• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

54 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Gene Roddenberry: Everything You Want to Know

Being a credits junkie, I knew Gene Roddenberry wrote many scripts for Have Gun, Will Travel most with a Christian theme.  I wasn't aware of some of his other earlier work and his rejection of Christianity.

He actually in Star Trek V: The Final Fromtier (movie) god is a character, albeit its provrn to be a false god as Bones says, “I doubt any god that influcts pain for pleasure,” and I love Kirk’s question to the false diety, “don’t you know my name? Arn’t you God?” and “what does God need with a starship?” Then at the end of the film, Kirk says “I think God is in here,” pointing to his chest and possibly alluding to “Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16)

In Star Trek VI: The Undiscoverd Country, Spock tells a female Vulcan that the painting in his quarters is a Creation myth, the Expulsion from Paradise.  Which is offensive. 

In Star Trek Discover Butham says: 

“Michael Burnham: We are no longer on the eve of battle. Even so, I come to ask myself the same question that young soldier asked the general all those years ago: "How do I defeat fear?" The general's answer: "The only way to defeat fear is to tell it 'No'." No - we will not take shortcuts on the path to righteousness. No - we will not break the rules that protect us from our basest instincts. No - we will not allow desperation to destroy moral authority. I am guilty of all these things. Some say that in life, there are no second chances. Experience tells me that this is true. But we can only look forward. We have to be torchbearers, casting the light so we may see our path to lasting peace. We will continue exploring, discovering new worlds, new civilizations. Yes - that is the United Federation of Planets... Yes - that is Starfleet... Yes, that is who we are... And who we will always be.” 

I have always felt the mission of starfleet had a Sci-fi ring to it like Great Commission: 

“Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before!” 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

He actually in Star Trek V: The Final Fromtier (movie) god is a character, albeit its provrn to be a false god as Bones says, “I doubt any god that influcts pain for pleasure,” and I love Kirk’s question to the false diety, “don’t you know my name? Arn’t you God?” and “what does God need with a starship?” Then at the end of the film, Kirk says “I think God is in here,” pointing to his chest and possibly alluding to “Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16)

In Star Trek VI: The Undiscoverd Country, Spock tells a female Vulcan that the painting in his quarters is a Creation myth, the Expulsion from Paradise.  Which is offensive. 

In Star Trek Discover Butham says: 

“Michael Burnham: We are no longer on the eve of battle. Even so, I come to ask myself the same question that young soldier asked the general all those years ago: "How do I defeat fear?" The general's answer: "The only way to defeat fear is to tell it 'No'." No - we will not take shortcuts on the path to righteousness. No - we will not break the rules that protect us from our basest instincts. No - we will not allow desperation to destroy moral authority. I am guilty of all these things. Some say that in life, there are no second chances. Experience tells me that this is true. But we can only look forward. We have to be torchbearers, casting the light so we may see our path to lasting peace. We will continue exploring, discovering new worlds, new civilizations. Yes - that is the United Federation of Planets... Yes - that is Starfleet... Yes, that is who we are... And who we will always be.” 

I have always felt the mission of starfleet had a Sci-fi ring to it like Great Commission: 

“Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before!” 

If you read the whole piece I linked, he never really denied God's existence, just organized religion's interpretation.  Only God knows what he really felt.  I know I can tell his writing on Have Gun, Will Travel over any other writer.  There's Christian morality to the stories he authored, imho.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

9 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

If you read the whole piece I linked, he never really denied God's existence, just organized religion's interpretation.  Only God knows what he really felt.  I know I can tell his writing on Have Gun, Will Travel over any other writer.  There's Christian morality to the stories he authored, imho.

Ah, I didn’t see the link. 

I think stories end up telling  Christian truths because of what J.R.R. Tolkien once said, “we are all telling the same story, weither people know it or not, its the Bible.” 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Well actually, my mother and I have been watching star trek the next generation together. That program was on when I was a kid but we have been rewatching it. I don't really have a favorite episode.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

TNG is my favourite of the lot, particularly the Seasons 3-5.

I can't stand Voyager because it was just so dumb from the direction it took. I liked many of the characters. There was a real potential to that series that never got realized. I wanted to see the ship slowly get transformed and patched up over the years as they made their way home. And how many shuttle craft did they lose over the years?

Of the movies, I'd go with II, IV and VI.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 8/30/2020 at 8:48 PM, teddyv said:

TNG is my favourite of the lot, particularly the Seasons 3-5.

I can't stand Voyager because it was just so dumb from the direction it took. I liked many of the characters. There was a real potential to that series that never got realized. I wanted to see the ship slowly get transformed and patched up over the years as they made their way home. And how many shuttle craft did they lose over the years?

Of the movies, I'd go with II, IV and VI.

I liked Voyager when they were fighting the Borg.   But now that I have been currently watching Star Trek Enterprise, I am really enjoying that show.    I like Captain Archer, T' Pol and Trip.   And I enjoy episodes battling different aliens.

I saw the ending of the series several days ago.   Now they are starting with the first episode again.   It's on H & I (Heroes & Icons).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I was a Trekker / Trekkie long before it was cool.

I have several other scripts on my plate now but I wrote

a Star Trek movie which reboots the J.J. Abrams universe

back to whatever form of Star Trek creators / writers / fans

want it to be.

I even pitched some time ago an idea the producers rejected /

ignored called Star Trek Chronicles where new TV series (plural)

interchanged each week from a different Trek era (like the old movie of the week

did with Columbo, McCloud, and MacMillan and Wife decades ago). One week

the Original, next week Enterprise, next week Voyager, next week DS9, Next Gen and 

so on.

I even pitched the idea of a series just before Enterprise where boomers traveled together

for safety called  Star Trek Convoy.

I could inundate you guys with scripts, images I photoshopped, even a video or two I saved from

dozens I've deleted. 1838551804_bispocks.jpg.bc797b146e66a0b12d06ddc1f1aa9bf5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

See TOS episode Bread and Circuses for the most Christian script to hit TV

ever (IMHO) watch to the end.

And Roddy was a humanist no doubt. But he also toyed with higher beings

throughout much of his scripts Trelane / Q  / the false deity in Final Frontier...

and he also depicted (which we can benefit from) how Christless the future can become

if we continue on the path of turning our backs on him as we have in America for generations now.

Scopes Monkey trial and Darwinian evolution worming their way into public education... the banning of

school prayer / Bible teaching.... abortion / fornication

the list goes on.

This concerns me more than TV series like Trek.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

On 7/18/2020 at 7:19 PM, Debp said:

Posting this here since it seems no one looks at the TV forum much.

I found a channel called H & I (Heroes and Icons).   They broadcast all of the old Star Trek series.

I am enjoying Star Trek Voyager and Star Trek Enterprise alot.   Just started watching recently.   Voyager has the female Captain.   I also like Captain Archer on Enterprise.   Lots of action on these two series, and the special effects of space and the starship are really good!

Anyone else like Star Trek?   If so, which series are your favorites?

I am a huge fan of Star Trek: TNG. Picard for life lol.

• Haha 1