• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

Why are you creating duplicate threads, Tigger? You're doing that intentionally?

Actually when I post in the Absolutely Positive I have never considered it a thread for very few ever reply and very few even view the posts. If I feel something is really important for discussion I will on a rare occasion post it elsewhere for others to see that may not typically go to a particular forum. But glad you are concerned. That nice.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

1 John 4:18, “There is no fear in love: true love has no room for fear, because where fear is, there is pain; and he who is not free from fear is not complete in love.”

We are told that it is love that drives the fear within so many hearts today, but there is no fear in love. Jesus would touch the sick and the diseased for he did not walk in fear, he understood the power of mercy and love, yet, in our world today men and women are afraid to touch and hug their own children and grandchildren. If we are to show mercy unto the stranger and compassion unto the lepers of our time how can this be done in fear? I do not fear death and I for sure do not fear a handshake or a hug. I do not force my touch or hugs upon others but I will not turn down a handshake or a hug from anyone that needs this from me. My family loves, and we show love through human touch and affection and in this I rejoice. I am a minister of the Lord and I believe in the power of love and mercy and I believe in laying hands upon the sick to anoint them. I have anointed many sick people in my life and I have never caught the sickness that I sought to be healed. I do get sick on occasion, but with every part of my being I do not think that I will ever get sick from anointing the sick and showing mercy and kindness unto those afflicted. The power of human touch and the power of a warm hug is lost in fear and is impossible in “social distancing” which are two words that I have come to despise.

We have the power of preventing the risk of death by obeying social distancing, and acting safely around others. It is in our breath, on our hands and clothes. Our choices matter. Perhaps, sadly, only when enough die will some people here get some compassion and sense. Then they will probably say the ones who died lack faith or something, anything to stop the blame going to them for not using Christian love to protect others, even if they dont care about themselves. Very little is asked of us to help others. Such simple precautions, easy to do.

To read such an attitude is heart breaking. Maybe the photos of what is happening in the rest of the world will move hearts. I pray this is so.

I have answered twice, as you have posted the same twice.

1 minute ago, leah777 said:

We have the power of preventing the risk of death by obeying social distancing, and acting safely around others. It is in our breath, on our hands and clothes. Our choices matter. Perhaps, sadly, only when enough die will some people here get some compassion and sense. Then they will probably say the ones who died lack faith or something, anything to stop the blame going to them for not using Christian love to protect others, even if they dont care about themselves. Very little is asked of us to help others. Such simple precautions, easy to do.

To read such an attitude is heart breaking. Maybe the photos of what is happening in the rest of the world will move hearts. I pray this is so.

I have answered twice, as you have posted the same twice.

I understand and I do appreciate your heart of love that I sense within you. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Tigger56 said:

I understand and I do appreciate your heart of love that I sense within you. 

I thank you for understanding. Do you understand that you may not get sick, but you may pass the virus on to others through your clothes and hands and breath. You can be asymptomatic, or have the virus on you by being with others who are sick. Like with measles and mumps and such things. I praise that you minister to them, but ask for you to not spread the virus.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, leah777 said:

I thank you for understanding. Do you understand that you may not get sick, but you may pass the virus on to others through your clothes and hands and breath. You can be asymptomatic, or have the virus on you by being with others who are sick. Like with measles and mumps and such things. I praise that you minister to them, but ask for you to not spread the virus.

Actually, I know of no one that even has the virus or are even aware they have ever had it. Our church has been meeting again since the middle of April. No one is sick. I don't go up and hug strangers, but I do hug members of our church though I don't seek out the hugs I don't run from them. But in my family, we are huggers and no one has gotten sick at all. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,333
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 5/5/2020 at 3:31 PM, Tigger56 said:

Actually, I know of no one that even has the virus or are even aware they have ever had it. Our church has been meeting again since the middle of April. No one is sick. I don't go up and hug strangers, but I do hug members of our church though I don't seek out the hugs I don't run from them. But in my family, we are huggers and no one has gotten sick at all. 

Here's the latest update on South Carolina.   Towards the bottom it shows the number of cases in each county.   What county are you in Tigger?   This virus does spread easily.

Btw, I'm not fearful, only using commonsense that God gave me.

https://www.scdhec.gov/news-releases/south-carolina-announces-latest-covid-19-update-may-6-2020

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  413
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 5/5/2020 at 3:31 PM, Tigger56 said:

Tigger, you don't get sick until you do.  Even if one is tested and is found negative, the following day (or moment), that person could get infected from being near another infected person and then will be positive, although not knowing it.  Then one can spread the virus unknowingly.  I am reminded of this Bible text:   “The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself,” (Proverbs 22:3).

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Well if you shake hands with someone and immediately catch the virus then maybe it was meant for you to? I know that sounds like a fatalistic view, but i also trust that God will protect me unless i am just being stupid or something. But many people(including Christians) really don't trust God even for basic needs, much less keeping them from getting sick. But if people want to be paranoid then have at it...

4 hours ago, BibleStudent100 said:

Tigger, you don't get sick until you do.  Even if one is tested and is found negative, the following day (or moment), that person could get infected from being near another infected person and then will be positive, although not knowing it.  Then one can spread the virus unknowingly.  I am reminded of this Bible text:   “The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself,” (Proverbs 22:3).

Thanks for sharing. Sounds similar to the flu or common cold.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

Sounds similar to the flu or common cold.

thJ2MVYGHP.jpg.d44bade2f5713884658ee8e4140a1ae5.jpg

"One picture is worth a thousand words." Doesn't look similar to influenza or a common cold to me. 

• Brilliant! 1