• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,232
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Yes.. we all will die.. I have been judged already so.. I go right to the Father. Now as for how long we live.. we can believe what man has been saying or God "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/25/2020 at 10:47 PM, Episcopius said:
On 6/25/2020 at 10:41 PM, branchesofHim said:

Indeed in perspective.  But you will die. Shalom.

I'm pretty much countin' on it, but it is possible to be changed and not experience death.

Romans 6:6-11

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Well, I reckon I don't count so good........
default_cool2.gif.485ea83c094a1010ab8707164cd254e3.gif

I know, I know..

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

42 minutes ago, Betha said:
3 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Yes.. we all will die.. I have been judged already so.. I go right to the Father. Now as for how long we live.. we can believe what man has been saying or God "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” :)

Hardly anyone lives that long now.     Seems like a further reduction in our lifetime has taken place since then  

Psalm 90v10   'The days of our years  are threescore years and ten' - on average, most die around 70 or 80. I happen to have made it to nearly 91 now...but it certainly is not by my own effort !!!

I don't think that the Genesis passage about 120 years, is intended to indicate lifespan, but that God was only going to put up with mankind for another 120 years before he would bring His judgement of the human race in the form of a flood. You are indeed right, that that age that people lived to fell abruptly after the flood, and where you quoted 70 to 80 years, still seems to be normative. Even with our advances in medicine and knowledge of nutriton, 70 to 80 is in the normal range.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,693
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The Lord of my shame died for me that I may live with Him. He came  He suffered He died He paid the price of my sin He descended arose and has ascended. He will return and reign and bring all those given him by His Father to be residents of a new place a new earth and a new heaven. 

Reminds my of some lyrics by Fernando Ortega that has much meaning for me: Though I am weak Sometimes weary In times of trial I hide my face In the balance Judge me wholly Please don't judge me By my shame In dark hours Of confrontation When words may fall Too soon to unsay Don't mistake them For my true meaning They are measures Of my shame I have tried to Live life humbly Not a coward Not in vain When my meekness Overcomes me Remember me Not my shame Not my shame I am small And self-conscious Every mirror Reflects the grain Judge my essence By my kinships Remember me Not my shame I am weak Sometimes weary Sometimes small I hide away When my hours Are all accounted Please don't bind me To my shame I have tried to Live life humbly Not a coward Not in vain When my meekness Overcomes me Remember me Not my shame Not my shame

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 6/26/2020 at 3:58 AM, branchesofHim said:

Hebrews 9:[27] And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

That is what matters the most how a person will be at judgement, not how someone is regarded in this life.

• Well Said! 1