• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

9 hours ago, Diaste said:
On 4/8/2020 at 10:59 AM, kwikphilly said:

Firstly I didn't reply to the Scripture you just posted & eliminated from my comment....which was this one....

So how can you say I agree with the Scripture & still find "it" in accurate    I find you are inaccurate,not Gods Word and in reference to your comment that we are "called" by God to suffer.............which is absurd

2 Timothy 3:12 is absurd?

Where did I say 2 Timothy 3:12 is absurd?You really need to stop twisting my words if you want to have a discussion because I will not entertain that type of nonsense...or is there a problem with reading my sentences? I said to say we are Called to SUFFER is absurd & I explained why I think it is,I'm not going to repeat myself over& over because you cannot comprehend what I write

What? I'm not on the accepted list of 'preachers'? When is preaching acceptable? When it's what you want to hear? Half the truth? 

Again,I said you want to preach FAITH plus works etc,,,etc,,,,So,either you deliberately twist what I say to be argumentative or because you really are not listening...in either event,do as you will and say as you will because I'm not here to debate "Faith plus works" -no works need be added to Jesus Finished work on the cross,IT IS FINISHED & so am I

God Bless you dearly,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Where did I say 2 Timothy 3:12 is absurd?You really need to stop twisting my words if you want to have a discussion because I will not entertain that type of nonsense...or is there a problem with reading my sentences? I said to say we are Called to SUFFER is absurd & I explained why I think it is,I'm not going to repeat myself over& over because you cannot comprehend what I write

Semantics. " “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”" - Acts 9

Seems Paul was called to suffer in Jesus name. 

What you miss is that in some way we will suffer if we choose to live Godly lives. I put up with mocking all the time because I refuse to live by the world's code. That's suffering isolation and sometimes loneliness. Paul physically suffered. Jesus physically suffered. 

So they went on their way from the presence of the Council, rejoicing that they had been considered worthy to suffer shame for His name." - Acts 5

And many others. 

14 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Again,I said you want to preach FAITH plus works etc,,,etc,,,,So,either you deliberately twist what I say to be argumentative or because you really are not listening...in either event,do as you will and say as you will because I'm not here to debate "Faith plus works" -no works need be added to Jesus Finished work on the cross,IT IS FINISHED & so am I

God Bless you dearly,Kwik

Again, James says,

"

14What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be [ye] warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what [doth it] profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent [them] out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. "

I would get on board with this. Not the hearers only but the doers will be justified. 

"But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves." - James 1

That's not being argumentative, it's truth. I never said there was some task we had to complete for salvation as though we could sacrifice to cover sin. But if faith based works do not manifest that faith is a dead faith.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

On 4/8/2020 at 8:59 AM, Diaste said:

...One must view scripture as a whole. It is not a series or parcels or packets. Scripture is a harmonious compendium of our Father's wishes for us as we walk in the wilderness. 

I like this sentence. It is TRUTH! 

What did Paul write?

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Here is the "faith" or believing part, and here is the "works" part: BOTH are necessary to be born again. Dead Faith accomplishes nothing.

I hope we can all agree with Paul. 

Edited by iamlamad
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/11/2020 at 4:12 AM, Diaste said:

How is it then names can be written in the book of life since the beginning?

The Cross disqualifies you from trying to keep yourself saved.    If you come to this revelation, you will stop trying to do it.

And let me show you how that "lamb's book of life" works out, so that you can get rid of lying commentaries and lying teachers.....

When you are born, you are IN.....your name is found IN the Lambs book of life.

When you are born again, your name is still in there....

If you die a "Lamb" rejector......a Christ Rejector, then your Christ rejectiong name WILL NOT BE FOUND IN THE LAMB" BOOK of "eternal Life".   As Jesus is the Lamb, and He Himself is Eternal lite, and if you are born again, then because Jesus who is "the resurrection and the (eternal) LIFE"< is IN YOU....so that is why you have it.

If you dont have Him in you, if you are a Christ Rejector, then you will die, hit Revelation 20:11, and your name will not be IN THERE (not found in the Lamb's BOOK"...< as by rejecting the LAMB while you are alive, your name is REMOVED the instant you die.

No name in that book, = CHRIST (Lamb) REJECTOR.

Welcome to the Lake of Fire, for all those who by rejecting the LAMB, end up there.

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

38 minutes ago, Behold said:

The Cross disqualifies you from trying to keep yourself saved.    If you come to this revelation, you will stop trying to do it.

And let me show you how that "lamb's book of life" works out, so that you can get rid of lying commentaries and lying teachers.....

If you die a "Lamb" rejector......a Christ Rejector, then your Christ rejectiong name WILL NOT BE FOUND IN THE LAMB" BOOK of "eternal Life".   As Jesus is the Lamb, and He Himself is Eternal lite, and if you are born again, then because Jesus who is "the resurrection and the (eternal) LIFE"< is IN YOU....so that is why you have it.

If you dont have Him in you, if you are a Christ Rejector, then you will die, hit Revelation 20:11, and your name will not be IN THERE (not found in the Lamb's BOOK"...< as by rejecting the LAMB while you are alive, your name is REMOVED the instant you die.

Welcome to the Lake of Fire, for all those who by rejecting the LAMB, end up there.

Yes. This is what I know and understand:

"And if it is by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work." - Romans 11

"This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?" - Galatians 3

"For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." - Galatians 3

There is a great deal more but this should be enough. Works toward salvation is a curse as one must abide by the Law, which is impossible as we all know.

This is not the same as works that prove the faith one received by gift. Those works manifest by a living faith, and if there are no faith based works, faith is dead, per James. I have never said one can work for salvation even though scripture allows for the exception, which would be rare in my opinion: 

"For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel." - Romans 2

" For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God" - Romans 2

We are saved thus;

"But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." - Ephesians 2

However one cannot ignore even one punctuation mark in scripture and so the following is also truth:

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does." - James 1

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

It's amazing this example is in here. Rahab was a mole and helped the messengers escape. That was recorded as a faith based work!! Stunning, to say the least.

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." - James 2

As a whole then God give us the faith to believe and we receive the election by the Grace of God through the faith of God and none can work to receive this free gift; work is not required and in fact working to receive salvation will only serve as a curse, for it is flesh and not Spirit. By that faith through grace then faith is proven by faith based works; for if there are no faith based works that faith is dead for man is not justified by faith alone, as it is written. 

"“The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." - Romans 10

"For with the heart one believes unto righteousnessThis is Faith

"and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" This a Faith based work.

Intertwined. Inseparable. Immutable.

On 4/11/2020 at 11:16 AM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Jesus and the apostles all advocated suffering as part of following Messiah and if your not willing to lay down your life and suffer with him your not worth of him.

Jesus said we, as believers, would have "tribulation" in this world.

Suffering and Tribulation can be  identical terms in the NT.

However, we are not saved by suffering.  We are saved by God when we put our FAITH in the One who already suffered on the Cross.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Behold said:

Jesus said we, as believers, would have "tribulation" in this world.

Suffering and Tribulation can be  identical terms in the NT.

However, we are not saved by suffering.  We are saved by God when we put our FAITH in the One who already suffered on the Cross.

Who said suffering is what saves you?  There are many people that suffer but yet dont believe in Messiah.  You are saved by your steadfast unwavering faith in the Messiah.  He promised us as followers of Christ that suffering is apart of following him and if any person was not willing to suffer on his behalf then they are not worthy of him. 

Jesus said:
Luk 14:26-27 NIV - "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple. And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.
Paul said:
Phl 1:29 NIV - For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

2 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Who said suffering is what saves you?  There are many people that suffer but yet dont believe in Messiah.  You are saved by your steadfast unwavering faith in the Messiah

You are not saved by your faith, and you are absolutely not saved by unwavering enduring to the end, faith.

Faith cannot save you, or anyone else.  

Why are you not saved by faith?......Its because you are saved by GOD....THRU your Faith.     God accepts your faith to SAVE YOU using the blood of Jesus.  God is the Savior, as Jesus is GOD on the Cross, doing the Saving.  Its the Father who then takes this Blood, HIS blood, and applies its SAVING GRACE to you, THUR your Faith.

God accepts your faith...TO SAVE YOU.   

If you are trusting in Faith to get you to heaven, then Faith is now your savior, and Jesus is NOT.

A lot of believers are making this mistake, as they have been wrongly taught that FAITH saves....But it does not.  Faith is ACCEPTED AS "Righteousness".... God takes your faith, and then gives you the Blood Atonement that saves you, and with that, you get "the gift of righteousness" that BECOMES who you are "in Christ".

Think about  that carefully...  before you respond with more about how you are trusting in Faith to save you, instead of Trusting in CHRIST to save you.

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

On 4/12/2020 at 8:39 AM, Behold said:

I think you missed a step: at conception a name is written in the book of life. If that becomes a child then when the child grows to the age of accountability and then sins - their name will be blotted out. If they get saved, their name is written in again. But once saved, if there name is ever blotted out again, it simply CANNOT be written in a second time. Not blotted out when you die: blotted out at the first sin (the wages of sin is death) after reaching a certain age.

I want to add, once your name is written in when born again, it is very very hard to get your name blotted out again. But just know, it IS possible for a mature Christian. 

Edited by iamlamad

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Listen to the genius.

4 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

I want to add, once your name is written in when born again, it is very very hard to get your name blotted out again. But just know, it IS possible for a mature Christian.

Obvious parallels. Indeed. So much Knowledge and accountability. Shalom.