• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1979

I am terrified. All I can think about is this virus that's going around. It is in my town right now and so far 4 people have found to be positive with this virus. I am afraid to go shopping. I won't even spend time with my family. My mom has invited me to go and spend time with her, and she is a widow. But I won't do it. I won't let anyone touch me. I am obsessed with washing my hands every second of the day. My hands are starting to crack.

I am healthy physically right now. But mentally I think I'm going to have a breakdown. I keep getting news about so many people dying and how the death toll is increasing. I took the trash out and some stuff flew in my face. That freaks me out. I washed my face but I know that if I end up with a virus, washing it won't stop it.

I don't know what advice you can give me. But any encouraging or advice will be helpful. Thank you very much.

Edited by worthlessness1979
  • Praying! 6

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  11/18/2000

Washing your hands to the point of cracking seems reminiscent of OCD to me, but I'm no psychologist so that's just out there.

You're 40 years old and physically healthy, even if you do get it, staying at home and toughing it out just might work for you.

But that all depends on if you even get the virus, which if you live alone and are stocked up on stuff shouldn't easily happen.

If you go outside, don't touch your face. Once you're inside, wash your hands and you should be good.

We're going to get through this. Just social distance when you can, wash your hands, and don't touch your face. Hopefully it'll be over before we know it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

To answer the OP.

WWII is not that long ago. Millions were displaced and refugees. Look at some of the old video documentaries and get a feel for the peoples' panic and plight. Then read about the Japanese sport in China where they killed 300,000 just for fun. They posted the results of this 'competition' frequently. Truly horrific.

Check out the many despots and their terrible ways this last century and see how awful life was for ordinary people. We need to get things in focus and in a correct relationship to our current fears. Humans have often had terrible things happen. Even so, there is much reported decency and sacrifice during these times. We need to get a grip on ourselves, be grateful and use our heads in an unselfish way. After all, as a Christian, our lives are not our own...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

12 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings worth

Im going to start off by re-naming you,I can see why you are terrified,you do not know your worth.....you are here sayingyou are a Believer,......get your nose in the Book of John & renew your mind!!!!

Brother,God Loves you,He does not want anything harmful to touch you and He has not given you a spirit of fear-that is the enemy & he gets a foothold by deception....you are already convinced it is out to get you...it isn't ,its a non-thinking parasite

You've got to start Understanding WHO you ARE in Christ!!!!TRust God,you are doing all that you can...concentrate FIRST on Jesus,2nd)keep healthy,suppliment & boost your immune system & 3rd) Relax,your weakening your immune system by worry,anxiety,stress & fear

Do you read the Bible,pray,talk to God?Trust Jesus,cause He already suffered corona virus for you on the cross.....

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Yeah, I meant to change my username. I created this account when I was depressed. But I am no longer there. So, thank you so much. And I will change my username. Also, thank you for everything else you said. God bless

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praying! 1

29 minutes ago, Clipper said:

Washing your hands to the point of cracking seems reminiscent of OCD to me, but I'm no psychologist so that's just out there.

You're 40 years old and physically healthy, even if you do get it, staying at home and toughing it out just might work for you.

But that all depends on if you even get the virus, which if you live alone and are stocked up on stuff shouldn't easily happen.

If you go outside, don't touch your face. Once you're inside, wash your hands and you should be good.

We're going to get through this. Just social distance when you can, wash your hands, and don't touch your face. Hopefully it'll be over before we know it.

Thank you very much for the encouragement. You are probably right. My constant hand washing is a little OCD. Thank you

• Praying! 1

7 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

as a Christian, our lives are not our own...

True

I should not forget that. Thank you

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Psalm 91

Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God

1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, worthlessness1979 said:

I am terrified. All I can think about is this virus that's going around. It is in my town right now and so far 4 people have found to be positive with this virus. I am afraid to go shopping. I won't even spend time with my family. My mom has invited me to go and spend time with her, and she is a widow. But I won't do it. I won't let anyone touch me. I am obsessed with washing my hands every second of the day. My hands are starting to crack.

I am healthy physically right now. But mentally I think I'm going to have a breakdown. I keep getting news about so many people dying and how the death toll is increasing. I took the trash out and some stuff flew in my face. That freaks me out. I washed my face but I know that if I end up with a virus, washing it won't stop it.

I don't know what advice you can give me. But any encouraging or advice will be helpful. Thank you very much.

First of all, try to stay at least six feet away from people. It isn't always possible, and it's no big deal if you get closer than that. But if you do get closer than that, be aware if someone sneezes or coughs, because that will sent out droplets of liquid that could have the virus.

And take care of yourself so your immune system stays strong - get enough to eat, stay well rested, and keep comfortably warm. Smoking will make your lungs more vulnerable to the virus, I think.

And stop worrying.

Edited by johnthebaptist
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

45 minutes ago, worthlessness1979 said:

Yeah, I meant to change my username. I created this account when I was depressed. But I am no longer there. So, thank you so much. And I will change my username. Also, thank you for everything else you said. God bless

Blessings worth2020

Jesus Loves you & so do I.....you are Worthy,Holy,Blameless,without spot,stain,wrinkle or blemish!!!God Bless you & you are in my prayers    Maybe turn off the news more too & spend some personal & reading time with the Lord.....think above!

Philippians 4:8-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

Meditate on These Things

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

With love-your Sister  in Christ Jesus,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 3