IGNORED

Reparations

Reading your replies on here as fellow Christians, i feel better. The anger in me is melting away. I am praying and giving this rage to Jesus Christ. A peace is coming to me. He will handle it. He will keep me and all who ask safe. Help us through. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

36 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Reading your replies on here as fellow Christians, i feel better. The anger in me is melting away. I am praying and giving this rage to Jesus Christ. A peace is coming to me. He will handle it. He will keep me and all who ask safe. Help us through. 

Blessings Melinda

Ahhhh,that's better.....think of Peter when you start to panic or worry or fear(or anything).....

And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Matthew 14th Chapter

Keep your eyes on Jesus,there will be winds ,waves& many storms but if you allow the distractions of this world to take your eyes off Jesus.....you sink!!!     

Thats what we are here for Sister-to point to Jesus!                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

Melinda,do not adopt the mindset and attitude of the world, indeed Kwik has given you most Godly counsel, Jesus said if the world strikes you on one cheek, turn the other to them as well.Do not retaliate in like manner, love them, forgive them, for they know not what they do,as Kwik said adopt the mind of Christ, as you understand more of WHO Christ is in your life, you will have a different perspective to all of what is going on in the world right now, God bless.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,270
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Reparations........

The Daily Citizen Morning Headlines  (Focus on the Family)

Monday April 6, 2020

Good Morning!

Is it a coincidence or divine timing that the coronavirus pandemic is approaching its most sobering point in the midst of Holy Week?

Focus president Jim Daly, writing for Fox News on Sunday, posed the question that with so much emphasis on death, might the world be more open to talking about the promise of Heaven and the path towards eternal life?

Here is that story along with other headlines we’re following:

1. Jim Daly: Amid coronavirus, can we talk about the hope and promise of heaven?

Focus on the Family president Jim Daly writes for Fox News:

The escalating daily tally of coronavirus-related deaths is a sobering reminder of the human toll of this global pandemic. We’ve never seen anything like it in our lifetime.

As the figures increase every day, I think it’s important to remember that behind every number is a name of somebody who means the world to someone else. We’ve learned that this virulent pathogen doesn’t discriminate – it’s claimed the lives of people of countless nations and of all races, creeds and color – both men and women, young and old.

By now, some of you may know someone who has succumbed to the virus. If so, I am so very sorry for your loss.

My heart hurts when I see the rising number of fatalities.  As a Christian, though, I can’t help but think about Heaven whenever I think about death. That’s because I strongly believe that death is not a final destination, but rather a transitionary step along life’s long and never-ending journey.

There’s an old saying that’s been put to music: “Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die.”

My beliefs about eternity are informed mostly by the Bible. I’m also intrigued by some wonderfully descriptive testimonies of people who report having experienced what’s technically referred to as an “NDE” – a near death experience.

First, the Bible. We know from reading the Scriptures that Heaven is a real place – full of real people. Its streets are paved with pure gold. The city described there, referred to as “New Jerusalem,” is so enormous in size that it’s almost hard to fathom.

When my time comes, I don’t want to limp into Heaven – I want to run into it with the fervor and gusto of Teddy Roosevelt riding his favorite horse up San Juan Hill.

My personal faith in Jesus assures me that my inevitable and eventual death will usher in the beginning of the greatest adventure of my life. If you’d like to have that same assurance of life eternal, I’d encourage you to get to know and accept Him as your personal savior.

In the meantime, as we continue to pray and plead for an end to this catastrophic pandemic, I am reminded of the poignant words of the Irish poet Thomas Moore, who once observed, “Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.”

2. The Economy Will Survive the Coronavirus

From the Wall Street Journal:

People are worried about the Covid-19 pandemic’s long-term effects on the economy and our collective future. While hunkered down in your homes, try to make the most of this rare opportunity to observe extremely uncommon events unfold in real time. It isn’t all bad news. There are economic blessings to be counted.

Consumers have emptied the shelves of the supermarkets and drug stores. That means these and related industries are prospering. Workers in those industries are prospering, too. As the Journal reported last week, pharmacies, groceries and big-box retailers are taking on more part-time employees and paying more overtime.

Don’t despair. This economic crisis will pass, and pass quickly, once the clampdown is lifted; especially if the financial shock is reduced by fiscal and monetary relief. A more common postcrisis question may be whether policy makers overreacted when fear and uncertainty were at their height. We will never know the answer, but the current anxiety of economic doom will surely pass along with the pandemic.

3. The Trail Leading Back to the Wuhan Labs

From National Review:

It is understandable that many would be wary of the notion that the origin of the coronavirus could be discovered by some documentary filmmaker who used to live in China. Matthew Tye, who creates YouTube videos, contends he has identified the source of the coronavirus — and a great deal of the information that he presents, obtained from public records posted on the Internet, checks out.

The Wuhan Institute of Virology in China indeed posted a job opening on November 18, 2019, “asking for scientists to come research the relationship between the coronavirus and bats.”

On December 24, 2019, the Wuhan Institute of Virology posted a second job posting. The translation of that posting includes the declaration, “long-term research on the pathogenic biology of bats carrying important viruses has confirmed the origin of bats of major new human and livestock infectious diseases such as SARS and SADS, and a large number of new bat and rodent new viruses have been discovered and identified.”

Virologists have been vehemently skeptical of the theory that COVID-19 was engineered or deliberately constructed in a laboratory; the director of the National Institutes of Health has written that recent genomic research “debunks such claims by providing scientific evidence that this novel coronavirus arose naturally.” And none of the above is definitive proof that COVID-19 originated from a bat at either the Wuhan Center for Disease Control & Prevention or the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Definitive proof would require much broader access to information about what happened in those facilities in the time period before the epidemic in the city.

But it is a remarkable coincidence that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was researching Ebola and SARS-associated coronaviruses in bats before the pandemic outbreak, and that in the month when Wuhan doctors were treating the first patients of COVID-19, the institute announced in a hiring notice that “a large number of new bat and rodent new viruses have been discovered and identified.” And the fact that the Chinese government spent six weeks insisting that COVID-19 could not be spread from person to person means that its denials about Wuhan laboratories cannot be accepted without independent verification.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi I suggest praying for our military forces, for their health and their readiness is the very best thing I can do. I do believe this is a very very high risk moment of time where extremely dangerous adversaries  are already calculating thei rodds of getting away with doing great military damage to our country's forces and to all of us in the USA especially, but also to much of Europe.

7 hours ago, Jostler said:

it's a possibility that cannot be ruled out.  I personally believe that is likely, and there is a LOT of evidence that points to the possibility.  No smoking gun I'm aware of, but lots of circumstantial evidence....way too much to dismiss lightly

Hi, Seem like so much speculative blathering to me. 

• Well Said! 1

7 hours ago, Jostler said:

it's a possibility that cannot be ruled out.  I personally believe that is likely, and there is a LOT of evidence that points to the possibility.  No smoking gun I'm aware of, but lots of circumstantial evidence....way too much to dismiss lightly

Hi, Seems like so much speculation to me.  

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Am i wrong to be livid? How should i act as a Christian? I face losing my elderly parents, friends. My life has shut down. All of us are in a terrible uncertain place. Death hangs over us. 

How should you act as a Christian? I think if you read one of the Gospels you’ll get all  the answers that you need. 
 I would pray for those who are  suffering and see if there is anyone in need that you can help.
Our President, who loves  blaming people for everything and lives to name call, is not even talking about revenge, so I don’t think any Christian should be. No one did anything to you personally, so the fact that you are livid and judging people for what they eat seems like you are focusing on the wrong things.

God is allowing this to happen. Do you think the response he wants from his followers is intense anger? Or does he want us to turn from our wicked ways?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Even if the theory about the wet markets was accurate, what can be done without them further tanking our economy or starting a war? All it would take is them calling our loans...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, The_Patriot2020 said:

All it would take is them calling our loans...

President Trump has already threatened dismissing the loans  as an obligation, because of their behavior.  And the pieces on the board move, like reading the moves of a chess game.