• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

I generally just try not to get involved in such discussion about racism, because people are not thinking or talking, they are freaking out and yelling and screaming.

I don't think you can answer or talk to anyone, and have a civil conversation.

Now don't say this to anyone, because they'll just get angry.  This wasn't racism.  This was a bad cop.  I saw the video myself, the officer put his knee on the guys neck.  You never put your knee on someone's neck.   Worse, the guy in question was already in cuffs.  There is video before the incident, showing the guy was already in cuffs.

So, this was just a bad officer.  I have no idea why he put his knee on that guys neck.  Makes no sense.  Still doesn't mean it was racists.  Just bad police work that resulted in death.

Now, some question what caused the death, because there is no evidence of a neck injury, or that he was choked out.  Maybe some other health issues were involved.  Apparently he had a history of drug use.

But it doesn't matter that much, because if you pin someone to the ground with your knee on their neck, and then they die, you simply can't rule out a connection between the two.

So, my guess is the officer will do time in prison for manslaughter.

The Chief of Police said very directly, that officers are trained to put their knee on a suspects shoulder blades if they are trying to hold him down.

So....  honestly there really isn't an excuse for this.  The officer will likely be convicted and have his life ruined, and it's really sad.  The whole thing is just sad.

And I don't understand why the other officers didn't just put a hand on the officers shoulder and say "get off the guys neck".  If one person who stood up and said "come on, get off his neck", this whole thing would have never happened.

Real sad.

Racism can take many forms. Maybe it was just a bad cop or may be its a man who's been emboldened  by an atmosphere where excessive force  can be used on certian people with far less response than it would get with others. It's like  story my mother tells about my aunt. She was younger  so she realised she could start hitting my mother for no reason and say Stop acting like she was the one being beaten up and my mother would get beaten by my grandparent. 

So she did it repeatedly until  one day my mother had enough and kicked the stuffing out of her when she tried it  and she never did it again. Same principle

CENTURIES of excessive force on blacks by whites in authority may have made this man think he can do that. Look at the mob who chased and shot the black jogger. One was an ex officer 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/28/2020 at 11:09 PM, Debp said:

The four officers involved were fired.   We shall see if they will be charged with murder as they should have done something to stop the other officer.

I'll probably be castigated for this, ...yes I agree it was police brutality,

...but let's wait and see "if" they go to court, ..."who" their lawyers will be, ...if they do, ...and how "wealthy" they will be after the trial.

Remember the bus loads of protesters in the BLM riots who were paid by the rich globists to start riots?

A terrible crime. No doubt the police officers responsible shall be punished here on earth and God will judge them in the end. That is how i view the matter as a christian. 

The protests will spread coronavirus very rapidly. Thus visiting death and suffering on many many people. This world is now filled with overreaction and hatred. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

4 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

I generally just try not to get involved in such discussion about racism, because people are not thinking or talking, they are freaking out and yelling and screaming.

I don't think you can answer or talk to anyone, and have a civil conversation.

Now don't say this to anyone, because they'll just get angry.  This wasn't racism.  This was a bad cop.  I saw the video myself, the officer put his knee on the guys neck.  You never put your knee on someone's neck.   Worse, the guy in question was already in cuffs.  There is video before the incident, showing the guy was already in cuffs.

So, this was just a bad officer.  I have no idea why he put his knee on that guys neck.  Makes no sense.  Still doesn't mean it was racists.  Just bad police work that resulted in death.

Now, some question what caused the death, because there is no evidence of a neck injury, or that he was choked out.  Maybe some other health issues were involved.  Apparently he had a history of drug use.

But it doesn't matter that much, because if you pin someone to the ground with your knee on their neck, and then they die, you simply can't rule out a connection between the two.

So, my guess is the officer will do time in prison for manslaughter.

The Chief of Police said very directly, that officers are trained to put their knee on a suspects shoulder blades if they are trying to hold him down.

So....  honestly there really isn't an excuse for this.  The officer will likely be convicted and have his life ruined, and it's really sad.  The whole thing is just sad.

And I don't understand why the other officers didn't just put a hand on the officers shoulder and say "get off the guys neck".  If one person who stood up and said "come on, get off his neck", this whole thing would have never happened.

Real sad.

By 1 person being the ?‍♂️ or civilian? Because several citizens told him to get off the neck..he's handcuffed and not fighting...he can't breathe..a few times...

He must have not been struggling much or at all for a cop of smaller size to have his hands in his pockets while having his knee on your neck for 7+ minutes..not right at all

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

A terrible crime. No doubt the police officers responsible shall be punished here on earth and God will judge them in the end. That is how i view the matter as a christian. 

The protests will spread coronavirus very rapidly. Thus visiting death and suffering on many many people. This world is now filled with overreaction and hatred. 

I was thinking this too. Theyll make it far worse..

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

thank you so much all your responses i'm going to ask the mods to close this thread because it's getting very heated,  God bless you all

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

12 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Racism can take many forms. Maybe it was just a bad cop or may be its a man who's been emboldened  by an atmosphere where excessive force  can be used on certian people with far less response than it would get with others. It's like  story my mother tells about my aunt. She was younger  so she realised she could start hitting my mother for no reason and say Stop acting like she was the one being beaten up and my mother would get beaten by my grandparent. 

So she did it repeatedly until  one day my mother had enough and kicked the stuffing out of her when she tried it  and she never did it again. Same principle

CENTURIES of excessive force on blacks by whites in authority may have made this man think he can do that. Look at the mob who chased and shot the black jogger. One was an ex officer 

We should stop with the non-stop racism claims.  It's getting old.  Every time some says one thing, or looks cross-eyed, out come the accusations of being racists, and I'm getting to the point that I don't care anymore about the topic.

CENTURIES of excessive force on blacks by whites

There have been more than a few attempts to research this, and every single time they find that police officers are LESS likely to use force against blacks, than they are whites, specifically because they don't want to be called racist.

And honestly, if you look around the world, cops around the world are far far more brutal than in the US, by a wide margin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGex7ckhMPk

https://blog.witness.org/2020/04/covid19-and-police-brutality-in-africa/

Years ago, I changed lanes without using a turn signal.   True story.  Changed lanes without using my turn signal.

The officer pulled me over, pulled his gun, and started barking orders at me.

The officer was black.

Obviously excessive force on a white man, by a black man.

Now I could have sat there screaming about racism, and excessive force, and how unfair society was.

Instead I followed his orders, said "Yes sir", and eventually after some time, he put the gun away, wrote me a ticket, and sent me on my way.

Who knows why that black officer was upset.  Maybe my car matched the description of a car they were looking for.  Maybe he had a bad day.  Maybe who knows.

This officer in the case of George Floyd, who knows why he did that. But spare me this mindless non-stop chanting of racism.

If America is so bad, go see what Africa is like.  Go see what Mexico is like.  Go see what Russia is like.  Go move to any country you think is less racists, and see how that goes for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Oftentimes prejudice/racism is invisible/subconscious, and that's something that you don't recognize until it's pointed out to you and it's something you need to unlearn over time. They are profiling these people based on unconscious biases, at the very least.
(For the record, no. I'm not one of those who believes all white people are racist, or inherently racist.)

If you're not black, you don't know what it's like to be on the receiving end of systematic racism. You don't know the kinds of things they deal with or have dealt with personally. You don't know the blinders you as a white person have until you become willing to listen to the experience of those in different shoes than you. Racism/prejudice isn't always overt.
Be willing to lend an ear to a peoople that has been hurting. My black friends have told me some things.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

1 minute ago, Addy said:

Really ???? This is what you come up with?  Your answer is one of deflection and denial... and then you insult the reader with GUILT for thinking badly of America... A nation that does not evaluate accurately is one that is filled with arrogance and pride... KKK still exists in UNITED STATES of AMERICA... and YES... it is that bad... and it is that RACIST. Anyways... I don't care... as this is simply a conversation but... to come into the middle of a discussion with a TAKE it or LEAVE it comment is a cop out at best.

No it's dead on right.   We live in a dream world.  American is so good, as a place to live, that people literally in every country on the face of this planet, are trying to get to America.   More than Europe, more than the Nordic countries, more than anywhere else.

You have better life here, than anywhere.  Absolutely anywhere.

And all we do is complain, and cry, and moan, scream insults, and accuse everyone of racism.... and it's old... and it's stupid.. and I don't want to hear it anymore.

If it is really that bad, go elsewhere.  And if you want to call that a cop-out... that's fine.  Ok whatever you want to say.  Fine with me.  But I am dead on right, and I know it, because I know people from Somalia, and from Haiti, and from South Africa, and from dozens of countries around the world... all black people who immigrated here legally, and they all... ALL OF THEM.... ALL OF THEM... EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.... say it's better here.

They say the police are better here.  The laws are better here.  The culture is better here.  ALL OF THEM.

So I know I'm right... and you can call that whatever you want.  I'm done with the "everything is racists" mantra. Spare me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 5/28/2020 at 11:03 PM, shortangel said:

this week there has been a terrible killing of a black man by a police officer :(  what he did was not good,  now there are riots & looting all across the U.S. what does everyone think of what happened???  how can Christians respond to this type of a thing???  what does God's Word say about Raceism????

How we overcome this as Christians is in the unity of the Spirit and the Bond of peace. In Christ Jesus there is no races, we are all one in Christ Jesus. We are all Brothers, descended from Noah, and Adam. What we are seeing in the inner cities is "lawlessness increasing" (Matthew 24:12), What we can do is stand in unity with those who are promoting the rule of Law, while not making an excuse for those who abuse their power and authority (Tyranny).  

Just so you all know the truth here, BHO is the one that gave the "go" order for the Antifa protesters when he "accused" Trump of breaking the rule of Law with regard to the Flynn case. These Antifa protesters are his "army" funded by your taxpayer dollars along with the likes of Soros to bring down the rule of law, and bring on lawlessness. When love waxes cold this is the soil that breeds lawlessness, we need to stand up and Love our enemies, Bless those who curse us, and if called upon to suffer to rejoice that we are counted worthy to suffer for the Gospel of Christ Jesus. The days of freedom we have enjoyed in this country are quickly being replaced by tyranny and there is likely nothing we can do to stop this, But God will intervene Hallelujah, And Our redemption is drawing nigh. 

Get right with God, go to the cross, seek his face, repent and return to Him, for time is running out. The Lord Told me in 2016 the presidency of DJT was a reprieve from this for the church in this Laodicean age to take heed of those warnings, time is quickly running out. Many will fall away and indeed already have.

God Bless.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1