• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

43 minutes ago, Deeplytroubled said:

Well he's placing more attention on the 3 days AND 3 NIGHTS part  Then went on about it being an unfulfilled prophecy by Jesus himself.

We both agreed that he died on Friday, it was my mistake I'm just getting back to scripture myself. But I told him I know there's an answer to it and would be more versed in it when we talk later..today hopefully.

I just watched a video however, with the help of scripture..pointing to being crucified om Wednesday. Still going through it rn, i'll get it..

I was just going to ask if you were sure Jesus died on a Friday?   Justin reminded me of the other Sabbaths that do not fall on a Saturday.  Check out his diagram above.  It's just a shame that it could not be clearer.   The only issue I have with the timeline is that Matthew 28:1-4  states "Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.  And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it.  His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.  And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men."   I would shift the first visitation one day ahead to Sunday morning, not Saturday night.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

36 minutes ago, Deeplytroubled said:

This is the explanation video I watched.

I hope this isn't breaking any rules but is everyone else in agreement with this? Everyone might be a stretch but the majority atleast?

Yup, it is breaking the rules.  There is a special forum for videos.  Post your video there and then you can create a link here to the posted video.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Deeplytroubled said:

Well he's placing more attention on the 3 days AND 3 NIGHTS part  Then went on about it being an unfulfilled prophecy by Jesus himself.

We both agreed that he died on Friday, it was my mistake I'm just getting back to scripture myself. But I told him I know there's an answer to it and would be more versed in it when we talk later..today hopefully.

I just watched a video however, with the help of scripture..pointing to being crucified om Wednesday. Still going through it rn, i'll get it.. 

It has been brought to our attention that Jesus would have to be crucified on Thursday because both Friday and Saturday were high holy day during that year so they couldn't leave a dead person on the crosses during those days.  They would have to take Jesus down on Thursday and take Him to the tomb.  Their days lasted from sundown on the night before to sundown of that day.  It is confusing to our Western minds but makes perfect sense to Eastern minds.  So I might still be confused about this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

11 hours ago, Deeplytroubled said:

Thank you brother. 

Read miatonsabbaton.doc very carefully. You will see the translation issues there. It was Young's that put me on to this many years ago. Some seem to deliberately muddy the waters. If you see my repost of who and why the early religious 'official' church hated Jews and anything Jewish, you will see why they were disposed to an anti-Jew and anti-Sabbath concoction of events surrounding the death, burial and resurrection of Yeshua. Chuck Missler has a pretty go video about this as well.

3 days and 3 nights.jpg

The original Greek in which the Gospels were written also plainly tells us that two Sabbath days were involved in these accounts. In Matthew 28:1, where Matthew writes that the women went to the tomb “after the Sabbath,” the word Sabbath here is actually plural and should be translated “Sabbaths.” Bible versions such as Alfred Marshall’s Interlinear Greek-English New Testament, Green’s Literal Translation Young’s Literal Translation and Ferrar Fenton’s Translation make this clear. (mia ton sabbaton)

Someone also mentions that 'the first of the Sabbaths' or 'one of the Sabbaths' probably means the counting of Sabbaths towards Pentecost. They were to count 50 days, I.e. seven weekly Sabbaths (49).

There is a wealth of information to research and it is obvious the RCC (and others) reframed the crucifixion events and made up their own myths which included pagan fertility stuff such as bunnies and eggs. They melded their fertility rites with their 'easter' ideas. It is all a pagan myth. They created their myths at a time nobody could legally read the text for themselves and the priestly controlling 'experts' just told people what to think. You can find a wealth of knowledge about this as well. The common people were 'too dumb' to understand all this and Latin was the order of the day back then. Jerome's translation that Augustine adhered to was in error in several places. The later 'reformers' were equally misinformed so doctrine and dogma trumped what the texts really said.

The very early church would have been horrified at how their beliefs were so easily and readily twisted in such a short time.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Betha said:

Then how is it that people come up with a SUNday morning Resurrection which is well into the 4th day ?  They make Jesus a Liar when they ignore 'on the 3rd day' He Himself predicted.

I see it as the Principalities and Powers were so 'tweaked' by the whole Salvation issue that they pulled out all the stops to discredit it. They had been outfoxed by Yahweh and Yeshua regarding the end of their time of power that the humans who love 'power' were easily suborned and given the chance to rewrite the TRUTH.

The 'church' painted Yeshua s a white anglo-saxon man. All references to Jewishness were played down and subverted which paved the way for the Holocaust.

The apostle says, 'had they but known, they never would have killed the Lord of Glory'. They were/are TWEAKED...  It is the end for them all. See Psalm 82 and Revelation. Their time is just about over and Yeshua is seated at the right hand of Power. All has been put under His Feet.

He is ruling right now! Do not let anyone tell you Yeshua is NOT ruling at this very moment.

13 hours ago, Deeplytroubled said:

miatonsabbaton2.docUnavailable

MIA TON SABBATON

April 7, 2012

The key to understanding Yehoshua’s (Jesus’) resurrection day phrase from the inspired Word of God for the Greek text verses of Matthew 28:1, Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1, St. John 20:1,19; Acts 20:7, and 1 Corinthians 16:2 follows somewhat as ‘μια τῶν σαββατων’ which is transliterated as mia ton sabbaton and is translated to literally mean as; ‘one of the sabbaths’.

This phrase has been traditionally perceived, interpreted, and understood to read as ‘the first day of the week’ or less commonly as ‘the first of sabbaths’ in anidiomatic fashion where Hebrew weekdays are determined in a referenced order from one weekly Sabbath to the next weekly Sabbath. 

However, the resurrection day phrase the ‘first day of the week’ could have appeared in the Greek as;

‘πρώτο ημέρα του εβδομάδας’ of the original texts and transliterated as ‘prote hemera tis hebdomata’ but does NOT literally exist anywhere in any shape or form.

Consider specifically in all of the resurrection day passages stating the Koine Greek word ‘σαββατων which is transliterated as sabbaton where the literal English rendering is translated as ‘sabbaths’ and is plural of meaning in line with Greek Syntax rules.

In the key resurrection verse of Matthew 28:1 the original Koine Greek word ‘σαββατων’ appears twice in the same sentence being plural in a literal meaning at both instances, i.e. MTH 28:1.

“οψε δε σαββατων τη επιφωσκουση εις μιανσαββατων ηλθεν μαρια η μαγδαληνη και η αλλη μαρια θεωρησαι τον ταφον”
GREEK TEXT – STEPHENS (Editor) 1550 – TEXTUS RECEPTUS

The full sentence of Matthew 28:1 would render closely like;
“Late (οψε) but (δε) sabbaths (σαββατων) to the (τη) lighting-up (επιφωσκουση) into (εις) one of (μιαν) sabbaths (σαββατων) Mary (μαρια) Magdalene (μαγδαληνη) and (και ) the (η) other (αλλη) Mary (μαρια) observed (θεωρησαι) the (τον) sepulchre (ταφον).”

What could this possibly mean according to Greek Syntax where the contrasting ‘sabbaths’ in the very same sentence have a duality of definement with a co-existance between one and another?

Hence, Matthew 28:1 may be describing details in meaning like ; ‘Late (adverb) (post-after-end) (genitive of seperation) more-over (the annual Passover) sabbaths (plural) as it was lighting up (twi-lighting) on one (a cardinal number) of the (a partitive-genitive case function) sabbaths (plural)….’ etc.

Thus we are given a description of time pertaining to an interval when the Passover period was complete and had already finished. e.g. >>>

‘End (opse-adverbial) the 2 High sabbaths (Nisan 15 & 21  i.e. EX 12:16) of the Passover period onto a weekly sabbath ( 1 0f 7 ) or one sabbath from a ‘week’ of sabbaths within the 50 day counted duration between Passover (from the sheaf offering LEV 23:11,15,16) leading up to Pentecost.’

Thus, Yehoshua (Jesus) would have arrived at Bethany on Friday Nisan 8th being six days before the Passover on Thursday Nisan 14th A.D. 34. He was crucified on Wednesday Nisan 20th in the Passover preparation day (JHN 19:31) to Thursday Nisan 21 (Holy Convocation Day) and would resurrect 3 days and 3 nights later (Sign of Jonah/MTH 12:39, 40) on the weekly sabbath late afternoon of Saturday Nisan 23rd. This day being one integral sabbath in a week of sabbaths (7 weekly sabbaths) within the counted 50 day period leading up to Pentecost i.e. LEV 23:15.

* To clarify the original intended meaning furthermore behind the mia ton sabbaton phrase, you may view a Word Press article entitled;

A TREATISE ON THE LORD’S DAY

>>> 

http://pmary65.wordpress.com/

by The Consolidated Christian Commemoration

consolidatechristcommemorated@aim.com

* May God Bless You immensely with a sound Biblical understanding regarding the mia ton sabbaton resurrection phrase.

https://miatonsabbaton.wordpress.com/2012/04/07/the-resurrection-of-yehoshua-on-mia-ton-sabbaton/

• Brilliant! 1

The greatest problem with this subject is the lack of knowledge as  has been pointed out.

In 363 AD, the Catholic church decreed many things, here are three that are very important to the subject:

Site: [www.newadvent.org/fathers/3806.htm]

Canon 29

Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honouring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ.

Canon 37

It is not lawful to receive portions sent from the feasts of Jews or heretics, nor to feast together with them.

Canon 38

It is not lawful to receive unleavened bread from the Jews, nor to be partakers of their impiety.

From 363 AD to the 1517 AD, tradition was fully locked in on this subject and why dictionaries and most translations all read like the canons of the Council of Laodicea. Very antisemitic!

They separated the "church" from the "Jews" and did away with the linking of Jesus as a Jew. They changed the meaning of the word Sabbath (which even in Greek today, means Saturday) into "[day] of the week" thereby making Jesus a Sunday person instead of the Sabbath person which He Himself declared. At least the KJV admits they had to add [day] to the phrase because it does not appear in the Greek.

Matthew 12:8
For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Deuteronomy 5:12
“Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as Yahweh your God commanded you.

Genesis 2:2
On the seventh day God finished his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Also the Pharisees changed the day in which they keep the Passover instead of the 14th of Nisan to the 15th of Nisan which is why John said, over and over "the Jew's Passover" (John 2:13, 11:55) which they celebrated (even today) on the 15th of Nisan contrary to the word of God. I asked an Israeli Jewish friend why and he didn't have an answer.

Leviticus 23:5
In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month in the evening, is Yahweh’s Passover.

Then you have the changing of the calendar from Roman, to Julian, to Gregorian, and the year of the Jewish calendar after Jesus died to obfuscate Him as the Messiah. Now you have multiple sources for confusion concerning the day of the Lord's death and resurrection. I am not surprised by this at all. It was the single greatest blow to the devil the Father could do to him, so the devil created what he does best, confusion.

If you use the unbiased original versions (Greek and Hebrew) it's undeniable and irrefutable that Jesus died on Wednesday, 483 years 13 days after Daniel's prophecy, Daniel 9:25-26, just like the first Passover. And on the Hebrew calendar, the list of Wednesday that fall on 14 Nisan are:

9 April 27 (Julian)

5 April 30 (Julian)

20 March 37 (Julian)

With Daniel's prophecy to contend with, it could only have happened on 9 April 27 when Jesus died at the age of 32 and 5 month 28 days.

Of the 62 times σάββατον "Sabbaton" is translated, 8 times it's "[day] of the week" and  54 times as Sabbath. Every one of the 6 times, it is concerning Jesus' resurrection and once about fasting "twice a [week]" and bringing in the tithes on the "first [day] of the week". In Greek the word for "week" is εβδομάδα (evdomáda) and the word does NOT appear in the word of God.

Here is the proper translation of Matt 28.

Matthew 28:1
And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulcher

Leviticus 23:15-17
You shall count from the next day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven Sabbaths shall be completed: even to the next day after the seventh Sabbath you shall number fifty days; and you shall offer a new meal offering to Yahweh. You shall bring out of your habitations two loaves of bread for a wave offering made of two tenth parts of an ephah of fine flour. They shall be baked with yeast, for first fruits to Yahweh.

As with the truth, most dogma wins out and the truth is rejected. While some will say "what difference does it make" I say that the every jot and  tittle means something and means what it says. Throw away your vain philosophies and doctrines of devils and return to the truth of the word of God. You cannot get it from any translation. With the advent of the internet, you have no excuse not to understand Greek and Hebrew with proper tools. Thanks to a lot of great dictionaries, you can through the Holy Spirit discern the truth. Study to show YOURSELF...

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew yourself approved unto God, a workman that need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you all for the meat given to me, it's really appreciated.

❤❤

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/29/2020 at 2:50 PM, Deeplytroubled said:

For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. Matthew 12:40 NIV 

It's something my muslim friend brought up about a possible unfulfilled prophecy by Jesus. At this time last night I didn't provide an answer and I wasn't Not happy with it but know that there is a clear explanation. So i'm hoping someone can lead me to scripture that answers this. Please and thank you. 

Jesus was dead for 3 days.  Like Jonah was in the belly of the fish.

It happened exactly as Jesus said it would.  What is the question?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/29/2020 at 10:59 AM, Justin Adams said:

Yeshua died on Wednesday Nisan 14.

Wednesday 12 noon 'til sundown, ...Day 1, 

Thursday, ...Day 2,

Friday, Day 3

Saturday, Day 4,

OOOPS...

However.....,

Thursday (starting at sundown Wednesday night, ...the 10th of Nisan, until sundown Thrusday  at 3:00 PM, ...when Jesus died, Day 1,

Friday, Day 2,

Saturday, Day 3 

Three days...

Thrusday night, Night 1

Friday night, Night 2

Saturday night, Night 3

Three nights,

Voilà,

Three days and three nights

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1