LittlePebble10

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Some of my favorite artist do mostly digital work. I myself prefer mixed media. I really love to challenge the possibility of what may or may not work. Like recently I been working on a piece that is acrylic paint and color pencil. I been using  Basics full body for the acrylic and Prisma Premier for the color pencil. I generally use Apple Barrel to make my own gesso. I need something that does not come out too smooth due to how you need tooth for color pencil to work. I mix in chalk powder commonly used for food grade calcium. Then I add a little bit of water and baby powder to help make it a little more workable. I will also use school glue to make it forgiving. When ever I get too dark I can use a little bit of water and a scraper to remove the color and then cover it with freshly mixed custom gesso. I also really enjoy graphite and charcoal because it helps me understand light of an object that I am having trouble with. Like I spent a couple hours using one of my pacifiers to do the piece I use for my avatar across the forums I am on. I really need to update it with a new one though. I been using this avatar a bit too long. I have a new pacifier that I imagined for my OC to use. I also made up one for my tulpa named Molly. Hers is one that has quartz crystals and her initials MC on it. Her father was an Engineer specialized in mining a special type of crystal that is easily converted into electrical power for homes. Instead of power lines they use a pipe line that carries the processed crystals in a liquid. Once processed it has to be kept under pressure in order to keep it from changing directly into electrical energy.

Once I have my apartment all picked up and organized I hope to do a lot of concept art for my book series. I really need it if I am going to put art on my electronic projects. I also have a few pieces I want to update like the pacifiers. One of them has a cross in the background in like an abstract type of art. With the words, "Autism is hard, but it would be impossible without God."

So, anyone want to fill in on what mediums they use and what Kind of art they do?  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I mainly do digital forr commissions and stuff, though I also sketch a lot. I like working with markers, too, and I have Faber Castell pens I use for lining.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

20 hours ago, LittlePebble10 said:

So, anyone want to fill in on what mediums they use and what Kind of art they do?  

Best I've found is #2 pencil with 30% cotton paper to sketch anything, anytime, anywhere. Shalom.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 6/25/2020 at 9:36 PM, furrychristian said:

I mainly do digital forr commissions and stuff, though I also sketch a lot. I like working with markers, too, and I have Faber Castell pens I use for lining.

You know I got into a sort of conversation on a live stream with Tsitra360. (An artist I look up to). He mentioned how both digital and and traditional mediums have their own advantages and disadvantages. The biggest disadvantage of traditional is that you cannot change how chemistry and the physics of light work. While you can do this in digital traditional picks up the being advantage of pieces being worth more. Digital art can only make prints to sell. There is no original piece because its all in big data structures of binary numbers. A lot of people criticize digital because of this. In reality pixel art is a thing. Whether it be stencils, words/letters placed strategically to depict an image, or stippling from a pencils. Comic books began with carefully measured sections to present a story of slides in an appealing-to-the-eye way. Perhaps the biggest reason people turn to digital is because its a lot easier to maintain. It does not cost less due to the price of the tablet, the high end graphics computer, and a reasonable art program. I traditionally use GIMP for minor editing and for experimenting with layers. I would like to get into digital, but I can't afford the stuff for it. Especially because I got my own craft taking up a lot of money already. It sure would be easier to be able to put pigment into a panel for a modular synth though. Sticker, computerized ink of some sort for metal, or even laser engraving. However, its a lot more affordable for me to do this traditionally since I already invest a lot of money into paints and traditional mediums.    

On 6/26/2020 at 6:02 PM, branchesofHim said:

Best I've found is #2 pencil with 30% cotton paper to sketch anything, anytime, anywhere. Shalom.

I actually enjoy using a normal number 2 pencil when I am just trying to sketch something out to understand the object of study better. I will even use cheap printer paper. I always cringe at people using notebook paper unless they are doing a optical illusion that requires it. Printer paper is a lot cheaper than note book paper. Plus its loose and easy to keep a lot of on hand. I tend to stock up on it when ever I am agrivated with my sketching. When I get something that really seems interesting or I fall in love with something I use a light table to transfer it onto better paper. I am actually planning on building a light table with circuitry that dims several sets of light. It will work exactly like the opacity settings in Adobe Photoshop. Except its limited to how may sheets of glass are used between strips of lights and the thickness of paper used. The idea in the beginning was just to make things easier to see how dark my liens are without losing the underside image. Now I hope to make something that will provide flexibility for sketching. The final can be inked onto a good mixed media paper and then finished into one solid image withing a traditional medium.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i guess my only medium would be digital camera.....   i can print that on just about anything.

i've done some on canvas and some on metal   this one on canvas for a couple of people at their request

sn.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Acrylic Paints, Oil is far too permanent and I am far too clumsy, its a bad mix. Being able to wash up with soapy water is a blessing. Just a beginner though

But I do miss the wet on wet blending that oils give you

snowmelt.jpg

Edited by Riverwalker
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 5 months later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Oil paint.

• 9 months later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Mainly oil paints, lead pencil, and ink.