LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I remember being taught that a person gets saved, but does not receive the Holy Spirit until sometime later. That the gift of the Holy Spirit is a separate thing from being saved. And that you have to seek out the Holy Spirit in order to have the Holy Spirit in your life. This was referred to as "sanctification".  In other words. You can be saved and on your way to Heaven. But you do not have the Holy Spirit in your life unless you seek to have it and that comes after you have been saved.   I am now starting to question this way of thinking. I am thinking now that when a person is saved. They have the Holy Spirit in their life at the moment they become saved. Then from there with the help from the Holy Spirit, that they grow in their Christian walk.  I am thinking that there is no two classed of Christians. Those who are just saved, and those who are saved and also have the Holy Spirit or also called Saved and Sanctify.  So what do you all think of this?  Am I one the right path here with thinking that when you are saved you have the Holy Spirit right then? Or Does the Holy Spirit come later?    :confused:

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

37 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I remember being taught that a person gets saved, but does not receive the Holy Spirit until sometime later.

I always get these deep topics at a time when I can't go into a detailed post. This is a breakfast service time here and very busy. I believe you're speaking of a separate experience known as, "the baptism of the Holy Ghost". 

Am I one the right path here with thinking that when you are saved you have the Holy Spirit right then?

Oh, good grief! Now I've got you into my font! I'm sorry. This is your quote though. If we receive Jesus, He was the fullness of the Godhead on earth. When He ascended into Heaven after the resurrection, He through the Father sent the Holy Ghost upon the disciples and other following believers on the Day of Pentecost.

His disciples asked Jesus to show them the Father even prior to the crucifixion.

What did He say?

"If you've seen me, you've seen the Father".  

Anyway, when we receive Jesus, we also receive His fullness.

Father, Son, Holy Ghost.

Does this make sense to you? 

Or Does the Holy Spirit come later?    :confused:

I've heard some have received upon accepting Christ, some when they are water immersed in baptism. It varies on the individual believer. God deals with us in the same respect and not like mass production.

An individual God to we as individualists. How the Lord deals with me would not necessarily how He would minister to you. I hope this doesn't sound all confusing. 

It's a little bit chaotic in here right about now! haha! 

God bless!

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

29 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I remember being taught that a person gets saved, but does not receive the Holy Spirit until sometime later. That the gift of the Holy Spirit is a separate thing from being saved. And that you have to seek out the Holy Spirit in order to have the Holy Spirit in your life. This was referred to as "sanctification".  In other words. You can be saved and on your way to Heaven. But you do not have the Holy Spirit in your life unless you seek to have it and that comes after you have been saved.   I am now starting to question this way of thinking. I am thinking now that when a person is saved. They have the Holy Spirit in their life at the moment they become saved. Then from there with the help from the Holy Spirit, that they grow in their Christian walk.  I am thinking that there is no two classed of Christians. Those who are just saved, and those who are saved and also have the Holy Spirit or also called Saved and Sanctify.  So what do you all think of this?  Am I one the right path here with thinking that when you are saved you have the Holy Spirit right then? Or Does the Holy Spirit come later?    :confused:

Read all about Cornelius. That might answer that question. The rest is just a bunch of doctrine boxes, generally invented by the priestly class to subjugate believers and somehow control them. The Spirit blows where He wills.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

36 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

What you have been taught sounds like the "entire sanctification" doctrine (sometimes called the "second blessing").  It is usually Wesleyans who teach this and it causes huge damage in the body of Christ.

Every born again Christian has the Holy Spirit and is being sanctified.

Rom. 8:8-10 (ESV)

8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 
9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

4 minutes ago, David1701 said:

It is usually Wesleyans who teach this and it causes huge damage in the body of Christ.

This is a common misconception concerning so called, "huge damage" and typical of cessationist thinking. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Am I one the right path here with thinking that when you are saved you have the Holy Spirit right then?

You do indeed, LadyKay. Again, I'm sorry for the business of our situation today, or I could go into further detail on the experience of the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. As I've said, when we receive the Lord Jesus Christ, the triune Lord dwells within us at that time. If we understand the trinity then it's easier to understand this. You're speaking of a different aspect of the Lord's gifts and ministries and His Spirit specifically. Now, this is available to all who believe, but it's not necessarily for every believer. Not everyone is interested in it. It may be for you or perhaps it isn't. Allow me to go a little more into saying this much more in addition. 

Don't buy into someone spoiling it for you by saying it's ruined modern day Christianity. It may have been a sour event for them, that's hardly a fair call. Seek things out for yourself and make your own decisions on the matter. I certainly can't and neither should anyone else for you. Many are thrilled by the experience. So there you have it. This will explain why I'll be very hit and miss on the forums today. This morning at 4:30, the coroner took one of our ladies away. Thank God, she passed peacefully in her sleep. We all wish to go to Heaven in this manner. God bless you as you seek His will for your life. Here's a little information about what's going on here.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

One of the key aspects of G-d, is that he's really keen to do whatever he wants, in ways that we don't understand.  For example, when Jesus healed the blind man Jericho, he just said 'you are healed' and he was healed and could see.  But then in Galilee, he spit in his eyes.

Why did he do that?  Who knows.

When we talk about sanctification and the holy spirit, I'm not going to say "The Lord does it this way", because I don't know what he's going to do.   He likes to surprise us, and do things in odd ways.

So that said, I would think... that simply because we no longer see people gathering in rooms, and waiting for the spirit to come down in tongues of fire, to land on people, that it would be my GUESS... that people get the holy spirit at the moment of salvation.

So I don't know for certain, but I would just guess that you are right.

And by the way, even if you and I are wrong about it, there is no way for us to know who has the Holy Spirit, and who does not.  So we might as well assume the best in all, until they prove otherwise.  Right?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

If a person is genuinely saved they receive the Holy Spirit right away. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

If a person is genuinely saved they receive the Holy Spirit right away. 

59 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

As I've said, when we receive the Lord Jesus Christ, the triune Lord dwells within us at that time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,048
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

AS  I'VE  SAID ??  AND  YOU  SAY  WHAT ??      --IS  IT  NOT  TRUE  THAT  JESUS  SAYS  BECAUSE  HIS  FATHER  SAID  SO--

ACTS 20:29 for I know this that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you --20:30-- also of your ownselves shall men arise --SPEAKING  PERVERSE  THINGS-- to draw away disciples after them

PROVERBS 8:8  all the words of  MY  MOUTH  are in righteousness there is nothing froward or --PERVERSE--in them

1 JOHN  2:9  if we confess our sins  HE  is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from --ALL  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS--

PROVERBS 8:20  I lead in the way of righteousness in the midst of the paths of judgement 

MATTHEW 5:6  blessed are they which do --HUNGER AND THIRST-- AFTER RIGHTEOUSNESS-- for they shall be filled 

MATTHEW 6:33  but --SEEK  YOU  FIRST-- the kingdom of  GOD  and  HIS  righteousness and all these things shall be --ADDED-- unto you 

ACTS 5:32 and we are  HIS  witnesses of these things and so is also the holy spirit whom  GOD  hath given to them that obey  HIM 

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing --THE  WORDS  THAT --I SPEAK-- unto you they are spirit and they are life 

JOHN 5:21  for as  THE  FATHER  raiseth up the dead and quickeneth them even so  THE  SON  quickeneth whom  HE  will

1 CORINTHIANS 15:45  and so it is written the first man adam was made a living soul the last adam was made a quickening spirit 

JOHN 3:34  for  HE  whom  GOD  hath sent speaketh the words of  GOD  for  GOD  giveth not the spirit by measure unto  HIM

1 CORINTHIANS 1:30  but of  HIM  are you in  CHRIST  JESUS  who of  GOD  is made unto us --WISDOM -- AND  RIGHTEOUSNESS--AND  SANCTIFICATION--AND  REDEMPTION

--1:31-- that according as it is written --HE  THAT  GLORIETH  LET  HIM  GLORY  IN  THE  LORD 

JOHN 8:47  he that is of  GOD  heareth  GODS  words you therefore hear them not because you are not of  GOD 

JOHN 10:26  but you believe not because you are not of  MY  SHEEP  as  I  SAID  unto you 

--10:27-- MY  SHEEP  HEAR  MY  VOICE  AND  I KNOW  THEM AND  THEY  FOLLOW  --ME--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST