Justin Adams

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

While 80% of Americans say they are Christian, 45% call themselves «Born Again Christians» according to Barna Group, Ventura, California, USA

Forty-Five percent of Americans say they have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, have confessed their sins and accepted Christ as Savior according to The Barna Group. But even survey author George Barna agrees that not all born again Christians are bearing fruit. What we›re finding is that there is still a lot of superficiality related to the fact that a lot of people have recognized that the spiritual dimension of their life is important. Barna finds that 36-percent of Americans are what he calls NOTIONAL CHRISTIANS, they describe themselves as Christians but do not meet the born again definition.

So, what if each Christian brought one person to Christ each year?

The current population of the United States of America is 330,764,077 as of Sunday, May 17, 2020, based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data. So approx 330k X 45% = 148k evangelical believers.

Even if you half the number, it is still a great number!

Do the math. In just a few years the whole population could be predominantly Believers.
If we could be instrumental in bringing just one person to Christ per year and see the result after just ten years..

We need to guard against the victim mentality and take the fight to the enemy one soul at a time.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

While 80% of Americans say they are Christian, 45% call themselves «Born Again Christians» according to Barna Group, Ventura, California, USA

Forty-Five percent of Americans say they have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, have confessed their sins and accepted Christ as Savior according to The Barna Group. But even survey author George Barna agrees that not all born again Christians are bearing fruit. What we›re finding is that there is still a lot of superficiality related to the fact that a lot of people have recognized that the spiritual dimension of their life is important. Barna finds that 36-percent of Americans are what he calls NOTIONAL CHRISTIANS, they describe themselves as Christians but do not meet the born again definition.

The current population of the United States of America is 330,764,077 as of Sunday, May 17, 2020, based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data. So approx 330k X 45% = 148k evangelical believers.

Do the math. In just a few years the whole population could be predominantly Believers.
If we could be instrumental in bringing just one person to Christ per year and see the result after just ten years..

Say something...

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Say something...

Let your goal be to lead 1 person to Christ, each yr, after you are saved. 1 per yr, (at least) .... realizing that you need to help them get grounded in GRACE so that they can teach it.  And once they are there, you are done.  See, when you get them grounded in God's grace, then noone can ruin them, and turn them, and then they end up a ruined Legalist who is out there preaching that you can lose your salvation, or that God chooses to burn some and chooses not to burn others.

Also, do one good deed for someone, everyday of your life.

Count all that up, and you've accomplished something good for God that you can be proud to show JESUS when you meet Him at the Judgement seat.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

9 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

We need to guard against the victim mentality and take the fight to the enemy one soul at a time.

I know the number below has to be high as not all who claim the title of Christian are true followers of Christ.  I also know that not all who claim Christ are called to plant seeds. (1 Corinthians 3:6) 

According to the Pew Research Center, the current number of Christians world wide is said to be 2.38 billion.  If each person did bring 3 people to Christ, the whole world would be saved!

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Many choose to not repent as God's Word says.

So sad. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

9 hours ago, OneLight said:

If each person did bring 3 people to Christ, the whole world would be saved!

Give it a try.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Behold said:

Give it a try.

I do, every chance I get.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I do, every chance I get.

You lead them to Christ then you immediately  tell them that the ETERNAL salvation that Christ just died to give them, can be lost if they dont "abide in the vine", or if they become a "GENTILE Broken Branch".

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,863
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

22 hours ago, OneLight said:

I know the number below has to be high as not all who claim the title of Christian are true followers of Christ.  I also know that not all who claim Christ are called to plant seeds. (1 Corinthians 3:6) 

According to the Pew Research Center, the current number of Christians world wide is said to be 2.38 billion.  If each person did bring 3 people to Christ, the whole world would be saved!

I brought two people to Jesus Christ...I have two  children....

I notice...that the. way you post is if you have not understand the meaning of the following scripture...

2 Corinthians 5:21

Bible > Greek > 2 Corinthians 5:21
Text Analysis
Strong's Greek English Morphology
3588 [e] τὸν
ton
The [One] Art-AMS
3361 [e] μὴ
not Adv
1097 [e] γνόντα
gnonta
having known V-APA-AMS
266 [e] ἁμαρτίαν
hamartian
sin, N-AFS
5228 [e] ὑπὲρ
hyper
for Prep
1473 [e] ἡμῶν
hēmōn
us PPro-G1P
266 [e] ἁμαρτίαν
hamartian
sin N-AFS
4160 [e] ἐποίησεν,
epoiēsen
He made, V-AIA-3S
2443 [e] ἵνα
hina
so that Conj
1473 [e] ἡμεῖς
hēmeis
we PPro-N1P
1096 [e] γενώμεθα
genōmetha
might become V-ASM-1P
1343 [e] δικαιοσύνη
dikaiosynē
[the] righteousness N-NFS
2316 [e] Θεοῦ
Theou
of God N-GMS
1722 [e] ἐν
en
in Prep
846 [e] αὐτῷ.
autō
Him. PPro-DM3S

Greek Texts
ΠΡΟΣ ΚΟΡΙΝΘΙΟΥΣ Β΄ 5:21 Greek NT: Nestle 1904
τὸν μὴ γνόντα ἁμαρτίαν ὑπὲρ ἡμῶν ἁμαρτίαν ἐποίησεν, ἵνα ἡμεῖς γενώμεθα δικαιοσύνη Θεοῦ ἐν αὐτῷ.

ΠΡΟΣ ΚΟΡΙΝΘΙΟΥΣ Β΄ 5:21 Greek NT: Westcott and Hort 1881
τὸν μὴ γνόντα ἁμαρτίαν ὑπὲρ ἡμῶν ἁμαρτίαν ἐποίησεν, ἵνα ἡμεῖς γενώμεθα δικαιοσύνη θεοῦ ἐν αὐτῷ.

ΠΡΟΣ ΚΟΡΙΝΘΙΟΥΣ Β΄ 5:21 Greek NT: Westcott and Hort / [NA27 and UBS4 variants]
τὸν μὴ γνόντα ἁμαρτίαν ὑπὲρ ἡμῶν ἁμαρτίαν ἐποίησεν, ἵνα ἡμεῖς γενώμεθα δικαιοσύνη θεοῦ ἐν αὐτῷ.

ΠΡΟΣ ΚΟΡΙΝΘΙΟΥΣ Β΄ 5:21 Greek NT: RP Byzantine Majority Text 2005
Tὸν γὰρ μὴ γνόντα ἁμαρτίαν, ὑπὲρ ἡμῶν ἁμαρτίαν ἐποίησεν, ἵνα ἡμεῖς γενώμεθα δικαιοσύνη θεοῦ ἐν αὐτῷ.

ΠΡΟΣ ΚΟΡΙΝΘΙΟΥΣ Β΄ 5:21 Greek NT: Greek Orthodox Church
τὸν γὰρ μὴ γνόντα ἁμαρτίαν ὑπὲρ ἡμῶν ἁμαρτίαν ἐποίησεν, ἵνα ἡμεῖς γενώμεθα δικαιοσύνη Θεοῦ ἐν αὐτῷ.

ΠΡΟΣ ΚΟΡΙΝΘΙΟΥΣ Β΄ 5:21 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Edition

ΠΡΟΣ ΚΟΡΙΝΘΙΟΥΣ Β΄ 5:21 Greek NT: Scrivener's Textus Receptus 1894
τὸν γὰρ μὴ γνόντα ἁμαρτίαν ὑπὲρ ἡμῶν ἁμαρτίαν ἐποίησεν, ἵνα ἡμεῖς γινώμεθα δικαιοσύνη Θεοῦ ἐν αὐτῷ.

ΠΡΟΣ ΚΟΡΙΝΘΙΟΥΣ Β΄ 5:21 Greek NT: Stephanus Textus Receptus 1550
τὸν γὰρ μὴ γνόντα ἁμαρτίαν ὑπὲρ ἡμῶν ἁμαρτίαν ἐποίησεν ἵνα ἡμεῖς γινώμεθα δικαιοσύνη θεοῦ ἐν αὐτῷ

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

11 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I brought two people to Jesus Christ...I have two  children....

I notice...that the. way you post is if you have not understand the meaning of the following scripture...

Really.  How do you see 1 Corinthians 3:6?  I read it as Paul saying we each have a part to play. 

I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.

Care to show me how I misunderstood?

I removed your scripture to save space so the readers didn't have to scroll up and down to see the discussion.  Also, what does your reference have to do with the discussion at hand???