     It is all about the believer being in readiness in his life of service to the Lord and not a physical preparation to preserve his own life.

Your interpretation of Luke 2:39 which you claim to basis for using " deadly force" as self defense is very  immature indeed.   

Luke 12 Amplified Bible (AMP)

41 Peter said, “Lord, are You addressing this parable to us [disciples], or to everyone else as well?”

12:22-40 Christ largely insisted upon this caution not to give way to disquieting, perplexing cares, Mt 6:25-34. The arguments here used are for our encouragement to cast our care upon God, which is the right way to get ease. As in our stature, so in our state, it is our wisdom to take it as it is. An eager, anxious pursuit of the things of this world, even necessary things, ill becomes the disciples of Christ. Fears must not prevail; when we frighten ourselves with thoughts of evil to come, and put ourselves upon needless cares how to avoid it. If we value the beauty of holiness, we shall not crave the luxuries of life. Let us then examine whether we belong to this little flock. Christ is our Master, and we are his servants; not only working servants, but waiting servants. We must be as men that wait for their lord, that sit up while he stays out late, to be ready to receive him. In this Christ alluded to his own ascension to heaven, his coming to call his people to him by death, and his return to judge the world. We are uncertain as to the time of his coming to us, we should therefore be always ready. If men thus take care of their houses, let us be thus wise for our souls. Be ye therefore ready also; as ready as the good man of the house would be, if he knew at what hour the thief would come.