• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello fellow Christians,

lately, I can't help myself but to worry about having committed the unpardonable sin and loosing my salvation over it. I think it may help me, to just write this stuff out. Actually it has been a long time ago, like 8+ years. Now I have decided for myself to become more serious about my faith and I want to change the way I live. At the same time I started to remember something I have said a long time ago. 

Basically what happened was this: For a long time, I thought that the name "God" and "Allah" described two different entities. I believe in the God of Abraham and I know, that he is the one and only true God. So I did not worry, when I made a stupid Joke involving the name of Allah.

Some time later, I have found out, that name Allah can also mean God, but in a different language. This is, when I started to worry and remembered, what I said a long time ago. I do feel Gods presence in my life but right now, it's hard to shake off this dreadful feeling inside me.

I really don't want to commit this sin ... What are your thoughts?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Hi Marcee!

You are not the only one who has express this concerm. My thoughts are that if you had committed that sin, then that would have resulted in God abandoning you, and apart from Him, you would have no interest in these things. Since you are concerned about the things of God, I suspect that you are not abandoned, but still drawn to Him.

Some say that the unpardonable sin, is dying while not having received Christ as savior, or words to that effect. While I think it is true, that this means one's sins have not been pardoned, dying is not a sin! Most all of us die at one time or another eventuall and we cannot help that. Any sin is sufficient to separate us from God, and we all sin, and that puts us in need of forgiveness.

The question is, is there a sin, for which we cannot be pardoned, and if so, what is it?

Matthew 12, tells us about this, and it specifically states that there is only one sin that will not be forgiven people:

30“He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

31Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32“Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Notice that verse 31, begins with "Therefore". As someone once wisely said, when we see 'therefore', we should ask:

"What is that therefore, there for?"

By doing that we can discover a lot, so let's look at the context of the passage:

22Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw. 23All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?” 24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.”

25And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, “Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26“If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? 27“If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. 28“But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29“Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.

Notice that in verse 24, the Pharisees said that Jesus was casting out demons, by the power of Beelsebul (another name for Satan, which literally means the lord of the flies - not very flattering). The Pharisees here had just basically accused Jesus of being in league with Satan. Jesus alluded to Himself, as casting out demons, by the Spirit of God

When the Pharisees said that Jesus cast out demons by Satan, when He in fact, cast them out by the Spirit of God, they have in essence just called Jesus demon possessed, and named the Holy Spirit as an unholy spirit. That I believe, is where this blasphemy of the Holy Spirit comes into play.

So, if you have ever called God an evil spirit, or Jesus as demon possessed, then maybe you have committed the unpardonable sin. If not, I doubt that you are in that lost, hopeless state.

In any case, even if that were true that you said such a thing, it still might not count. We say things that we do not mean. We get angry. We never have any right to be angry with God, but we are humans, sinners by nature. Jonah was angry and God. Job wanted God to justify Himself for letting bad things happen to him. These things are pretty grievous, but they were not unpardonable. We might get angry and say stupid things, but . . . 

God looks upon the heart, not just upon our actions. He know better than we do, what is in our heart, and, He loves us and is gracious enough, to forgive us many things, Jesus even prayed for forgiveness of those who were in the process of executing Him, and mocking Him. if God can forgive things like that, I am thinking he can forgive anything you have likely done.

Seek Him, yield to Jesus as your Lord, and you will discover that God has forgiven you. I hope that helps with your question or concern.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Marceee

2 hours ago, Marceee said:

I have found out, that name Allah can also mean God, but in a different language.

That's not quite correct, but I can see how the matter can be confusing.

To put it clearly, see the guide below:

• Allah is the name of the moon god of Islam.
  • God is a generic term meaning mighty one, but it is not a name.
  • Yahweh is the Name of the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.  Pronounced: YAH-00-ay. 

The name Yahweh was removed from the Bible and replaced with "The LORD", out of great reverence for the Name.  But this should have never happened!  Therefore, every time you read "The LORD" in the Bible (nearly 7,000 times) that is where the name Yahweh would have appeared in the original manuscripts.

For more information about the Name of Yahweh, you can check this out here.

Now, as for the unpardonable sin.  If you have insulted Allah, it matters not, as he doesn't exist.  That said, you should be respectful to other religions and not offend them needlessly.  Be more concerned for someone that you may have hurt or offended rather than "Allah"!

If you insulted or mocked Yahweh or His Son, Yahushua (known as Jesus Christ), it will be forgiven of you - providing you repent of it sincerely.  However, it is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit which is the unpardonable sin.  Avoid this at all costs, obviously. But it doesn't sound like this is something you have done.

Now I have decided for myself to become more serious about my faith and I want to change the way I live. At the same time I started to remember something I have said a long time ago. 

HalleluYah!  Good on you!  Don't let anything stop you in doing so.  If you have matters of conscience come up, like this, repent of it sincerely and move on.  But don't let your conscience start becoming and unhealthy burden for you.  1 John 1:9.  Remember it well :)

I hope something in my rambling helps!

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

I really don't want to commit this sin ... What are your thoughts?

From what you say, I see that unreasoning fear has gripped you. This is a sure indication that the enemy of your soul is after you to rob you of peace. Rest assured, you have not committed the unpardonable sin.

Smoke and mirrors and lies and confusion come from the dark side and the hater of our souls. Fear has been expressed more than once on this forum recently and seems to be a main-line method of attacking God's Holy Ones. (the word 'saint' is a poor translation). As a Holy One of God you are safe in His arms and He will hold nothing against you except His Love and Compassion. So take heart. You have not erred and are a Child of the King.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

22 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

That's not quite correct, but I can see how the matter can be confusing.

It is confusing, but she is quite correct. God is not God's name, God is more of a title, and expression of existence of a higher being. When a person, who is speaking Arabic, refers to God, they will use "Allah" the same way a Christian does, and in a Bible, there Bible will have the word Allah. What an Arab speaking Christian refers to Allah, he/she means the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the creator of the universe who is above everyone and everything, they are not referring to the moon god or even the god of Islam.

In any case, you are a bit off track regarding the question, though I realize you are just trying to be helpful in response to one of her concerns. I think it best to to not help people by giving them somewhat inaccurate information.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

If you wish to be respectful and get it correct biblically speaking, call our God  haShem.  The NAME.

Added:

Hashem is a Hebrew term for God. Literally, it means “the name.” In the Bible the Hebrew word for God is made up of four vowels, and according to tradition it was only pronounced on Yom Kippur by the High Priest. Saying God’s name was considered a very serious and powerful thing, so much so that one of the Ten Commandments prohibits us from saying God’s name in vain. As a result, people have come up with various substitutions.

There are many other names for God in Jewish tradition, including Adoshem, Yah, Yahweh, HaKadosh Baruch Hu, El Shaddai, Av Harahamim, and Harahaman.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

You didn't commit the unpardonable sin. The pharisee's having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that He was possessed by the demon Beelzebub (Matthew 12:24). In Mark 3:30, Jesus is very specific about what exactly they did to commit “the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.” This blasphemy then has to do with accusing Jesus Christ (in person, on earth) of being demon-possessed. Not only that but they flat out refused to believe Jesus was who He said He was.

The only unpardonable sin today is the continued and determined unbelief in Jesus. You still believe in him and his work on the cross, or you would not be this upset. An unbeliever wouldn't care. In mark 14, peter claims unfailing devotion, as did the other apostles. But then later he denies even knowing Jesus, not once, but three times ! And yet Jesus called him back to himself, and then sends him to preach the gospel to the lost. An unbeliever isn't able to share the good news with others.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,314
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 hours ago, Marceee said:

I can't help myself but to worry about having committed the unpardonable sin and loosing my salvation over it.

John 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
KJV

Do you know how to find this way, truth and life?

3 hours ago, Marceee said:

I do feel Gods presence in my life but right now, it's hard to shake off this dreadful feeling inside me.

Please explain feel God's presence?