• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

You obviously can breathe thru the masks.  I can't because I have just 54% total lung function.  It was really a struggle today in 93 F temperature.

And you should not have to wear one....    maybe a handicap sticker for your forehead or something.....   I have several friends with the same problem....    but I have COPD and Asthma but have done things to get my lung volume back to nearly normal over the past two years...    it depends on whether you have an oxygen transfer problem or lung volume...   I've struggled with it for nearly 50 years.....    diaphragm problems can also cause the problem...     

However your situation really is not an excuse for the rest of not to wear masks.    actually, if your lung function is that low it is even more needful for myself and as many as can wear masks to protect you....    so you should really be politely asking me to wear a mask for your benefit and if I said no way it would just let you know that I don't respect the life of others.....   black, white or any other color.

• Well Said! 2

15 hours ago, other one said:

And you should not have to wear one....    maybe a handicap sticker for your forehead or something.....   I have several friends with the same problem....    but I have COPD and Asthma but have done things to get my lung volume back to nearly normal over the past two years...    it depends on whether you have an oxygen transfer problem or lung volume...   I've struggled with it for nearly 50 years.....    diaphragm problems can also cause the problem...    

However your situation really is not an excuse for the rest of not to wear masks.

The cause of my smaller lung capacity is not known and was only discovered during an ER visit for multiple kidney stones.  The ER doc speculated that my greatly smaller lungs might have been an undiagnosed birth defect.  I have handicapped plates for both vehicles for arthritis, epilepsy, and high blood pressure (when not medicated), type 2 diabetes, but nothing for COVID-19. 

Wikipedia - Coronavirus

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,449
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

One more thing I've learned about the COVID-19 virus, it makes normally faithful God-fearing Christians afraid of death.

Disagree with your statement.   God-fearing Christians are not afraid of death, as "it holds no sting"".   

1 Corinthians 15 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

53 For this perishable [part of us] must put on the imperishable [nature], and this mortal [part of us, this nature that is capable of dying] must put on immortality (freedom from death).

55 O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?

4 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Disagree with your statement.   God-fearing Christians are not afraid of death, as "it holds no sting"".   

1 Corinthians 15 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

53 For this perishable [part of us] must put on the imperishable [nature], and this mortal [part of us, this nature that is capable of dying] must put on immortality (freedom from death).

55 O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?

I'd like to agree with you but a sampling of posts on this website leads me to my original assessment.  I have an edge over some of the other posters since I accepted my own death as a non-Christian 50 years ago, and God gave my life back to me so I could be a part of His family.  All praise to God that He did.

7 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

The cause of my smaller lung capacity is not known and was only discovered during an ER visit for multiple kidney stones.  The ER doc speculated that my greatly smaller lungs might have been an undiagnosed birth defect.  I have handicapped plates for both vehicles for arthritis, epilepsy, and high blood pressure, but nothing for COVID-19. 

Wikipedia - Coronavirus

I don't think there is anything to show we have trouble with them.  I had the same experience with an appendix removal....   discovered my lung capacity was a bit less than 1.5 liters and O2 levels maxed at 92 but normally ran about 89% or 90%...   I started doing deep breathing exercises with an acapella device and a volume measurement thing....   I also started using a CPAP for sleeping and two years later my lung capacity is about 3 liters and normal sitting O2 is 93%. Now when I put on a mask I normally breath a little deeper and my O2 levels to up to 96%  My experience may not be a normal kind of thing and may not apply to you but I did feel compelled to mention it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

I am not afraid for myself. No fear for me.

I act in love with consideration to protect others.

Concern for the safety of others, and and acting to protect others, is not fear.

Who knows, someone I protect may have time and opportunity to be saved to due to my lovingly doing all I can to keep the virus from them.

There are many ways to serve others, by example and showing love for their safety.

I hear little from the anti-mask people about protecting others from the virus. Or a willingness to put up with some discomfort to protect others from the possibility that the anti-maskers may be asymptomatic carriers.

All I hear is "I"

I am still recovering from having the virus several months ago. We hear little from the survivors.

Edited by leah777
Clarification
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praying! 1

7 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

I certainly agree with you. Life was pretty "normal" in the days of Noah before the flood came.

After reading a few books about that time period  I'm not so sure I'd call it normal....    it is getting more and more like those days it seems if we watch the news....   but there is a lot more than 8 people that do not deserve to be drowned today.  Hopefully he will just take us away...  they persecuted Noah and his family for 120 years till the rain started...   but that discussion would get us into accepting books like 1 Enoch and a couple of others as good reports of those times.

7 hours ago, other one said:

I don't think there is anything to show we have trouble with them.  I had the same experience with an appendix removal....   discovered my lung capacity was a bit less than 1.5 liters and O2 levels maxed at 92 but normally ran about 89% or 90%...   I started doing deep breathing exercises with an acapella device and a volume measurement thing....   I also started using a CPAP for sleeping and two years later my lung capacity is about 3 liters and normal sitting O2 is 93%. Now when I put on a mask I normally breath a little deeper and my O2 levels to up to 96%  My experience may not be a normal kind of thing and may not apply to you but I did feel compelled to mention it. 

The test I took for sleep apnea was inconclusive.  My wife has sleep apnea, has the equipment, but it's so uncomfortable to use, she doesn't use it.  My O2 level is normal, 96.

Correction: The other reason I have handicapped plates on our vehicles is type 2 diabetes, not high blood pressure.

7 hours ago, leah777 said:

I am not afraid for myself. No fear for me.

I act in love with consideration to protect others.

Concern for the safety of others, and and acting to protect others, is not fear.

Who knows, someone I protect may have time and opportunity to be saved to due to my lovingly doing all I can to keep the virus from them.

There are many ways to serve others, by example and showing love for their safety.

I hear little from the anti-mask people about protecting others from the virus. Or a willingness to put up with some discomfort to protect others from the possibility that the anti-maskers may be asymptomatic carriers.

All I hear is "I"

I am still recovering from having the virus several months ago. We hear little from the survivors.

Justification: "to protect others".

Taken to extreme (and we know who the extremists are), almost every extreme position can be "reasoned justified" by skilled orators and a willing populace conditioned to accept it.  Here are some examples:

• Gun confiscation - to reduce gun violence on the streets, saves criminal lives who could become Christians at some point in time
  • Open borders - it's not Christian to keep the unfortunate from accessing America's bounty who could become Christian ...
  • Medicare for illegal aliens - Christian compassion
  • Outlaw fossil fuels - we must save the planet for future generations even if it destroys America's economy
  • Redistribute wealth - take from the rich and give to the poor even though they haven't earned it
  • Modify free speech - allow only speech that supports the ultimate agenda, a one world government
  • Force people to be vaccinated against their wishes - whatever is good for the community as the government sees it
  • Government paid for abortions - it's wrong to force the poor to pay for their abortions up to and beyond birth (infanticide)

So on and so forth.  Extremists are using our Christianity against us.  I wish everyone could see that.  But God's will be done.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

The test I took for sleep apnea was inconclusive.  My wife has sleep apnea, has the equipment, but it's so uncomfortable to use, she doesn't use it.  My O2 level is normal, 96.

Correction: The other reason I have handicapped plates on our vehicles is type 2 diabetes, not high blood pressure.

My husband and I had those same issues. He lost 56 lbs and I lost 35lbs and we are off all medications and our numbers are good.