• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

My understanding of what’s the proper way to pray is:

First you must say God Yahweh ( You say  God’s name Yahweh  because there are many other false gods)

Then you pray for whatever you want to pray for. Just came to mind that Lord’s Prayer would be a good guidance for what to pray for.

Then in the end you must say in the name of Jesus Christ amen. I believe we must say in Jesus Christ’s name so that the prayer would be “heard”, obviously I don’t mean literally heard since God Yahweh knows everything about us, not just what we say, but think, feel, intend, etc.

Thanks

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Just to ad another reason why I believe we need after saying God to say Yahweh.

2 Corinthians 4:4

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Thanks 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I'd like to comment on how to pray. In the forum chat room I had a woman who I talked to and recited my own prayer. I prayed that God would heal and restore me from past afflictions. Then as I went on this forum to the prayer section God spoke to me. He said to fear not because he will teach me his word and restore me from all iniquity. Then I found an answer to my prayers.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, Ervin P said:

First you must say God Yahweh ( You say  God’s name Yahweh  because there are many other false gods)

Then you pray for whatever you want to pray for. Just came to mind that Lord’s Prayer would be a good guidance for what to pray for.

Then in the end you must say in the name of Jesus Christ amen. I believe we must say in Jesus Christ’s name so that the prayer would be “heard”, obviously I don’t mean literally heard since God Yahweh knows everything about us, not just what we say, but think, feel, intend, etc.

Thanks

There is no proper way to pray or formality to prayer. You are communication with Jesus Christ. You tell Him what is on your heart. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I so agree with missmuffy.  At one time I was so concerned with how to pray I became legalistic.  So I had to go back to square one and just pour out my heart to Him like a pre school kid jumping up on Daddy God's lap and overflowing with all the little thing and big, knowing that Daddy can fix it all.  He is my refuge, and my Daddy is bigger than the world's.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/10/2020 at 12:57 AM, Ervin P said:

Thanks

Pray: WHILE  believing God will answer your prayer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

James told Husbands to treat their Wives properly or they would not get ready answers to their prayers .....I think we can infer from that warning that our behavior can have an effect on our Prayer Life.....It is just another common sense reason to try to be as “ Good” as we can be at all times .....Being “ Good” has NOTHING  to do with Salvation —- it does not Get you Saved, nor KEEP you Saved—— It WILL Please God , it WILL get you Blessed and as James teaches , your prayers WILL get results more speedily....When we Sin , we can find ourselves out of Fellowship with God ( The Blood still has them covered).....I believe that trying to get prayers answered when one is “ out of Fellowship” with our Father is going to make for some tough-going. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

On 5/10/2020 at 1:57 AM, Ervin P said:

Thanks

Remember that prayer is not supposed to be a formula. Even though I do believe his true name is Yahweh which was translated as Lord in scripture. Elohim was translated as God in the Bible.

The proper way to pray is not by a formula but by the spontaneity of ones own heart, whether it be audible words or silent stirrings of your own heart and spirit in union with the Holy Spirit. Each persons own prayer will be according to where your at spiritually.

And no you don’t have to say in the name of Jesus. You’re either in that name or your not. Saying in the name of Jesus will not put you into that reality. It sounds spiritual to religious ears but in reality it doesn’t prove anything. 

The Lord’s Prayer wasn’t a formula either of trying to get people to do more works of praying to try to get a reality. Jesus says thy will be done on earth as its in heaven. So his emphasis wasn’t on more works to make it be done on earth as its in heaven.
No that’s not the point. His point was on seeing these things as done so that the works of done-ness will appear as a manifestation of what’s already done in heaven. It’s about sight to our eyes to see, that causes works to be done. It’s not by the doing.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 5/10/2020 at 10:57 AM, missmuffet said:

There is no proper way to pray or formality to prayer. You are communication with Jesus Christ. You tell Him what is on your heart. 

Amen Miss.  We are speaking to our Heavenly Father.  We are His Child.  He wants us to come to him in simple child like faith, not with fancy words.  We sit and talk to Him just as if He were sitting right next to us, and of course He is.  Talk to Him like would talk to a best friend.  Come to Him in jeans and T-shirts, jammies and slippers, whatever. He meets us right where we are at and He knows our hearts.  I love the fact I don't not have to put on  a fancy show of words and be all proper.  It's God and me.  Still can't grasp that I can talk to the creator of this universe and He hears me and loves me.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 5/14/2020 at 8:08 PM, Willa said:

I so agree with missmuffy.  At one time I was so concerned with how to pray I became legalistic.  So I had to go back to square one and just pour out my heart to Him like a pre school kid jumping up on Daddy God's lap and overflowing with all the little thing and big, knowing that Daddy can fix it all.  He is my refuge, and my Daddy is bigger than the world's.

Amen!