• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/18/2000

10 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Friend, ...I'm not going to argue with you, ...you have to be an American to understand it, ...as a born again child of God, ...the more I read and study God's Word the more I understand the Constitution from a Biblical stand point, ...like I said, ...you have to live it to understand it.

Lord bless

A) You don't have to be from a particular nation to understand the origins and implications of a political document.

B) I'm from Chicago.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

30 minutes ago, Clipper said:

I don't get where this "America was founded on Judeo-Christian values" thing comes from. 

https://wallbuilders.com/founding-fathers-jesus-christianity-bible/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92

38 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

America is God's experimenter, ...He gave to His persecuted children the land to live in and form their own system of government,

What Bible verse is this found in? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

11 minutes ago, Behold said:

The Founders were pretty much all Christian, I don't see many people denying that (besides the "actually, Freemasons" types). But the Constitution is not a Christian document.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

The state has no say in Christianity throughout the US. Any religious values imposed upon the United States are a result of voters mixing religion and politics. Any inherent religion within the government would be unconstitutional per the First Amendment.

I, personally, keep my faith and politics separate. I shy away from the Moral Majority movement of the 80s and believe the US should be a secular nation with freedom of religion. I think the separation of Church and State is vital for democracy.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

Borders are made up lines we use to distinguish who has access to certain resources without stirring up a fight. Flags are symbols that represent those borders and the rulers of those resources. There is no America, there is no Canada, there is just the resources and people those two flags claim to own.

Our allegiance, our patriotism, our nationalism, is to God. I stopped saying the Pledge of Allegiance around the fifth grade, looking back, it sounds cultish. I've developed a list of nations I would probably prefer to live in over the United States, they have their own problems sure but I think they handle them significantly better. Nationalism, patriotism, whatever, it's all pointless to follow countries if they don't benefit the people living in them. If you have a better place you can immigrate to and you have the means to immigrate there, I don't see allegiance to the star-spangled banner as a reason to stop that. You probably won't get this if you've never heard of Max Stirner, but nationality is a spook.

I don't get where this "America was founded on Judeo-Christian values" thing comes from. The US Declaration of Independence and Constitution were very clearly heavily influenced by the new liberal philosophies of the Enlightenment. "In God We Trust" replaced "E pluribus unum" in 1956 in response to the Soviet Union's state atheism, it was not always there. The United States is not God's country, it's just another nation-state in a world full of nation-states, and a particularly influential nation-state at that.

Like JustPassingThru said above: "Patriotism," ...a profound "love" for our country, ...it has to be "experienced," ...just like any love, ...to be understood"...
You Clipper obviously, by your own words, have never experienced it, what it means to love your country.
The peace/freedoms/liberties you experience today is due to those American patriots, and Canadian patriots, and British, Australian etc etc etc.
If people were like you express were around back in the great wars, you, and previously Americans Canadians, would be speaking German or Japanese.
When a people, a group or a country full, go through a horrendous time of fighting for their lives, world wide, shedding their blood and giving up their lives.
for their country, with everybody doing his/her own part to protect the ones at home, they come out of it in the end with an overwhelming sense of national patriotism. Wouldn't want you in my fox hole.

You say, "Our allegiance, our patriotism, our nationalism, is to God"
God is my creator, my redeemer, my advocate, my savior. All my loyalties are derived through God.
And God says we are to be good stewards of all He has blessed/given us.
To infer a Patriotic Christian American can not/does not put Christ first and foremost is false.
I can not expect you to understand patriotism, based on what YOU have said above.
I wish you well where ever you move to.

The reason this country is great, Clipper, is God chose to bless this United States of America for His purposes.
Even for people like you who would just as soon find a better place.
Good luck!  

(Notice how everybody is trying to get into this country, and not out? Now why is that? :)

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33

The Founders were pretty much all Christian,

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

For many years the "no law respecting" part,  has been mistranslated by most of the Democrat Party to now say, "freedom FROM Religion", as that is how they try to SPIN it.

Yet, Isn't the bible a History Book?  Isn't Jesus a historical figure?  Yet, can you teach the bible as history and Jesus as historical in... 1st - 12th Grade?

To try to deny 1st century History as represented by the  Bible and to try to delete Jesus as a literal historical figure by teaching that both are only "religious literature", is to twist the amendment to teach "freedom from religion".

I find it personally deeply disgusting that a 1st-5th grader can be taught that "Gay is ok to choose", Yet, they aren't allowed to hear the Name "Jesus" in the very same classroom.

America's Darkness is dark indeed.

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, anynmsfmly said:

Where did you move to ?

My Heavenly Father moved me to Tahiti where my Eve had been praying 12 years for an American husband, ...He provided me with a vacation, ...the first in 26 years, and I went back with my bride for two weeks to show her my "part" of America, ...drove over 2,000 miles,  even took her camping at 7,000 feet in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

Lord bless  

• Group:  Advanced Member

2 minutes ago, Behold said:

For many years the "no law respecting" part,  has been mistranslated by most of the Democrat Party to now say, "freedom FROM Religion", as that is how they try to SPIN it.

Yet, Isn't the bible a History Book?  Isn't Jesus a historical figure?  Yet, can you teach the bible as history and Jesus as historical in... 1st - 12 Grade?

To try to deny 1st century History as represented by the  Bible and to try to delete Jesus as a literal historical figure by teaching that both are only "religious literature", is to twist the amendment to teach "freedom from religion".

I find it personally deeply disgusting that a 1st-5th grader can be taught that "Gay is ok to choose", Yet, they aren't allowed to hear the Name "Jesus" in the very same classroom.

America's Darkness is dark indeed.

We do have "freedom from religion". The state can't force or advocate for any particular religion through a public institution. And you think Jesus isn't talked about in schools? Jesus is one of the most prominent figures in human history, Christian or not. He might not be presented as the Savior, but He's still vital information for any World History class worth its salt.

We do have "freedom of religion". The state can't force one to stop practicing their faith. If someone wants to pray to God, or Allah, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, they can.

I think what a lot of people here see as "Christians are being persecuted in United States and having their rights taken away" is actually just the people of the country adopting more secular standpoints and Christianity losing the privilege it's been given in public policy for the past several decades.

Also, and this isn't directed to you Behold but rather the "REEEEEE DEMOCRATS" part of this site: what do you guys even think the "Democratic Party's Agenda" is? It can't be State Atheism AND Sharia Law AND Turn Everyone Gay.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

its also the theme for most republicans these days as well. neither party really cares about the people.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Is this another anti-stay at home post? 

I don't get where this "America was founded on Judeo-Christian values" thing comes from. The US Declaration of Independence and Constitution were very clearly heavily influenced by the new liberal philosophies of the Enlightenment. "In God We Trust" replaced "E pluribus unum" in 1956 in response to the Soviet Union's state atheism, it was not always there. The United States is not God's country, it's just another nation-state in a world full of nation-states, and a particularly influential nation-state at that.