• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 minutes ago, Alive said:

OK---let me ask you this question. How do you know that those individuals that wrote those phrases, accurately portrayed what God said and how do you know that God actually said them. Those quoted quoted phrases were written by individuals (not a voice recording of God) and since translated and copied numerous times.

So from where do you hang your hat of voracity?

I believe that the Bible is an accurate account of what it witnesses to. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

7 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Enoob57 is trying to silence me, but I appreciate that you are not.

You silence us by your blanket statements and refusal to discuss the matter further.  You have an interrogative technique, claiming to seek to learn from others opinions and you won't even address what we put before you.

It's up to you, but call the situation what it is.  It's not really about learning at all, is it?

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

4 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

You silence us by your blanket statements and refusal to discuss the matter further.  You have an interrogative technique, claiming to seek to learn from others opinions and you won't even address what we put before you.

It's up to you, but call the situation what it is.  It's not really about learning at all, is it?

You can talk as much as you want, but I get tired of the arguing after a while.

You can call it an argument if you want.  I guess you do mean to silence us after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

The Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing and my life was transformed. I think people can learn from that. 

And what, brilliant as it is, has that to do with the discussion at hand, and or what you have gleaned of it so far?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

It is the Holy Spirit Who spoke through men in the old testament and the New Testament.  We who are spiritual recognize the same Spirit in both.  In many cases Jesus quotes the Old Testament.  That is why we believe the Bible is the Holy inspired Word Of God.  The natural man doesn't have this discernment.   

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jhn 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jhn 15:26  But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Jhn 16:7  Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh 16:12  "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13  However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

Joh 16:14  He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.

1Co 2:9  But as it is written: "EYE HAS NOT SEEN, NOR EAR HEARD, NOR HAVE ENTERED INTO THE HEART OF MAN THE THINGS WHICH GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM."

1Co 2:10  But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

1Co 2:11  For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

1Co 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

1Co 2:13  These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1Co 2:14  But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co 2:15  But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.

1Co 2:16  For "WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD THAT HE MAY INSTRUCT HIM?" But we have the mind of Christ.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

4 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Paul said the great commandment was to love your neighbor as yourself. Jesus said it was to love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul. Who was right? 

Paul said women can’t speak in church. God had a woman, Deborah, rule over Israel. Did God make a mistake? 

Paul said to obey our rulers. Adolph Hitler had six million Jews murdered. Were Germans supposed to obey him and kill Jews? 

Paul talks about teachers. Jesus told us not to call ourselves teachers. Who is right?

Paul was given authority to do the work that he was CHOSEN to do, and what was that, to bear the the name of Jesus Christ.  Paul and Peter raised the dead.  They were given authority to do those might work.

Who is teaching the theology that you are presenting in your OP post ?. Is it your own conclusion or is it doctrine from other sources ?.

Acts 9 King James Version (KJV)

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Edited by warrior12
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

4 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Paul was given authority to do the work that he was CHOSEN to do, and what was that, to bear the the name of Jesus Christ.  Paul and Peter raised the dead.  They were given authority to do those might work.

Who is teaching the theology that you are presenting in your OP post ?. Is it your own conclusion or is it doctrine from other sources ?.

Acts 9 King James Version (KJV)

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

We all have the authority to do the work we are chosen to do. None of us is perfect.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

8 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Satan likes to silence people.

No satan likes to take Scripture and deny or twist it... you have a nonconformist theology to God's Word and you and I are done....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1