• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, vic66 said:

So Vic, would you, with a weapon of some kind, defend someone from harm, possibly death,
if it was within your power to do so. Or Not.

Yes or no ?
I know what scripture says.
What do you say?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Sower said:

Yes or no ?
What do you say?

I don't own a Gun, it easier to shoot a man dead than it is to trust God by faith for most people. this comes easy for our fallen, carnal nature. (survival, me mysef and I)

Christians need the spirit and grace of God for dangerous and difficult situations.

To trust A unseen God by faith, intakes great confidence, hope and the Holy Spirit in dwelling

Edited by vic66

15 hours ago, Jostler said:

Actually, I think Jesus trusted God....and John.

fine

the apostles were wise as serpents yet as harmless as a doves

Edited by vic66

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

9 hours ago, Sower said:
16 hours ago, vic66 said:

So Vic, would you, with a weapon of some kind, defend someone from harm, possibly death,
if it was within your power to do so. Or Not.

Yes or no ?
What do you say?

30 minutes ago, vic66 said:

I don't own a Gun, it easier to shoot a man dead than it is to trust God by faith for most people. this comes easy for our fallen, carnal nature. (survival, me mysef and I)

So, can I assume the answer to my question, the one you have not answered,
is no, you would not defend someone from harm, with any weapon,  based upon your response, above?
If my assumption is incorrect, my apologies.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Years ago I was standing around after our church service talking with some folks and the subject of firearms came up.

One of the men, a newlywed, said he'd never own one, not even to defend his wife. She was standing right there, and it seemed she'd misunderstood.

"Honey," she laughed (but it was forced). "You mean you'd let some man rape me or kill our kids, and you'd not to anything to defend us?"

"Nope," he said. "I figure it would just be God's will, and it wouldn't be my place to stop it."

"Now Benny," one of the men said. "Surely you don't mean that."

"Every word," Benny said with a nod.

His wife took a step back, face white with shock. Then turning without another word, she walked away. Two days later she left him.

All that to say that any man, ANY man who thinks that way is either hooked up to hell, or an utter coward. Either way he isn't worth a bucket of warm spit.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

On 3/24/2020 at 4:13 PM, HAZARD said:

We know God allows it, but He did not create sin, sickness and disease. God planned to send His Son if Adam and Eve if they chose to believe the devil, which unfortunately they did.

The wise plan; before creation [Proverbs 8] was for God to send His Son to, die, and rise from death, that was the plan before Adam and Eve were created, as we can gather from scripture; Proverbs 8:23, Colossians 2:15-17-20, Rev 1:8,11,18, 5:1-5, Job 38:17. We all have free will because that was the plan.

God is not reacting to anything, that can't be the case if He is truly God. God is outside of all time, God created time, God created the very concept of wisdom, the concept of life and the concept of death, [Isaiah 45:5-7] there is nothing at all that God did not create, including each and every concept.  All is playing out exactly as He planned, in the end death will surely die and only life will remain. He planned on giving Adam and Eve free will and He planned on allowing the devil to figure out how to arrive in the garden, possessing the snake. He knew Adam and Eve would make a wrong choice, He knew the devil would pridefully choose to be evil.

He desires for His creation to love Him, freely. He is outside of time and therefore already knows everything that has happened inside of time,

but can relate to those inside of time, as if He is in time, because He experienced being subject to time as the Messiah.

God planned on conquering death for all of His creation, by taking death head on via the Messiah. Glory Hallelujah! Up from the grave He arose! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

17 hours ago, vic66 said:

Christians need the spirit and grace of God for dangerous and difficult situations.

To trust A unseen God by faith, intakes great confidence, hope and the Holy Spirit in dwelling

Do you think this is a bit wreckless? We could keep going and say because I trust God Im going to leave my door unlocked at night or juggle knives. 

Idk I see nothing wrong bearing arms..or not. Everything within reason.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

On 3/26/2020 at 5:49 PM, vic66 said:

Peter had wife and mother in law, Jesus also had a mother but they still preached and trusted God to take care of them after they were gone.

If you can show from sciripture where Christ or the apostle justifies Christian revenged or extreme violent force then, please do?

Not one person on this thread has said, Christ or the apostle justifies Christian revenged or extreme violent force. We are saying self defence is biblical.

Can you show us where Christ or the apostles said or taught, if someone attacks you with intent to kill you, rapes your daughters, and or kills them, and steals all your valuables, just turn your back, stand by and don't interfere in any way?

On 3/27/2020 at 2:31 AM, John Robinson said:

Years ago I was standing around after our church service talking with some folks and the subject of firearms came up.

One of the men, a newlywed, said he'd never own one, not even to defend his wife. She was standing right there, and it seemed she'd misunderstood.

"Honey," she laughed (but it was forced). "You mean you'd let some man rape me or kill our kids, and you'd not to anything to defend us?"

"Nope," he said. "I figure it would just be God's will, and it wouldn't be my place to stop it."

"Now Benny," one of the men said. "Surely you don't mean that."

"Every word," Benny said with a nod.

His wife took a step back, face white with shock. Then turning without another word, she walked away. Two days later she left him.

All that to say that any man, ANY man who thinks that way is either hooked up to hell, or an utter coward. Either way he isn't worth a bucket of warm spit.

My answer would be different, we serve an all powerful God .

Serveral times they tried to slay or stone Jesus  to death and the only time they succeeded is when Christ time to be crucified and offered up had come. Pilate thought  he had power over Christ but Christ made  him understand  he could have no authority at all over him unless he were given to him by his father in heaven.

The is why we must live for the Lord because in the time of trouble he HAS promised. I will be with you always even onto the end of the  world.

Then if God is For you, who can be against you.

Jesus said let not your heart be troubled

Our obedience, righteous living, hope and Faith is the key to victory. Read Danial, Hebrew, 11 and the things  the apostles suffered.

Danial  was put in the lions den but didn't get eaten 

Why because Go wanted to use him as a example to the world. To demonstrate,Faith, trust,obedence can work. (2)how God is able to go far beyond mans abilities in deliverance of the saints IF we trust and obey.

That doesn't  mean all christian  won't have trouble  because some were put into the lions den and the lion killed them . What it does mean  God help is far greater and more sure than your firearms because bad guys or women also carry firearms.

HEBREWS 11.They were stoned , they were sawn has under, were tempted were slainn with a sword.They wandered about in sheep skin and goats skins, being desitute afflicted,  tormented.

Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egpt.

Edited by vic66

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

So you wouldn't defend your wife or children then. Got it.