• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,774
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, branchesofHim said:

Choices today determine tomorrow.

The following is a continuation of Jesus' response to His disciples questions in chapter 24 about when His return and the end of the world would be. He'd just provided them with the example of Noah's days when the flood came on all the earth. Then Jesus gets to the specifics of His return stating that of two in the field and two working, one would be taken and the other would not. He further clarifies by telling of two servants, one who is faithful will be made a ruler and one that is evil will be given reward with hypocrites where shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then Jesus gets more detailed in telling of the ten virgins: five wise and five foolish.

Mattthew25

[1] Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
[2] And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
[3] They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
[4] But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
[5] While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
[6] And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
[7] Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
[8] And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
[9] But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
[10] And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
[11] Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
[12] But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
[13] Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

There were ten virgins, all were called to be ready for the marriage supper of the bridegroom. But only five of them were prepared for his coming and five were not. It's clear that not everyone called into the kingdom of God is received when the end is come. Truly a simplistic and not a complicated explanation of answer to the disciples. However Jesus still continues further with even more clarification and yet more details. It seems He wanted to be sure the disciples truly understood what He was telling them by providing clear, repeated illustrations to their minds.

Jesus once again mentions servants and talents with their subsequent rewards. The unprofitable servant, He states explicitly, is cast into outer darkness where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. The Lord then further reaffirms His answer to the disciples questions by giving them relevance to their present lives prior to the end in relation to what they do to other people in the world. Ultimately He explains to them that inasmuch as they did something to another person in the world, they did it to Him and subsequently some will inherit eternal life and others eternal death.. Thus Jesus provided further confirmation of what He'd told the lawyer in Matthew 22 verses 37 through 39 when He emphasized that loving one's neighbor as himself is equal to the command of wholly loving God.

Let us each be constantly mindful in everything we do of who we are as God's children in this earth. Likewise let us always remember that we each shall be accountable for what we do in this earth and we shall exist forever. 

Blessed be the Almighty forever Who confirms His Word in all He says! Peace.

When the beasts system is enacted, the whole world who are not written in the lambs book of life are going to worship/love the beasts materialistic new world order (Revelation 13:4 & 8). Over the course of 1,260 days, which are also 42 months and 3.5 times, in which the beasts system is in great working order, the five virgins who are not written in the lambs book of life will be overcome by the beasts magnificent new world order and remain adherents to its materialistic carnal inclinations. The five virgins faith in love, truth, and justice will therefore be replaced by their love for the beast.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

As all can see, they which were selling oil - Pastors, Bishops, Evangelists, preachers of the Word of God - out of the time, and also them which were buying oil, all them lost their souls.

Yikes.

Well, the best i can offer is that if you dont rightly divide the word into "some is Literal, some is allegorical, and some is symbolic", then its going to be a real issue to try to understand even the most basic principles of the NT.

You are really spending  a lot of energy trying to prove that Salvation is : The Cross + Your Works, and that was never God's plan of redemption.

God's plan of redemption is : JESUS SAVES......... and all other plans need not apply.

Your NT, says in Hebrews 9:12..... that JESUS ALONE= obtained eternal redemption for you.   So, if you believe that you have to help him with that, as you are believing, then you are not believing the Gospel.

Edited by Behold

16 hours ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

By your words you confess that the Holy Scriptures are only "Literal, and allegorical or symbolic", you forget the spiritual side and know not that the material things are figures of spiritual things;  the parables of MY LORD JESUS are good examples, no? By the way,  the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. Anyone who preached and preaches the Word of God by the spirit is a soul winner, but whoever preached and preaches the Word of God only by the letter, this one is only a killer of souls.

Therefore, If your belief do not fit in the verses above you MUST restudy your belief to be not reproved by the Word of God. The Word is God, understand?  

Let me ask you 2 Question.

1.) If you knew you were going to die in the next 2 minutes, what are you trusting to get you into Heaven?

2.) What are you trusting to Keep You Saved?

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/7/2020 at 3:33 PM, branchesofHim said:

There were ten virgins, all were called to be ready for the marriage supper of the bridegroom. But only five of them were prepared for his coming and five were not. It's clear that not everyone called into the kingdom of God is received when the end is come. Truly a simplistic and not a complicated explanation of answer to the disciples. However Jesus still continues further with even more clarification and yet more details. It seems He wanted to be sure the disciples truly understood what He was telling them by providing clear, repeated illustrations to their minds.

Jesus once again mentions servants and talents with their subsequent rewards. The unprofitable servant, He states explicitly, is cast into outer darkness where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. The Lord then further reaffirms His answer to the disciples questions by giving them relevance to their present lives prior to the end in relation to what they do to other people in the world. Ultimately He explains to them that inasmuch as they did something to another person in the world, they did it to Him and subsequently some will inherit eternal life and others eternal death.. Thus Jesus provided further confirmation of what He'd told the lawyer in Matthew 22 verses 37 through 39 when He emphasized that loving one's neighbor as himself is equal to the command of wholly loving God.

Let us each be constantly mindful in everything we do of who we are as God's children in this earth. Likewise let us always remember that we each shall be accountable for what we do in this earth and we shall exist forever. 

Blessed be the Almighty forever Who confirms His Word in all He says! Peace.

The Parable of the Virgins is simply this: The "oil" is symbolic for the Holy Spirit. If you are not saved, baptized by the Holy Spirit, you are not getting into heaven.  > Does not imply salvation by works.

The Parable of the Talents, show us that those who are obedient and do God's will produce fruit as also shown in the Parable of the Sower, where the Kingdom of Heaven is likened to seed that is planted in fertile soil. It grows to produce fruit. Other seeds that are scattered on different soils don't grow deep roots and therefore do not produce fruit. "By their fruit, you will know them." >Does not imply salvation by works.

It is God who chooses, calls, converts, justifies and glorifies us. It is God who does the work within us to produce fruit. It is not anything or ourselves alone. We cooperate and so receive rewards according to our works, but not salvation according to our works. 

Good works are prepared by God for us to do. Again, it is the Holy Spirit who does the work through us. He gets the credit.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, an that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, lest anyone should boast." Eph. 2:8, 9

Btw, Matthew 25:40 is directed to the Jews. Most of Matthew reflects a message to the Jews. In verses 37 - 39, "then the Righteous will answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see You hungry and fee You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?  Or when did we see You sick, or in prison and come to You?" 

Jesus is talking to the righteous, law abiding Jews, who never received any of His gentile brothers. They did not treat Christians with love, they were cold and loved each other. They actually treated all gentiles the same. So in the end, Jesus says, "Away from Me, I don't know you!" He casts them out. It is obvious Jesus is not casting out Christians here, he is casting out Jews who rejected him and all Christianity.

There is hope for some Jews. According to Romans 11, in the end times, God will remove their blindness  and they will see. They were blinded for our sake. And honestly if you are spiritually blinded, there is nothing you can do to see until God lifts the veil.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 4/7/2020 at 2:09 PM, Behold said:

It seems you are confusing the Kingdom of God with the Kingdom of Heaven.   It also seems that you are trying to prove that God accepts us, saves us, based on our works.

Truly it is that you appear to be the one confused. You took what I posted and added your opinion as to what I was stating. Your very statements of "it seems" and "it also seems" indicate this. Understood.

The Word clearly speaks for Itself. But it's good to know you believe in the Truth of the Word. Peace. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Blessed be Jesus Christ the Lord! Shalom.

Edited by branchesofHim
Unkindness

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 4/8/2020 at 8:32 AM, Behold said:

The reason that Salvation, regarding the eternal "once and for all" concept was not here until the Cross, is this...

""""Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by GOD's  own blood Jesus entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us....""""  Hebrews 9:12

Diaste, did you notice this ?   " JESUS = having obtained ETERNAL (once and for all) REDEMPTION FOR US....

So, until Christ shed God's blood, there was no eternal redemption found.. So, eternal redemption  has its eternal beginnings ON THE CROSS. =33AD

If you want to know where this "blood redeems" concept was first listed, its actually found in Genesis, starting with Cain and Able.

If you have time, turn to the epistle of JUDE 1, and you'll discover that the revelation of Grace, which is, the blood sacrifice of the clean for the guilty, didnt start with Abraham or with Jesus.. It started with Cain and Able.   And in fact, the entire issue that is now the worst plague of Christianity, this "works to stay saved", "you can lose your salvation" actually has its theological root with Cain who tried to work his way into God's acceptance and was REJECTED..... while Able brought what God accepts, which is a sacrifice, blood.

So, today, when you find someone teaching that you can lose your salvation, they are actually committing the "error of Cain", which is to try to replace Grace with Self Effort and Performance, as "another Gospel"....  Galatians 1:8

How is it then names can be written in the book of life since the beginning? So Enoch and Elijah were taken to heaven but not saved? Not redeemed by the blood of Jesus? Moses? Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus in a glorified state, they were not 'eternally redeemed'? How did they get to heaven if not by Jesus Christ? 

And you can lose your salvation. I'd get into it but I don't want to hear the 'one true Scotsman' fallacy.

And it's not 'works to stay saved'. It's works as a manifestation of the faith one claims to have. If one has faith but not works that faith is dead, as it is written. Notice Matt 25;

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink?  When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me."

This group of people did not lay claim to the precept of loving your neighbor as presented by Jesus and the apostles; They just showed love to "the least of these my brethren,"

Now look at the others;

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] NOT to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

But it get a bit worse:

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father (The right works) which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works(Oops, wrong works)? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:"

You simply cannot have one without the other. Works do save as the example in Matt 25 shows the sheep being saved by the love the showed others.

Matt 7 shows the casting out of those who claimed to have done works in Jesus name.

So what's the answer? The saved do good works from love, the others didn't have love.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 4/8/2020 at 8:59 AM, kwikphilly said:

Firstly I didn't reply to the Scripture you just posted & eliminated from my comment....which was this one....

So how can you say I agree with the Scripture & still find "it" in accurate    I find you are inaccurate,not Gods Word and in reference to your comment that we are "called" by God to suffer.............which is absurd

2 Timothy 3:12 is absurd?  Not saying it's an imperative by divine decree, surely God, our Father, wants us to live like this: "

“Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man,

and He will dwell with them.

They will be His people,

and God Himself will be with them as their God.b

4He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,c

and there will be no more death

or mourning or crying or pain,

for the former things have passed away.”

The truth is we are enemies of this world and will suffer in battle against the forces of darkness. Maybe you don't like that but that's the way it is.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:59 AM, kwikphilly said:

Now you are taking yet another verse of Scripture out of context which I have not commented on because you want to preach

Faith plus "works" and how can I discuss this with you if you do not know what the Gospel of God is......the conversation is about LOVE,that is the Gospel  friend...Love & Grace

What? I'm not on the accepted list of 'preachers'? When is preaching acceptable? When it's what you want to hear? Half the truth? 

I have been saying 'faith plus works'. James the apostle backs that up. No works born of faith = dead faith.

And what 'out of context' verse? Please elaborate.

10 hours ago, branchesofHim said:

Behold, please consider more carefully what you write. In another post you advocate suffering, yet you - yourself acknowledge that Jesus did the suffering. Isn't that Double-Minded? Take some meat and keep your milk please.

The reason you don't qoute me is because that would be honest.

I dont advocate "suffering", so, maybe you should try to quote me, instead of hiding what i actually write to then be able misrepresent what i actually say.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

6 hours ago, Behold said:

The reason you don't qoute me is because that would be honest.

I dont advocate "suffering", so, maybe you should try to quote me, instead of hiding what i actually write to then be able misrepresent what i actually say.

Jesus and the apostles all advocated suffering as part of following Messiah and if your not willing to lay down your life and suffer with him your not worth of him.

Phl 1:29 NASB - For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake
Rom 8:17 KJV - And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.
2Ti 3:12 KJV - Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
Mat 10:38-39 NASB - "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. "He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.
Luk 9:23-24 NASB - And He was saying to all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.
Jhn 15:20-21 NASB - "Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. "But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me.
Mat 24:9 NASB - "Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.
Mat 24:13 NASB - "But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Thumbs Up 1