IGNORED

Why doesn't President Trump ban homosexuality if he's a Christian?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

Jesus didn't ban it in the Roman empire, nor call on such.

Homosexuality is banned in Christianity.  You can't be a Christian and a homosexual.

But we live in a pagan culture.  This is not a the Christian nation it was founded on.   Most people are pagans.  Jesus didn't go around screaming at pagans.  In Luke 9, a Samaritan village refused to welcome Jesus because he was going to Jerusalem, and his disciples asked if they should call down fire to burn the villagers, and Jesus rebuked them.

So the idea that we should ban Homosexuality, is just not a thing.   We are Christians. We should have a higher standard for ourselves, and lower standard for the Pagans.

Learn from the Amish for example.  They don't care what we do.  They live their lives, as they see fit, and mind their own business.  You come rolling up in a Mercedes, and buy some watermelon, they don't start lecturing you on how worldly and evil the opulent car is, or how your dressed.  They just sell you the melons and wish you the best, and wave goodbye.

Now if another Amish does something like that, then they have a problem.  You can't be Amish, and live like the pagans.

But they don't bother pagans on how they live.

We Christians should be the same.  We deal with other Christians. 

You see a Christian that says they are Homosexual, you should make a point to correct them.  You should get in their face, and point to the Bible and say NO... the Bible says that is wrong, and you need to choose whether you are Christian or Homosexual, because you can't be both!.

But the pagans are pagan.  They don't believe our Bible, nor our morals, nor our standard for living.  Leave them alone.

And as far as Trump... I don't even know if Trump is a Christian.  He's a politician.  And reality TV star.  But Christian?  Who knows.  Do you know his heart?  I don't.

We need to be people that worry about our lives, and our Christian community.  Not what the pagans do.

“Jesus didn't ban it in the Roman empire, nor call on such.”

Jesus did ban homosexuality by affirming the Jewish religion. 

“But we live in a pagan culture.  This is not a the Christian nation it was founded on.   Most people are pagans.  Jesus didn't go around screaming at pagans.  In Luke 9, a Samaritan village refused to welcome Jesus because he was going to Jerusalem, and his disciples asked if they should call down fire to burn the villagers, and Jesus rebuked them.”

You’re not a Pagan are you? So, why do you speak like one?

You see a Christian that says they are Homosexual, you should make a point to correct them.  You should get in their face, and point to the Bible and say NO... the Bible says that is wrong, and you need to choose whether you are Christian or Homosexual, because you can't be both!.”

What do you think I am doing right now? 

“But the pagans are pagan.  They don't believe our Bible, nor our morals, nor our standard for living.  Leave them alone.”

That’s not what Jesus thought of them as they are God’s creation too. In fact, many eventually converted to Christianity with persistence as opposed to complacency. You sound more pagan with your comments than a Christian. It is not a bother to alert someone about what could prevent them from going to hell. It is a bother to leave them alone and let them burn in hell eternally, God willing. 

“And as far as Trump... I don't even know if Trump is a Christian.  He's a politician.  And reality TV star.  But Christian?  Who knows.  Do you know his heart?  I don't.”

Last I checked, President Trump said with his own words he’s a Christian. Also, last I checked, President Trump is no longer in Kindergarten, and in America, we hold people accountable to their word as their word is taken as good enough with the principle of everyone is innocent until proven guilty. 

Edited by Andy Maleh

6 hours ago, furrychristian said:

If we value freedom of religion, then our national laws cannot favor anyone's religious views. What you're advocating for is theonomy, not a democratic republic.

The only thing we value is God’s good. Everything else is secondary.

6 hours ago, furrychristian said:

I'm a Christian and a biromantic asexual. What this means is that I feel romantic attraction to both sexes with no desire for sexuality with either. However, I know better than to act on the attractions I experience. But I do still experience them.

I think what you're going for is more along the lines of "one cannot be a practicing homosexual and a Christian". Someone is a homosexual if they are attracted to the same sex, that doesn't necessarily mean they are practicing.

Nobody is interested in learning about your private sex life on a Christian forum. May God bless you. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

He can’t. You can though. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

11 hours ago, furrychristian said:

If we value freedom of religion, then our national laws cannot favor anyone's religious views. What you're advocating for is theonomy, not a democratic republic.

What I'm advocating is pleasing God, which is what every Christian wants to do.  It's not to do with "religious views" but with God's truth, as revealed in the Holy Bible.  Religious views originate from men; whereas, God's truth comes from Him.

By the way, I'm British, so I don't live in a democratic republic anyway.  I live in a constitutional monarchy, with a sovereign parliament.

Some of our laws are Bible-based and some are definitely not; but they all should be.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, David1701 said:

What I'm advocating is pleasing God, which is what every Christian wants to do.  It's not to do with "religious views" but with God's truth, as revealed in the Holy Bible.  Religious views originate from men; whereas, God's truth comes from Him.

By the way, I'm British, so I don't live in a democratic republic anyway.  I live in a constitutional monarchy, with a sovereign parliament.

Some of our laws are Bible-based and some are definitely not; but they all should be.

if we base them on the old testament we would stone them,    is that what you are suggesting?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, other one said:

if we base them on the old testament we would stone them,    is that what you are suggesting?

No, that's not what I mean.  What I mean is that our laws should be based on what God says is right and wrong.  The OT laws are very helpful, in this regard, but countries nowadays are not OT Israel and the principles should include not only righteousness and justice but also compassion and a desire to rehabilitate, where possible (e.g. how Jesus dealt with the woman caught in adultery).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

What I find interesting is that none of the instructions left in the new testament, none of them, tell us to get involved in the government or change the laws. Rather we are told that we are only sojourners in this world, that it is not our home, and that Jesus' kingdom is not of this world

1 hour ago, other one said:

There are people who believe we should bring back the OT laws

6 hours ago, Andy Maleh said:

The only thing we value is God’s good. Everything else is secondary.

6 hours ago, Andy Maleh said:

Nobody is interested in learning about your private sex life on a Christian forum. May God bless you. 

You are fantastic at throwing out red herrings