• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Shalom Brother,

For some reason, and I am not sure if this is by default, the time period is set to 365 days, which causes the database to search hard for all content I have not viewed for the past year.  Of course, this means that the page takes a very long time to load.  I tried changing it to Last Visit, and save it, but it keeps changing back and I don't see how I can chose the new setting I saved.  The new "Stream" is not there to chose from.  Is this a glitch in the software or is it designed to be just a temporary setting, always reverting back to 365 days?

Not sure how many find this an issue, but it would sure take a load off the DB indexing/search function if it is something that can be fixed.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Shalom Brother,

For some reason, and I am not sure if this is by default, the time period is set to 365 days, which causes the database to search hard for all content I have not viewed for the past year.  Of course, this means that the page takes a very long time to load.  I tried changing it to Last Visit, and save it, but it keeps changing back and I don't see how I can chose the new setting I saved.  The new "Stream" is not there to chose from.  Is this a glitch in the software or is it designed to be just a temporary setting, always reverting back to 365 days?

Not sure how many find this an issue, but it would sure take a load off the DB indexing/search function if it is something that can be fixed.

Yes, it takes a long time for the unread content page to load. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

Shalom Brother,

The way I fix it is to show the entire site read each time I log off, that way it doesn't take a long time to load next time. Takes about two seconds to load

Perhaps that is one way of doing this, but I never log off.  I just close the site and when I come back, I don't need to log in again.  I've been doing this for years.  Yup, a bit lazy I am.

Seems that next to the "Unread Content" title on the left side is a very small and dim icon that, when clicked, saves the new stream settings as your default.  I was trying to set it as a saved new stream before.  Let's see if this took!

Never mind, that didn't work either.  I left the Unread Content page and when I returned the time frame was back to 365 days.

Edited by OneLight

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

it sounds as if your cookies are not saving.

I have no restrictions on cookies and I never clear cookies when I close the browser.  I will try adding https://www.worthychristianforums.com to allow under manage permissions, though I never had to do this before.  I'll let you know if this works.

Thanks George!

@George - nope, didn't work.  I tried clicking on the green check mark to remove the default time period of 365, reset the time period to Last Time Visited, then save it.  Close the browser, reopen the browser.  The main page pops right up, but when I go to unread content it was back to 365 days. 

Does it matter if I never log out or not?  I haven't logged out in years, just closed the browser.  Honestly, I am not sure if I remember my password, it's been that long.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Are you SAVING the STREAM?

Once you set up the DAY CHANGE ... look to SAVE the STREAM.  And then you can set it as your default as well.