• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Never felt comfortable in buildings with statues idols and icons no matter how beautifully they were carved painted or assembled. They kind of creep me out. Honoring angels and the like seems a wrong headed emotion to me. But I will side with those defending them for their sake over the useful idiots of the demons and little antichrists serving Satan today. Satan knows a weak spot and how to divide. He knows how to work his own useful idiots. I do pray  for them to come to see Jesus at the cross not as an icon nor idol but instead as their own personal savior whose blood was soaked up by the dust from which man was made by Jesus. He made us, He died for us, He has saved all whom His Father has given Him. Statues do nothing  to that saving sacrifice one way or another. Worry over statues is a diversion from faith. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

It is an attack Christianity. It won’t stop there.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I truly find it fascinating that people will consider this idolatry, but that family hearilum vase is priceless. This is something I myself prayed about with my tulpas. They are pieces of art depicting an imagined reality. Its a place that everyone has in their own version really. Most people imagine a meadow or a lake where they can sit down and be peaceful. I just like to make the place a little more interesting. I also find my imagination do this more often without me acknowledging it. I am just so used to imagining fantasy. I even really enjoy telling it and I love art and writing for that reason.

Ok where is our understanding of basic English? The scripture that really sticks out here in idolatry is Deuteronomy 5:8. The word graven is used as an adjective in this sentence. What is an adjective? It is an attribute to what ever word its describing. In this scripture its describing an image. So lets imagine now shall we? We still have imagination right? There is this painter well name Bob. He likes to paint giraffes with pink poke-dots. Well he would not painting them if he did not find the idea of a pink poke-dot giraffe an interesting concept. Perhaps he has some stories about a little child like character. So, he gives this painting character. Imagine if you will this character holding tea cup and acting like any other person would at the age of 5 or 6. Stuffed animals and the like. All at the table and she talks to them as if they are real people.

One would might say this is promoting idolatry. After all she is treating as real characters right? However, in her mind its obvious that this is all play and an imagined reality. How about the painter? I imagine this story he imagined is play pretend and he himself would have a family of devoted Christians. That fictional pink poke-doted giraffe is representative of the daughter he loves. In the same way we have illustrations of who we imagine Jesus and the disciples were. Although to my knowledge there are no accurate paintings of Jesus or the disciples because Christians were being massacred after Jesus died. We know this in the later sections of the New Testament. Paul's life before hand was a testimony of this. I don't think we have evidence saying there was no painters in those times just enjoying their art and presenting a gift to their culture. 

I really doubt many Christians believe that the images of Jesus we today is an accurate representation. After all the Bible does not describe in any detail the physical features that Jesus had. It totally leaves a blank slate as to what he really looked like. We can only imagine. If stained glass windows and sculptures are idols then then the Black Lives Matters movement have created an idol out of a Jesus they had imagined to be Black. Its a depiction in their head right? Its an image none-the-less. I find this whole tearing down statues thing to be comical generally because we don't worship images or sculptures. We worship Gods word and the person who the pieces of art depict. We don't the art if that makes sense?      

Edited by LittlePebble10
clarity

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

On 6/23/2020 at 8:03 PM, shortangel said:

ok there was this guy on T.V. & this guy thinks that Statues of Jesus being white should be torn down because they promote white superemcy,  also he wants to get rid of stained glass windows that have Jesus & the disciples in the windows?  what does everyone think about this?  I don't think it's a good idea

I think it is ridiculous. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I think it is ridiculous. 

It is great fun to go into the Museum of fine art at Boston MA. and look at the various artwork depicting biblical events, and especially as to how Jesus is represented in those works. I especially enjoy some of the Mongolian area art pieces that depict Jesus as what I would think of as an American movie representation  of Genghis Khan. Last supper porcelains of Italian origin are interesting too with  each member  on a stool in happy mode sitting upright and merry.

I find I do have a differing conclusion on whether people worship statues and icons. They sure do, always have. They name them for the trait  of the god they represent or the angels or cherubs or whatever they think has influence with  powers of the universe. Many a Christian has fallen into that habit, having a "lucky " piece of one kind or another or a intercessor other than Jesus  to pray to often in repetitive manner.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Doing or saying anything disrespectful against JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!! is absolutely evil 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The way things are going there will be nothing left of the wests' Christian heretage.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

6 hours ago, steve morrow said:

IMAGES -- STATUES  ??  WORKS

DEUTERONOMY 5:8  thou shalt not make thee any graven image or --OR  ANY  LIKENESS  OF  ANYTHING  THAT  IS  IN  HEAVEN  ABOVE-- or that is in the earth beneath or that is in the waters beneath the earth

HOSEA 10:2  their heart is divided now shall they be found faulty  HE  shall break down their altars  HE  shall spoil their images

MICAH 5:13  thy graven images also will I cut off and thy  --STANDING  IMAGES-- OUT OF THE MIDST OF THEE-- and thou shalt no more worship the WORK  OF  THY  HANDS 

ACTS 19:24  for a certain man named demetrius a silversmith which made silver shrines for diana brought no small gain unto the craftsmen

--19:25--  whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation and said sirs you know by this craft we have our wealth 

--19:26--  moreover you see and hear that not alone at  EPHESUS  but almost throughout all asia this paul hath persuaded and turned away much people saying that they be no gods which are made with hands 

--19:27--  so that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought but also that the temple of the great goddess diana should be despised and her magnificence should be destroyed whom all asia and the world worshippeth 

--19:28--  and when they heard these sayings they were full of wrath and cried out great is diana of the EPHESIANS 

--19:29--   and the whole city was filled with confusion and having caught gaius and aristarchus men of macedonia pauls companions in travel they rushed with one accord into the theatre 

--19:30--  and when paul would have entered in unto the people the disciples suffered him not 

--19:31--  and certain of the chief of asia which were his friends sent unto him desiring him that he would not adventure himself into the theatre

--19:32-- some therefore cried one thing and some another --- FOR  THE  ASSEMBLY  WAS CONFUSED --- and the more part  --- KNEW  NOT  WHEREFORE  THEY  WERE  COME  TOGETHER ---

EPHESIANS 2:8  for by grace are you saved through faith and that not of yourselves it is the gift of  GOD  --2:9-- not of works lest any man should boast 

TITUS 2:11  for the grace of  GOD  that bringeth salvation hath appeared unto all men  --2:12--  TEACHING  US  that denying ungoliness and worldly lusts we should live -- SOBERLY -- RIGHTEOUSLY -- AND  GODLY -- IN  THIS  PRESENT  WORLD 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

Pretty much this.  Based on the commandment quoted above this really just plays into God's hands.  If you were to ask God if we should have had any statues, or depictions made of Jesus or Himself He would have said no.  Of course the motivation of the individual calling for this has nothing to do with adhering to this commandment, it could just be one of the ways God uses to work His Holy Will.

I would be very interesting in seeing what would happen should these people try to break into a Catholic church to tear down a crucifix, or break the stained glass windows.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

very interesting perspective :)