IGNORED

Have I asked for guidance and forgiveness in the right way?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I posted on here back in September last year asking for help & advice as I was due to get married the week after I posted and found that I wanted to lead a more Christian life. I did marry against the advice of others (I wasn't going to break up with him a week before our wedding just because he was a non-believer). But then things got rocky 2 months later, we're still together but we've been arguing and having bad arguments. Things also spirialled out of control with my health, I was on tbalets that made my mental health really bad causing me to make a stupid choice to S/H and felt abandoned by everyone and so I lost my way with God shortly after. To be honest, I never really actively tried to create the relationship with God in the first place. 

Then this week, I felt God trying to enter my life again... it may sound silly...but I was on pinterest and all these different biblical quotes were on my feed...I haven't really searched for those specific things. Not only that, but the quotes were exactly what I had been feeling. It was as if he was reminding me that he is still here. 
I've also had other instances where I was expecting something 'bad' to happen but in the end it worked out for the better...

So last night, I really felt his presence. 

As I wallked to my corner shop, I listened to Hillsong's "Mighty to save" in the quiet of the night, in my head and with an open heart, I prayed silently;
(something along these lines anyway - it was late andd was a surreal moment)
Dear God,
Thank you for giving me the life I am living.
I am sorry for losing faith in you and my way. 
I am sorry for the things I have done in my past and hope you can forgive me. 
I ask you for forgiveness and open my heart to you.
Please can you guide me to be a better person, wife, daughter, sister, family member and employee. 
Please can you guide me so I can see how you see and lead me to a better way of life. 
Thank you,

Amen "
Then I felt a cool breeze and a weird but comforting warm tingling feeling in my body. 
I don't know if this was coincidence but it defiantly wasn't something i'd felt before.

Was this okay to ask God into my life and heart or do I need to do it differently?
I didn't speak it out loud but I asked with a clear mind, and felt ready to open my heart to him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Lifeasaking

I think i remember your previous post.  Marriage can be harder in the earlier stages than the latter sometimes. Stay close to Yahweh and live according to the Word, and I'm confident He will prosper you two. 

Now as for the prayer - I think it was perfect. As for the breeze - I'm very sure I've felt the Holy Spirit in the same way as well whilst praying! 

Only, DO pray aloud as our words have power (remember we were created in His image). Yahweh knows what's in our hearts but by praying aloud we solidify our hope and request to Him from the jumble that can pass through out minds. 

So to conclude, read the Word regularly, pray regularly (aloud), and live accordimg to the Word. Of you do these things, the Most High will lead you into all truth and liberty. 

I done the above when I was on medication for depression and He lead me by the hand to not need them ever again and He blessed my marriage in His great Mercy. 

But once again, our end of the bargain is to read the Word, do the Word and pray daily to Him - to praise and thank Him and to share our heart. 

Your exciting journey is still in the early chapters! 

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,351
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, Lifeasaking said:

Dear God,
Please can you guide me to be a better person, wife, daughter, sister, family member and employee. 
Please can you guide me so I can see how you see and lead me to a better way of life. 
Thank you,

Your prayer is fine.   What is most important is that we pray with faith, sincere in our belief in Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 5/24/2020 at 3:37 AM, Lifeasaking said:

I posted on here back in September last year asking for help & advice as I was due to get married the week after I posted and found that I wanted to lead a more Christian life. I did marry against the advice of others (I wasn't going to break up with him a week before our wedding just because he was a non-believer). But then things got rocky 2 months later, we're still together but we've been arguing and having bad arguments. Things also spirialled out of control with my health, I was on tbalets that made my mental health really bad causing me to make a stupid choice to S/H and felt abandoned by everyone and so I lost my way with God shortly after. To be honest, I never really actively tried to create the relationship with God in the first place. 

Then this week, I felt God trying to enter my life again... it may sound silly...but I was on pinterest and all these different biblical quotes were on my feed...I haven't really searched for those specific things. Not only that, but the quotes were exactly what I had been feeling. It was as if he was reminding me that he is still here. 
I've also had other instances where I was expecting something 'bad' to happen but in the end it worked out for the better...

As I wallked to my corner shop, I listened to Hillsong's "Mighty to save" in the quiet of the night, in my head and with an open heart, I prayed silently;
Dear God,
Thank you,

Amen "
Then I felt a cool breeze and a weird but comforting warm tingling feeling in my body. 
I don't know if this was coincidence but it defiantly wasn't something i'd felt before.

Was this okay to ask God into my life and heart or do I need to do it differently?
I didn't speak it out loud but I asked with a clear mind, and felt ready to open my heart to him.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+10%3A9&version=NKJV

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Write down Romans 10:9.  Put it on your mirror, and read it when you wake up in the morning.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 5/24/2020 at 3:37 AM, Lifeasaking said:

Dear God,
Thank you,

Amen "

Have you trusted Jesus Christ for salvation, to be born again, or are you trusting your spirituality/Christianity to save? The difference can be PROFOUND.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 5/24/2020 at 2:35 AM, Debp said:

What is most important is that we pray with faith, sincere in our belief in Christ.

Amen and amen. Shalom.

Faith.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/24/2020 at 8:37 AM, Lifeasaking said:

Dear God,
Thank you,

Amen "

You should always speak it as only what you speak will be noted at the judgement.